Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dennis bergkamp

When Gerry A was addressing the TeaShack re Clery's, anyone else disgusted by Enda twirling his pen between his fingers.

The sheer arrogance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Very depressing show all round tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

When Gerry A was addressing the TeaShack re Clery's, anyone else disgusted by Enda twirling his pen between his fingers.

The sheer arrogance

Talk to Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'd rather him than the crooks in the suits across from him!

Is that the same Mick Wallace who defrauded the state by falsifying his VAT returns?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Is that the same Mick Wallace who defrauded the state by falsifying his VAT returns?

And he was prosecuted. Unlike the crooks in fine gael. Go read the Moriarty tribunal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

And he was prosecuted. Unlike the crooks in fine gael. Go read the Moriarty tribunal!

Oh so that's ok so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You would search for many a day before you'd come up with an honest politician in the Dail or elsewhere. Self-serving hypocrites the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

You would search for many a day before you'd come up with an honest politician in the Dail or elsewhere. Self-serving hypocrites the lot of them.

Rare I agree with a gunner fan but when your right, your fukn right.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Walt Jabsco

Oh sweet jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

One song was too many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That guy can talk, for a minute there I thought he was going to get Ireland to send a man to the moon.

M

I'd love if Vincent asked at the end to see a copy of the notes each of the TD's are taking during the show.

I'd love if Vincent asked at the end to see a copy of the notes each of the TD's are taking during the show.

I thought this was "the people's debate" ? All we have heard from are political hacks of one shade or another. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree with this lady, the government needs to expand the Breast Check programme to include younger and older women, at present it only caters for women from 50 - 64 years.

I'd say they are writing something along the lines.......

"I'm Great, fukn great and **** these whiney basta%ds if they can't see it,Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

There's something very depressing about the People's Debate when it comes from rural constituencies.

What a brave man :(

MrsD007 wrote: »
    What a brave man :(

I think he's exaggerating a tad!

This is very distressing, the poor man. It's so sad that he is suffering all these years later.

I'm glad they're ending the debate there. You can't really follow that with more Fianna Fail councillors and anti-water-tax protesters.

• Advertisement

A crime scene?..........what was the crime exactly? Is he suggesting that babies were murdered?

Roger, you need to read some of Catherine Corless's accounts of what happened before you post again. Seriously, this is a very disturbing period of our history and it's offensive and insensitive to dismiss it.

Roger, you need to read some of Catherine Corless's accounts of what happened before you post again. Seriously, this is a very disturbing period of our history and it's offensive and insensitive to dismiss it.

I have followed this story very closely. What everyone seems to miss is that the chief culprits were not the nuns or the priests or the state, but the families of these women and babies. It was their families who abandoned and disowned them. The nuns simply picked up the pieces.
    It is popular now to blame the 'state' or the church for the predicament which these women and children found themselves in. But that is not the truth. The truth is that the blame lies with the plain people of Ireland who tacitly or actively approved of the way the 'problem' was dealt with.

P.S. If you want to ban me for expressing my opinion, then so be it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Remind me, who was it who convinced those families that the daughters were "fallen"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Don't forget using his employee's pension contributions to pay his family six figure salaries.

Vincent just read my Tweet. Proudest moment of my life.

RayM wrote: »
    Vincent just read my Tweet. Proudest moment of my life.

How does it feel to be famous?

Did ya go all red?

Can I have your autograph?

Can we be friends?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    How does it feel to be famous?

A bit like this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Remind me, who was it who convinced those families that the daughters were "fallen"?

Did they put a gun to the parent's heads or something? Or were the girls willingly sent there by their families?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Did they put a gun to the parent's heads or something? Or were the girls willingly sent there by their families?

More like the families were brainwashed into sending their "fallen" daughters there.

Is Michael Healy-Rae, by any chance, related to Regina Doherty? Their facial expressions are very similar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Populist bumpkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Rambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I hope this isn't this guy's speaking voice.

I used to slag off the Healy-Raes but I know a family in Clare who needed urgent medical care for a family member and Michael helped out. There was no votes for him and yet he managed to do what our four TDs in Clare couldn't or wouldn't do.

• Advertisement

There is no future for rural post offices. Increasingly people are doing their business online. That is not going to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

In the next 10 years you will see a Healy Rae Td in Clare.

I've yet to encounter a rural post office that doesn't treat its customers like an inconvenience.

I've no idea what this woman is talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I used to slag off the Healy-Raes but I know a family in Clare who needed urgent medical care for a family member and Michael helped out. There was no votes for him and yet he managed to do what our four TDs in Clare couldn't or wouldn't do.
    this means that if he was able to help ye, the four td,s in your area could have too, but Healy Rae would try their best for everyone, always did and always will.
    we go to the bother of getting in our car burning petrol and taking time out the give people a vote,

• Advertisement
    M

There is no future for rural post offices. Increasingly people are doing their business online. That is not going to change.

If you could place bets in them there might be a future as an on the side bookies in the remote areas where there's none already.

M

Healy Rae with a sniper shot there on who voted for what, puts Mr FG back in his box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Heating up in Kerry tonight!!

Healy Rae with a sniper shot there on who voted for what, puts Mr FG back in his box.

That was actually aimed at Tom Fleming, Ofcourse Griffin voted for it, he's in governments and would lose the whip if he didn't. Tom was sweating buckets, but didn't have to answer the question

buyer95 wrote: »
    That was actually aimed at Tom Fleming, Ofcourse Griffin voted for it, he's in governments and would lose the whip if he didn't. Tom was sweating buckets, but didn't have to answer the question

I was wondering if Fleming was still there. He's not getting much of a look-in?

Great swipe at Joe Duffy there.:D

Tommy Mac hasn't spoken yet. Big surprise there! Will he stand independent FF seeing Brasil and Norma Moriarty have the nominations secured?

M

If only the financial crisis didn't happen the banks would still be lending massively unsustainable loans to people and we would have no problems.

M

The Rae's won't be able to do any deals if there's a large majority in the dail.

Great swipe at Joe Duffy there.:D
    I enjoyed that no end!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement