Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Drive or similar 'Wireless' HD

Options
  • 08-07-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Im looking at purchasing a NAS Drive for use in my house.

EDIT:
    Or if something like this exists for cheap it would be better again, a mini PC that would only really be running Plex. All content being streamed via Plex can be stored locally on the machine or on a External HD. So the cheapest Mini 'PC' available that would run plex.

I'll describe the set up i want.
    A hard drive 'wirelessly' available to all devices that connect to it.
    I will then use the data stored on this device to stream on my TV via Plex or something similar with metadata etc. for all the files.
    Not sure what I will use to stream to the TV yet, whether its just a ChromeCast or something similar.

Anyways all i'm looking for atm is the 'Wireless' HD, or a NAS if im correct yes?

Now as for purchasing, I will be in the US in two months, and can wait until then if i will be saving a lot for the same set up.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Would something like this, PogoPlug allow me to attach my own Hard Drive(internal) and make it wirelessly available as a mounted 'drive' to any other devices?
    Would Plex be able to access the drive ok?

Advertisement