Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Her hair is like spun gold. Just a natural beauty.
    He meant the black one..

Her hair is like spun gold. Just a natural beauty.

Clarol ..... Pale golden blonde....€8.99 Boots ....😜

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Facts and people before profit - oxymoron.

Google and Apple employ real people in Ireland.

The far left in Kilkenny are as deluded as you would find anywhere else in the country.

Kathleen Funchion of SF wants to represent Carlow/Kilkenny and she lives in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Elvis is alive.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Elvis is alive.

I know him to see him, when I'm in the city. You would also know his house to pass it. The biggest Elvis fan in Kilkenny, if not the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought some Tesco branches were taking over some post office functions recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I thought some Tesco branches were taking over some post office functions recently?

Yes, the Post Office is being run down. What she said is incorrect...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm glad I sat through a seven minute ad break to hear Vincent announce the titles of four newspapers, then over in 48 seconds. Well worth waiting for......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

coolhull wrote: »
    I'm glad I sat through a seven minute ad break to hear Vincent announce the titles of four newspapers, then over in 48 seconds. Well worth waiting for......

The plot has been lost a long time ago, someone in TV3 should check his sell by date. Hopefully he won't be there when the GE comes up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Helen Mc antee and frank flannery!

Fine Gaels brightest!

God help us all!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

two nice sets of legs on the show tonight - really proving the decision to shake up the set was a wise one

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Frank Flannery, Kennys PJ Mara. Wouldn't believe his radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

donfers wrote: »
    two nice sets of legs on the show tonight - really proving the decision to shake up the set was a wise one
    Claire Byrne show started this whole look at mah legs thing. Set was clearly designed to show off the presenter's assets. Now we are seeing more of the VinB guests too. Can't complain. Some of them are very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

donfers wrote: »

Yeah, I suppose Vincent's legs were ok, but I wasn't really impressed by Frank Flannery's legs, and ML O'D's pins did nothing for me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd rather watch these programmes for the content, not presenters' or guests' legs or looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd rather watch these programmes for the content, not presenters' or guests' legs or looks.

In the absence of content, sexy legs are a good second best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

The Late Debate on Radio 1 is usually much better than this show.

Panels are balanced and the presenters don't push personal agendas ad nauseam. VB can't seem to resist a tiresome, rambling, semi coherent lecture on the word 'taxpayer' whenever a guest etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good loser wrote: »
    The Late Debate on Radio 1 is usually much better than this show.

Panels are balanced and the presenters don't push personal agendas ad nauseam. VB can't seem to resist a tiresome, rambling, semi coherent lecture on the word 'taxpayer' whenever a guest etc etc.
    I think he has a point when it comes to the word 'taxpayer' - look at Carers for example, they receive Carer's benefit or allowance from the State but they save the country almost €3 billion a year. These people more than pay their way but strictly speaking aren't 'taxpayers', so do they not count? Should they be dismissed because they don't pay income tax?

I would argue that we all pay taxes, indirect taxes are high in this country, so anyone who purchases goods or services is paying tax.

Why do FG keep putting this fellow on to debate with Vincent? These are not questions for a first time TD.

• Advertisement

Fine Gael are actually making fianna fail look straight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Jamie Bryson? WTF?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why do FG keep putting this fellow on to debate with Vincent? These are not questions for a first time TD.

He is a first time senator, everyone else is scared shítless.

Are you surprised. The coward Kenny looked like he was going to crap himself under questioning from Mick Wallace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mick Wallace looks amazing

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He's also blind ( I think ) and can't see the sneers.

• Advertisement

Jamie Bryson? WTF?

He maybe a Loyalits, but he is exposing the corruption in NAMA and the crooked operations of our politicians.

Thanks, I thought he was a TD. Either way, the minister for finance or some other senior figure should be on re-assuring us that there is nothing rotten in NAMA

Bertie ahern wore suits worth a couple of grand. And he was a crook!

So what does that tell us?

His face is also very like Enda's without the hair.

MLOD Another Enda shill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bertie ahern wore suits worth a couple of grand. And he was a crook!

So what does that tell us?

Ah come on now Bertie was a legend :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I can't take any more Marie Louise O'Donnell.

Only in Ireland could the same cabal that enriched themselves by bankrupting the country, are now enriching themselves again in a government fire sale of that very same property!

myshirt wrote: »
    FYP

That 90 yr old woman refused to take it down until she got the summons. Someone on Joe Duffy offered to pay the "fine" and she was heading to "the mountains" for dinner.

She'll be grand.

myshirt wrote: »

Revolting person.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think he has a point when it comes to the word 'taxpayer' - look at Carers for example, they receive Carer's benefit or allowance from the State but they save the country almost €3 billion a year. These people more than pay their way but strictly speaking aren't 'taxpayers', so do they not count? Should they be dismissed because they don't pay income tax?

I would argue that we all pay taxes, indirect taxes are high in this country, so anyone who purchases goods or services is paying tax.

The point you make is quite valid. In fact I have read somewhere that every income group pays roughly the same percentage tax - around 27%.

In which case referring to the 'taxpayer' is identical to referring to the 'citizen', making his distinction redundant. Plus condescending and tiresome.

Apart from the voluntary/inescapable taxes income tax is distinct in being adjusted up/down/sideways every year and when times are good and there is 'spare' money, people expect relief and vice versa. People see a direct link between this tax and Govt spending - hence the common parlance and the widespread usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Something very rotten in the state of Nama.

Only in Ireland could the same cabal that enriched themselves by bankrupting the country, are now enriching themselves again in a government fire sale of that very same property!

Wrong as usual Mick. MW might be quite happy if that was the case. In fact it's the Americans what are doing it.

Good loser wrote: »
    Wrong as usual Mick. MW might be quite happy if that was the case. In fact it's the Americans what are doing it.

Bernard Mc namara is now back in the construction business, being bankrolled by Denis o Brien.

One of Mc namaras developments is referred to on the front of all the national papers as Priory hall 2. Its going to cost 4 million for the residents to put right.

All the years of he's "bankruptcy" Mc namara kept he's home on Shrewsbury Road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Something very rotten in the state of Nama.

Sits back and waits to hear what exactly is wrong and when will all this 'wrongdoing' be proved .

Pass the popcorn please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I lost all respect for the government when they took medical cards off sick children (and adults), cut SNAs and resource teaching hours and reduced the Respite Care Grant by over €300.

I'm sure you would agree to a significant tax increase to restore those services?

Would others?

In hard times the depleted resources are spread thinly, everybody thinks theirs is the most important however deserving the situation.

That's what happens in Govt. those unpopular decisions HAVE to be addressed .

Then the know alls and bleeding g hearts in opposition try to up their profile by grandstanding on the issue instead of offering alternatives.

Sits back and waits to hear what exactly is wrong and when will all this 'wrongdoing' be proved .

Pass the popcorn please.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-foW99izIOiY/T_weZUNIaoI/AAAAAAAAF-8/8iU2niB-UI4/s1600/Lemmings+at+the+cliff.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

That loyalist blogger has had his date with destiny in the Dail rescinded.
    Perhaps something is definitely NOT right in the state of NAMA.

Jaysus that "Live Debate" is crap.
    I can't understand a word some of these lads are saying. What kind of accent is that at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm sure you would agree to a significant tax increase to restore those services?

Would others?

In hard times the depleted resources are spread thinly, everybody thinks theirs is the most important however deserving the situation.

That's what happens in Govt. those unpopular decisions HAVE to be addressed .

Then the know alls and bleeding g hearts in opposition try to up their profile by grandstanding on the issue instead of offering alternatives.
    A government party candidate who canvassed my home recently made a similar point. The spin doctors are obviously working overtime :rolleyes:

M

The farmers...were they brainwashed in to thinking that no milk quotas would mean a stable price for their milk? The government got some of them to borrow big when in the history of the world there has never ever ever been a case of higher supply keeping stable prices.

Jaysus that "Live Debate" is crap.
    I can't understand a word some of these lads are saying. What kind of accent is that at all?

A cross between Irish and Afghan. The people of Cork had a problem with settlement because of the floods. When you think about it who would build a town in a swamp. :cool:

M

It shouldn't take longer than a year to decide if someone is genuine or not.

• Advertisement

The farmers...were they brainwashed in to thinking that no milk quotas would mean a stable price for their milk? The government got some of them to borrow big when in the history of the world there has never ever ever been a case of higher supply keeping stable prices.

We got a lower milk price in 2009 than this year. Teagasc, the government, IFA and some others promoted dairying when the cost of getting into dairying is very high, then you had some start big rather than start small and build up. They gave unrealistic higher milk prices rather than looking at the worst case scenario.

2009 price around 21 cents a litre.
    2014 around 37 cents a litre at peak IIRC.
    Currently around 26 cents a litre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement