Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface and Celtic Broadband

Options
  • 08-07-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am new to boards so forgive me if I get anything wrong here.
    I have ongoing problems with VOIP and need sound advice.
    I have a Blueface account I use for VOIP. I've been using it six years without problems.

I moved to an area with very poor Eirecom Broadband and the VIOP system started to fail. (End of a line and well under 1mg speed.)
    I dropped Eirecom and moved to a wireless broadband provider. Celtic Broadband. I get good speeds and have no issues with broadband
    But... Voip is poor. It stopped working recently. Celtic say the issue is with Blueface and claim they are responsible.
    Blueface gave me list of set up requirements for my broadband router and think it is a firewall issue.
    Celtic claim there is no issue and won't say if their router is set up as Blueface asked.
    They also tried to sell me Voip from a supplier they are tied to!!
    I can not access the router myself so can't check or do anything.
    I'm stuck in the middle with both companies claiming the problem lies with the other.
    (I tried a softphone system routed through my blueface account and it works - sort of but the audio-in drops every few moments.)
    Any help much appreciated.
    Regards David Rory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

davidrory wrote: »
    I am new to boards so forgive me if I get anything wrong here.
    I have ongoing problems with VOIP and need sound advice.
    I have a Blueface account I use for VOIP. I've been using it six years without problems.

I moved to an area with very poor Eirecom Broadband and the VIOP system started to fail. (End of a line and well under 1mg speed.)
    I dropped Eirecom and moved to a wireless broadband provider. Celtic Broadband. I get good speeds and have no issues with broadband
    But... Voip is poor. It stopped working recently. Celtic say the issue is with Blueface and claim they are responsible.
    Blueface gave me list of set up requirements for my broadband router and think it is a firewall issue.
    Celtic claim there is no issue and won't say if their router is set up as Blueface asked.
    They also tried to sell me Voip from a supplier they are tied to!!
    I can not access the router myself so can't check or do anything.
    I'm stuck in the middle with both companies claiming the problem lies with the other.
    (I tried a softphone system routed through my blueface account and it works - sort of but the audio-in drops every few moments.)
    Any help much appreciated.
    Regards David Rory.

Try a free Skype account and do some tests to friends and also do some test calls to see how that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davidrory

Thanks Johnboy1951. I have just set up a Skype account and will check it out. I'm still pissed at paying a yearly subscription to Blueface I can no longer use!
    Thanks,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If speed is the issue have you tried using the G729 rather than the G711 codec?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What kit do Celtic give you? If they wont allow access you can probably insert your own kit in its place.

Mod: Please don't dig up zombie threads. All posts moved into this new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 davidrory

Sorry I have no idea what the zombie thread was.

davidrory wrote: »
    Sorry I have no idea what the zombie thread was.

You should create a new thread rather than a new post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056704028

You posted here in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056375468
    which is 3 years old. A zombie thread is a thread which is generally over 1 year and most of the time we prefer to create a new thread on the discussion then just continue 5 years later for example. Sometimes it's ok if it contributes a lot to the original unanswered question, but here your question had no relevance to the OP's topic.

Basically you clicked the wrong link by accident and ended up asking a question in an old thread when you should have created a new thread.

Hope that makes sense. Wouldn't fret over it though, easy mistake to make :)

Advertisement