Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My opinion is that Aine is a racist.

An opinion on an opinion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I agree with some of old Haggs points but her attitude is appalling I don't think she can even bring herself to look at the two African people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

An opinion on an opinion thread.

What?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I agree with some of old Haggs points but her attitude is appalling I don't think she can even bring herself to look at the two African people.

I'd agree with that LS......

I think she was handpicked to rile people up.

I'd say the researchers won tonight....

What?

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    That the system is messed up :-D

all sides of the argument agree with this, so you agree with both sides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

People seeking refuge are just trying to make a better life for themselves and their children and circumstances have forced them to leave their country.

Some people just see the colour of their skin or their religious affiliation and compassion goes out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I was just thinking of the the 'people's debate' last night where you would think from listening to most of the contributors that this is the most fcuked-up country in the world.
    Why would anyone want to come here at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

That beard is scary

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I was just thinking of the the 'people's debate' last night where you would think from listening to most of the contributors that this is the most fcuked-up country in the world.
    Why would anyone want to come here at all?

I think it's a great country Roger.....seriously, I love it. It's the way it's run and the way Enda digs a hole in the ground like a mole and comes out of it that annoys me.

Where is he on the crisis in the North for instance?.......

Missing in Action as usual....I think that is a far greater crisis than Syrian's - who are more than welcome imo....

MLOD..........................:(

• Advertisement

Mary Louise O Donnell.
    Emblematic of everything wrong with this country.

Norn Iron slow learners. Grow up ye clowns.*

*opinions given while slightly drunk

Mary Louise O Donnell.
    Emblematic of everything wrong with this country.

Norn Iron slow learners. Grow up ye clowns.*

*opinions given while slightly drunk

Tut, tut.....not sharing drink is a no-no on this thread take e..........:eek:

I think it's a great country Roger.....seriously, I love it. It's the way it's run and the way Enda digs a hole in the ground like a mole and comes out of it that annoys me.

Where is he on the crisis in the North for instance?.......

Missing in Action as usual....I think that is a far greater crisis than Syrian's - who are more than welcome imo....

MLOD..........................:(

The country is run by people that we elect. I do not blame politicians for the various cock-ups that happen. I blame the people who elect them, namely us.....the 'plain' people of Ireland. The government we get is precisely the government we deserve.

The country is run by people thatwe elect. I do not blame politicians for the various cock-ups that happen. I blame the people who elect them, namely us.....the 'plain' people of Ireland. The government we get is precisely the government we deserve.

It's pretty scary that Roger. You are 100% right.

Enda is the man.

How does that make us feel tonight if we took a poll in Ireland? - a proper poll I mean as opposed to the ones you read about??.....

The Peace Process is in big danger in my humble opinion.

I do think that Peter Robinson's health has come into it. He had a scare recently, dare I say it, a cynical person could say he is using it to his benefit for his exit......

I'm sure he is far more responsible than that to damage the future of the NI Peace Process...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis that Aine one was an oul bag

How long has Vinny left. I heard he was leaving this mortal coil or at least tv3.
    Was it Ivan Yates (aargh) taking over.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis that Aine one was an oul bag

:D

That's a way of saying it all right Muuuuuuu.....:pac:

I take it you're not having her for afternoon tea anytime soon??.....:D

Who is this weirdo in the blue top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The country is run by people that we elect. I do not blame politicians for the various cock-ups that happen. I blame the people who elect them, namely us.....the 'plain' people of Ireland. The government we get is precisely the government we deserve.
    But lets face it Roger, we're not exactly spoiled for choice. We all make decisions that seem, to us, to be the correct one at the time.
    We could blame ourselves, but at the end of the day, we made a choice, and we have to take what comes.
    That's democracy......

How long has Vinny left. I heard he was leaving this mortal coil or at least tv3.
    Was it Ivan Yates (aargh) taking over.

Vincent has years left, just share the shots......:P

coolhull wrote: »
    That's democracy......

Until the next time coolhull...........;)

MLOD.
    Useless fool.

The Peace Process is in big danger in my humble opinion.

I do think that Peter Robinson's health has come into it. He had a scare recently, dare I say it, a cynical person could say he is using it to his benefit for his exit......

I'm sure he is far more responsible than that to damage the future of the NI Peace Process...........

The Good Friday Agreement was only ever a fudge. No solution is possible unless attitudes change on both sides on the political divide. No such change has taken place. The political 'settlement' under the GFA was bound to fail sooner or later.

Vincent has years left, just share the shots......:P

No I read recently he was leaving.
    Probably one too many run ins with tv3 producers.

• Advertisement

MLOD.

I'd give her a job with Daithi............no more.....

Until the next time coolhull...........;)
    Yeah, we'll make mistakes next time too when we get the ballot paper in our hot little paws. But whats the alternative to electing people we feel, rightly or wrongly, to be the best choice at the time?

The Good Friday Agreement was only ever a fudge. No solution is possible unless attitudes change on both sides on the political divide. No such change has taken place. The political 'settlement' under the GFA was bound to fail sooner or later.

It's "falling" fairly handily imo Roger.......

Not a big deal at all for the Government....

I think they are hiding under the mats on this tbh....

Migrants have given them their big story this month - not to underestimate the issue - but I think they are hiding behind it........

Yeah, we'll make mistakes next time too when we get the ballot paper in our hot little paws. But whats the alternative to electing people we feel, rightly or wrongly, to be the best choice at the time?

We should settle it under copious pints in all our respective locals coolhull.........as we usually do.......;)

Independents are going to cause havoc in the next election, Labour are gone imo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I'm genuinely astounded at some of the negativity of people in this country.

Once again today 2% growth in the economy still fastest growing in Europe.

Is it really that hard to be a little positive from time to time.

• Advertisement

Has Vinny got an apple watch.
    Who is this harridan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Aine is a racist - Always has been.

While this may be true, what she says is absolutely correct although obviously it only applies to some. The huge amount of economic migrants, liars and those taking advantage of the system will make the lives of people who are legitimate refugees a lot harder. The legal system for this process is completely inadequate and the legal profession take advantage of it by dragging things out. The government need to change the way refugees are processed and reduce the legal avenues they may take.

JustTheOne wrote: »

As someone pointed out earlier, this is opinion thread, and my opinion is no less valid than anyone else's . I don't expect everyone to agree

JustTheOne wrote: »

I think to be fair JTO, it depends where you are coming from at this "growth".....

If you're on the minimum wage or slightly over you're under pressure as you are not an ideal prospect for a mortgage/loan....

I've plenty of family in that situation, can't get loans, can't get regular hours.....hard to imagine you can't get a car loan if you're not guaranteed regular hours despite working for some of the biggest IT employers......

"Growth" is great if you're an employer not necessarily if you're an employee........

As someone pointed out earlier, this is opinion thread, and my opinion is no less valid than anyone else's . I don't expect everyone to agree

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

you're up late

If we have 220,000 vacant houses in the country, why do we have a 'housing crisis'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If we have 220,000 vacant houses in the country, why do we have a 'housing crisis'?

Price control on the assets by the banks, a market flood would give the real price.

M

Fool playing the religious card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did they say where these houses where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

A 12 point plan will have to be enacted to save his ass.

Things must be very bad, financially speaking, in TV3. They look like they're sitting around on recycled boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Things must be very bad, financially speaking, in TV3. They look like they're sitting around on recycled boxes?

Spent all their cash on the Champion's League set.

And Harry Redknapp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭joe_six_cans

most people dont want to live in roscommon or leitrim

M

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Spent all their cash on the Champion's League set.

And Harry Redknapp.

Twas good to see Harry on Irish tv :D

i can understand why FG are treading carefully on this one , the marriage equality referendum was a completely different animal than the eight ammendment issue , its a mistake to assume the public are of the same mind on each different issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Bitch fight on the cards here.

M

i can understand why FG are treading carefully on this one , the marriage equality referendum was a completely different animal than the eight ammendment issue , its a mistake to assume the public are of the same mind on each different issue

I think FG have miscalculated the Yes voters who would allow abortion, I would say it's higher than the Yes vote for gay marriage. Hiding in a corner and avoiding a vote is something you do in North Korea.

• Advertisement

I think FG have miscalculated the Yes voters who would allow abortion, I would say it's higher than the Yes vote for gay marriage. Hiding in a corner and avoiding a vote is something you do in North Korea.

i disagree with you , the media is overwhelmingly liberal in ireland and is not representtive of public opinon on many issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement