Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

That looked prerecorded to me!

Like he's not really convincing anyone about his interest or care for children with his bizarre performances every time he's on the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

What's the story with no thread on the Prime Time debate... ? I was barred from the radio forum earlier, I was sort of hoping I could do the double...

What's the story with no thread on the Prime Time debate... ? I was barred from the radio forum earlier, I was sort of hoping I could do the double...

You can debate the issues during the #Vinb programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Legend.;)

John is not looking too bad after going 10 rounds toe-to-toe with Mary Lou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Come on, John. Fly off the handle, you loony ****er.

Come on, John. Fly off the handle, you loony ****er.

This is all very sane for John. He thrives on the dramatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Is John Waters married? He appears to be wearing a ring on his wedding finger.

MrsD007 wrote: »

A single parent. So.. whatever that means.

• Advertisement

He should have wore on his finger. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Not sure, but he had a baby with a Priest.

The No side said that two men can't rear children.

I would have thought Waters opposed this.

Calling them "gays" feels wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is a very dull debate - Colm O'Gorman and Paddy Manning would've been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This debate is far too civilised to be interesting. C'mon, lads, lash out!

• Advertisement

Waters is pretty dreadful on this issue. Quinn or Mullen are far better debaters.

Many of us have sympathy with the causes that he supports, but his attack on same-sex marriage is at least misguided and damaging his own cause. I can't imagine many single fathers voting No.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Micheal Martin talking about children, yet during the time he was in government from 2002 to 2012, 197 children died in state care, 112 of unnatural causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This is a very dull debate - Colm O'Gorman and Paddy Manning would've been better.

He should get 5 a side and put them on seats like the Carlow/Kilkenny Byelection debate last week.

He should get 5 a side and put them on seats like the Carlow/Kilkenny Byelection debate last week.

Debate needs a Daithi....

John Waters is getting this a bit more heated.

• Advertisement

Come on John muddy the Waters, kick off!

Same spiel in both debates by this joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I don't remember Waters getting excited when the Government clawed money back from the Special Needs Assistants, Carers, Child Benefit etc. That was the time to air his views about the welfare of children

Waters is flailing.

Complex and simpl.... Uhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Waters is being torn to shreds to be honest, delightful to see.

I'm not a fan of Michael Martin, but he's always been a great debater. He's winning this hands down. Waters is a clown.

Martin is taking strips off Waters.

A lot of his party don't believe in Micheal Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Poor Sinead O Connor having to put up with this guy.

Also has Vinny had a stroke. Never seen him so quiet

• Advertisement

It is extraordinary that it was only 20 years ago, that homosexuality was decriminalised in this country by a decision of the Court of Human Rights. It was NOT because of the efforts of any Irish politician except David Norris.
    Now they are all jumping on the gay bandwagon.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It is extraordinary that it was only 20 years ago, that homosexuality was decriminalised in this country by a decision of the Court of Human Rights. It was NOT because of the efforts of any Irish politician except David Norris.

Do you mean this as a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Fionn and Sinead would make a nice couple.

Yeah. I'm not getting the idea that yes won't go out and vote. Its been drilled into us a lot. Yes side voters have more to lose and know it.

A lot of talk about a silent No vote, but there's also going to be a silent Yes vote too. In some social circles, it's not cool to say you're voting Yes.

Do you mean this as a good thing?

I mean that politicians will jump on whatever bandwagon that happens to be passing if they think that there will be more votes in it for them. Not even ONE Irish politician supported David Norris when he fought his case through the courts because at the the time they reckoned there was no votes in for them.

I mean that politicians will jump on whatever bandwagon that happens to be passing if they think that there will be more votes in it for them. Not even ONE Irish politician supported David Norris when he fought his case through the courts because at the the time they reckoned there was no votes in for them.

I'm not sure there's any votes in supporting the Yes side in fairness. Do you?

I'm certainly not going to vote for someone just because they supported a Yes vote. It may factor into my decision, but it will be one small factor. I'm sure this is the case for most people!

John Bruton was falling over himself with being so nice, smiliey and starstruck when Charles came here 20 years ago.
    It was embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm not a fan of Michael Martin, but he's always been a great debater. He's winning this hands down. Waters is a clown.
    Could Waters perhaps feel somewhat aggrieved that same sex marriages (say two men) will have more rights in the constitution/family courts etc. in a few day's time than he and many other single fathers could even have dreamt of over the past 20 years? He seems completely obsessed with his and other single men's stories, traumatised even..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

going by the debate i would vote yes. tbh i wasnt sure what i was voting for but martin tried to argue it clearly and concisely. if they want to marry and be as unhappy as the rest of us, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I gave up half way through. I can't stand John Waters. I bump into him on a regular basis in my local shop. I said hello to him once and he looked at me as if I was a piece of sh1t. I look at him the same way now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

sligojoek wrote: »
    I gave up half way through. I can't stand John Waters. I bump into him on a regular basis in my local shop. I said hello to him once and he looked at me as if I was a piece of sh1t. I look at him the same way now.
    Two pieces of sh1t then...? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

K4t wrote: »
    Two pieces of sh1t then...? :pac:
    Yeah. And he's both of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Homosexuality was never a crime here, it was a certain act that was decriminalised .... Just being factual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

RobertKK wrote: »
    John Bruton was falling over himself with being so nice, smiliey and starstruck when Charles came here 20 years ago.
    It was embarrassing.

Let's look at that again, shall we?

I have a sudden urge to crawl in behind the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

RobertKK wrote: »
    Micheal Martin talking about children, yet during the time he was in government from 2002 to 2012, 197 children died in state care, 112 of unnatural causes.

This crowd is no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

sligojoek wrote: »

Why not give him the 'stink palm', next time you meet him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Waters is pretty dreadful on this issue. Quinn or Mullen are far better debaters.

Many of us have sympathy with the causes that he supports, but his attack on same-sex marriage is at least misguided and damaging his own cause. I can't imagine many single fathers voting No.

Red herrings so far, from the No side:
    1. Surogacy.
    2. Adoption.
    3. Fathers rights.

I've only just discovered an article by Waters, I haven't read all of it, but it gets off to an interesting start (re: the referendum)
    Unmarried fathers just want equality

By JOHN WATERS

IMAGINE IT being argued that citizens be denied the right to go where they please because the freedom to travel also benefits hijackers and terrorists! Would anyone give a moment's thought to abolishing the liberties of the vast majority on the basis that a few wicked people will inevitably benefit from these freedoms? Anyone stupid enough to make such a proposal would be laughed into oblivion, writes JOHN WATERS

Imagine his anger if someone tried to muddy his waters, when he campaigned for equal rights?

I just tuned in here a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if it's a repeat. It seems to be the same complaints and whinges every week!

Vincent Browne will be presenting live from The George on Saturday between 4 and 6PM for the referendum results.

That should be interesting (and noisy)!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement