Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Cora Sherlock should get pregnant and have an abortion just to show people how awful it is for the mother. TV3 could even make a show out of it with perhaps Vincent being the man to plant the seed in a pilot episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Why are the anti-abortion people always so obnoxious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Six and a half years waiting for the HSE to accept responsibility for that, Jesus. What a country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Six and a half years waiting for the HSE to accept responsibility for that, Jesus. What a country.

And nobody will be suspended, lose their job or be in any way punished for the death as it would upset the union buzz that destroys the health system in every possible way with their entitlement attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Why are the anti-abortion people always so obnoxious?

Selling heads and hearts of foetuses. Obnoxious and dishonest. It's going to be like the SSM referendum all over again with the No side's nonsense talking points.

I didn't like that they said they don't even want a referendum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Vincent is having a great time in Roscommon.......

I'm becoming obsessed with ads on this blooming program.......

JML my asssssssssssss...........

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm becoming obsessed with ads on this blooming program.......

JML my asssssssssssss...........

Sometimes I think the programme is only used as a filler between the ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vinny is like a dog with a bone over minor issues that don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Vinny is like a dog with a bone over minor issues that don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

For sure Roger, he does seem to focus on manure at times........

• Advertisement
    M

Someone should build a machine to lift houses built in the middle of nowhere that nobody wants and drop them in the cities where they are needed, I seek €19billion in funding for this machine :D

Someone should build a machine to lift houses built in the middle of nowhere that nobody wants and drop them in the cities where they are needed, I seek €19billion in funding for this machine :D

"Atlantic Rim"........not a bad title at all for a "think-tank" day out in the country AD......:D

It's the same story, people desperate for services.

It's so depressing to hear speakers say the same thing over and over...........

Leo, you're no better than the rest...

M

I am afraid you can't have an ambulance for each rural town, it's not Saudia Arabia we are living in.

Why not just build 150,000 houses with the €19 billion?

M

Anyone notice TV3 now have the 3Player immune to Ad Blocker Plus? Twas good while it lasted.

I am afraid you can't have an ambulance for each rural town, it's not Saudia Arabia we are living in.

I'd rather not have an ambulance in Ardee and wait in Cavan/Monaghan while I was having chest pains though AD.......

M

Why not just build 150,000 houses with the €19 billion?

Yes that would get about €125k a house, that would work too :D

Vincent is eating this young lady alive.......

Not pretty viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I didn't know Laura from Fair City had entered politics ;)

• Advertisement

Vincent is eating this young lady alive.......

Not pretty viewing.

Vinny loves to pick on young naive people. He knows they won't have the balls to tell him where to go?

Vinny loves to pick on young naive people. He knows they won't have the balls to tell him where to go?

It's not nice to watch a bit of bullying.....

You have to grow up quickly in politics but I'm feeling for the young lady here.....

Enda said.......

As Pat R said.....It's only promises.

When will voters realise this??...

Is the hospital the only issue in Roscommon?

Is the hospital the only issue in Roscommon?

I'd like a new road to the West.

Wish list........;)

It's not nice to watch a bit of bullying.....

You have to grow up quickly in politics but I'm feeling for the young lady here.....
    I have no pity for her, she is a medical person, she should understand how bitterly disappointed the people are to have lost their A&E after the Taoiseach, Tanaiste and the Minister for Health gave them a commitment to keep it open.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I have no pity for her, she is a medical person, she should understand how bitterly disappointed the people are to have lost their A&E after the Taoiseach, Tanaiste and the Minister for Health gave them a commitment to keep it open.

She is young and full of idealistic ideas. We all thought change would happen in the ideals of youthful "Utopia'"

It's all promises MrsD.

All the money, all the grants, all the election guff is not worth the paper it's worth.

Young professionals still have aspirations of how they can deliver if they go into politics to make a change...

It will never change...

This is the problem that bedevils the health services in Ireland. Politicians should have nothing to do with the location and level of services in any area. Services should be provided based on the best and most economic way to provide those services.

Does everyone in Roscommon work in the health services?

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »

Maybe it's just the biggest employer?

I genuinely don't know....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

She is young and full of idealistic ideas. We all thought change would happen in the ideals of youthful "Utopia'"

It's all promises MrsD.

All the money, all the grants, all the election guff is not worth the paper it's worth.

Young professionals still have aspirations of how they can deliver if they go into politics to make a change...

It will never change...

It will change if young political aspiring politicians have the guts to make the decision to forget about their parents politics and get away from the treacherous policies of out of date parties. Hopefully, the next GE will make that decision.

Kathleen Lynch has just put her head in the sand.

I'd be surprised if she got her seat back.

It will change if young political aspiring politicians have the guts to make the decision to forget about their parents politics and get away from the treacherous policies of out of date parties. Hopefully, the next GE will make that decision.

I think that's what the younger generation hope for...

I'd welcome change.

I'm not holding my breath...Enda can hide and still tell us he's in for the long haul....

It's like being on the Merry-go-Round...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Renua are getting ripped to shreds here. She's not helping their case either.

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    I live in Clare, we lost our A&E a few years ago in similar circumstances to Roscommon. Prior to the removal of services we were promised a super duper Centre of Excellence in Limerick. I can tell you that services in Limerick are pretty horrific because the hospital was never given the resources required to deal with the extra case load from Ennis and Nenagh hospitals.

I won't even start on the ambulance service, it's a bit of a lottery, you have to hope that the ambulance isn't at the other side of the county ........ and then you have to make your way into Limerick.

"21% of our children are going hungry...".

Sooo, how come we have a child obesity problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Poor Eddie looks lost when Vincent challenges his bullet points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Just soundbites from the usual.

No reason any kid should go hungry in Ireland if their parents are responsible.

There is no excuse for any child to be hungry in this day in age, Aldi and Lidl do excellent offers on fresh meat and Fruit & Veg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

There is no excuse for any child to be hungry in this day in age, Aldi and Lidl do excellent offers on fresh meat and Fruit & Veg.

When parents spend money on smokes drink or whatever it will happen.

And of course that's endas fault.

But not on burgers, Coke, ice cream or pizzas, which is often the staple diet of teenagers

I think the Banks have given the "two fingers" to not just the rural areas........

I asked a BOI for change of a fiver recently when I was making a lodgement - "we only give out change on a certain day".......

Five coins.....and she sitting in front of a change stand full of coins.

You couldn't make it up.

Everyone here seems to be reading from a prepared script?

Everyone here seems to be reading from a prepared script?

It would be nervous if you were on the floor Roger and you wanted to get your point across I suppose.

I spent two days last year in B/dareen when the car broke down waiting for a car part, it's like a ghost town....

It's run down and full of closed shops...shadow of a town

I hope FG fail to get a single TD elected in this constituency, I suppose they'd invite Denis Naughton back into the fold then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I think the Banks have given the "two fingers" to not just the rural areas........

I asked a BOI for change of a fiver recently when I was making a lodgement - "we only give out change on a certain day".......

Five coins.....and she sitting in front of a change stand full of coins.

You couldn't make it up.

No way! are you serious????

The "Floating Voter" will cause havoc in the next GE......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Carmel sure put Vincent back in his box!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement