Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Everything suggests that the banks and everyone else are waiting for house prices to rise. What i don't get is what the banks have done with the billions of recapitalisation. Not that i advocate mass right-downs (absolutely not) but i just don't get where this money went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

There is more to come on that EY story, that's not one that's over yet. Very much recognised within the accountancy profession. Tune in next week as the saying goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

myshirt wrote: »
    There is more to come on that EY story, that's not one that's over yet. Very much recognised within the accountancy profession. Tune in next week as the saying goes.

GUBU stuff on VB tonight! Accountants basically can lie about the true state of affairs
    and it seems to be all kosher. What chance do ordinary Joe Soaps have when
    dealing with such 'creativity'?? :(

One comment by a viewer: 'Cannot believe what I am hearing tonight. Are there not
    police all over Europe hunting for these guys?'

brooke 2 wrote: »
    GUBU stuff on VB tonight! Accountants basically can lie about the true state of affairs
    and it seems to be all kosher. What chance do ordinary Joe Soaps have when
    dealing with such 'creativity'?? :(

One comment by a viewer: 'Cannot believe what I am hearing tonight. Are there not
    police all over Europe hunting for these guys?'

My sister is an accountant and the stories she has about the bull**** she has to put up with. I distinctly get the impression from her that only the morons and unethical guys get promoted in that world. And scruples aren't really an asset. Same as a lot of spheres tbh.
    Depressing.

How can these accountancy firms who signed off on the banks being solvent still be in business and not only be still in business but actually taking on new government contracts?

I would imagine largely because it's effectively a cartel of sorts (can't call it a monopoly technically). The big four have the market cornered. Same old corporatism/ board musical chairs going on there between them/the banks and government/establishment.

It's ingrained and very depressing.
    Nothing changes.

It's not a popular thing to say but at the crux of this crisis back in 2008 a trick was missed. That's when the establishment was ****ting it that revolt could be a genuine prospect.

I'm far from a pinko leftie tree hugger, and of course quality of life nowadays is better than years ago (inequality is still a huge problem mind you).
    But given that it's same old, same old now and nothing really seems to have been done in terms of relationship between government/regulation and big business, I do feel a trick was missed back in 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

What, did everyone miss tonights JML ad? The Purrfect Arch, €24.99 is a bit much for a loop of wire with some brush heads affixed to it on a wooden plinth. It probably cost about 50c to make in some chinese slave labour prison camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If you are a member of SF you eventually end up having to make excuses for the IRA.

What, did everyone miss tonights JML ad? The Purrfect Arch, €24.99 is a bit much for a loop of wire with some brush heads affixed to it on a wooden plinth. It probably cost about 50c to make in some chinese slave labour prison camp.

But your cat won't care :P

The IRA were an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

RobertKK wrote: »
    The IRA were an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to this country.

Any mention of the british army war mongers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

When you see these kind of ads, you know that the recession must be over.:rolleyes:

It's the Vinny and Eoin show.

Any mention of the british army war mongers?

No as they are not a political party here looking to get into government.

Watching Oireachtas TV is akin to counting sheep.

The shinners betraying their fascistic side there. Full power or nothing.

Sf are too embarrassed to take their seats in Westminster given their armed wing liked bombing England.

Gerry Adams keeps everyone in line by warning, 'they haven't gone away you know'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How can these accountancy firms who signed off on the banks being solvent still be in business and not only be still in business but actually taking on new government contracts?

And the same so-called "experts" still commenting on affairs on RTE. Brazen.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm warming to George......in a manly way, of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

No side are very weak.

As usual.

• Advertisement

George is like... 'Wat?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Sinnott is dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Extremely weak. If they had someone like Una Mullaly on the yes side. She would tear them apart.

George very passionate about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

This is the weakest Yes team I have seen.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    This is the weakest Yes team I have seen.

Both sides are pretty poor.

Kathy is voting no because of biology.

Would the no side say that no gay couple should be able to adopt (or look after their own) kids. No matter how stable and loving the relationship is.

Is this actually what they assert?

Surprised at Kathy Sinnott. I'd have given her credit for having more sense than she's showing right now

• Advertisement

George going the way of Fionnan if he's not careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

George hook just went full retard

'I'm the only gay in the studio' :)

ricero wrote: »
    George hook just went full retard

That's what happens when someone is passionate about a subject

The privitisation of childhood.

This is turning insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Privatisation of children"

WTF?

• Advertisement

Will my children even be my children? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Will my children even be my children? :D

They'll be owned by Google.

I've just decided that I'm pissed off with the whole debate on this issue. Everything that can be said has been said umpteen times.
    The NO side are simply disgusted by the very notion of same-sex marriage, but they cannot say that.
    The YES side believe that the NO side are all homophobes, but they cannot say that.
    The whole debate is phoney.

Personally I don't care if someone marries their pet donkey if that's what they want.

Privatisation of childhood?
    Will they be sold off and floated on the stock market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

All the children are going to be turned into gay slaves. Run for the hills

• Advertisement

Are the No side against single people raising children?

We're all gonna catch the homosexuality and that'll be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Right now Denis O Brien is making secret plans to buy all the children in Ireland. Children should be kept in public ownership and never privatised. Put it to a constitutional vote I say.

Ask that annoying no guy if 2 gay people in a stable, loving relationship would be better looking after kids than 2 straight people in a dysfunctional, abusive relationship.

His point is essentially they wouldn't. Why don't they pin him on it.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I've just decided that I'm pissed off with the whole debate on this issue. Everything that can be said has been said umpteen times.
    The NO side are simply disgusted by the very notion of same-sex marriage, but they cannot say that.
    The YES side believe that the NO side are all homophobes, but they cannot say that.
    The whole debate is phoney.

Personally I don't care if someone marries their pet donkey if that's what they want.
    Then they could say, without being sexist, ''Hey, nice ass'' :)

No guy just said the same sentence over and over again like a robot. It probably plays well with the hardcore No voters, not so well with floating voters.

I can't imagine Sinnott convinced anyone to vote No.

Hook and Norris were alright, perhaps Hook's relaxed, 'older' and 'wiser' approach to the topic will appeal to older voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,450 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ask that annoying no guy if he would be OK with 2 gay people in a stable, loving relationship would be better looking after kids than 2 straight people in a dysfunctional, abusive relationship.

That's not what he's saying though, he's saying if all was equal the man and woman are more equal, think the yes side are missing that point from the No, Pat Kenny asked Shatter a few times this morning but couldn't get a straight answer out of him. He must have an opinion which is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

The No campaigners really do themselves no favours at all. Least endearing group of people I have ever witnessed. Gun Lobbyists, included.

Vincent Brown should never be chairing such a serious debate though.

Meath East constituency? That's mine............yay!

That's not what he's saying though, he's saying if all was equal the man and woman are more equal, think the yes side are missing that point from the No, Pat Kenny asked Shatter a few times this morning but couldn't get a straight answer out of him. He must have an opinion which is better.

If you say Yes, it may offend children and families that don't have that situation.

Even if the answer to that question is Yes..it still shouldn't influence your vote. Same-sex couples wanting to get married doesn't affect anything.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement