Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Music Box

The fine gael people present tonight didn't do their election chances much good tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Is it just me or is Boards acting the bollix again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

snipey wrote: »
    omg they cut him off and he was speaking alot sence

Thank god they did, he is one annoying gob****e. He's one of my local TD's and none of them are any use at all.

God help us at the next election as well if the councillors present are indication of the up and coming candidate gene pool!

Music Box wrote: »
    The fine gael people present tonight didn't do their election chances much good tonight.

Fine Gael are buggered and they know it. It wouldn't surprise me if they recall Brian Hayes to run again.

Labour are also gone. Rabbitte is retiring and Maloney has left the party in a vain attempt to try and save his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

snipey wrote: »
    omg they cut him off and he was speaking alot sence

That's censorship for you, he was making comments to close to the bone of the corrupt. TV3 protects the corrupt in order to stay in business.

That's censorship for you, he was making comments to close to the bone of the corrupt. TV3 protects the corrupt in order to stay in business.

Naw TV3 have to pay their bills from advertising. Sean was censored by commerce (and good taste).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

RobertKK wrote: »
    That was a sad story about the woman with the three children and no home.

There's thousands of stories like that and has been for years but as long an people feel entitled and fail to take an personal responsibility for there own situations noting will change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit ironic hearing the Yank giving out about foreigners being given jobs, she was given a very cushy one herself in the Seanad!

Gatling wrote: »
    There's thousands of stories like that and has been for years but as long an people feel entitled and fail to take an personal responsibility for there own situations noting will change

To be fair to her she was renting privately and when the property was sold she couldn't find a alternative property accepting Rent Allowance. It is a very common story and the main reason people who have never been homeless before are now facing that prospect and not only people on rent allowance.

What worries me more is the inefficient use of Hostels and Hotels as short term fixes. €700 per room per week mounts up fairly quickly. Thats €2800 per month well above the going rate to rent a private house in all areas with the exception of Foxrock or Killiney.

Rent rises need to be regulated and their needs to be a co-ordinated program of social housing countrywide. The government are talking about it but there is very little action actually occurring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

gandalf wrote: »
    To be fair to her she was renting privately and when the property was sold she couldn't find a property accepting Rent Allowance.

What worries me more is the inefficient use of Hostels and Hotels as short term fixes. €700 per room per week mounts up fairly quickly. Thats €2800 per month well above the going rate to rent a private in all areas with the exception of Foxrock or Killiney.

Rent rises need to be regulated and their needs to be a co-ordinated program of social housing countrywide. The government are talking about it but there is very little action actually occurring.

Was she quoted several thousand for the place she's in at the moment .
    I honestly don't think the government wants to build the social houses that's needed ,

One thing that gets me people saying the government bailed out the banks but haven't bailed out us ,when a person has been on benefits and rent supplement in a lot of case 10+years claiming the government hasn't done anything for them ,but don't see where there rent payments came from and weekly and monthly benifits for a decade that's a lot of money been spend for little or no return .

We might see 30,000 houses but how many will actually be for social housing as it stands most developments are mixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Exclusive.............one night soon we are going to have a programme dedicated to Enda Kenny's fitness for office.

Sorry, what I meant to say was ........... one night soon we are going to have a programme which is not dedicated to Enda Kenny's fitness for office.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Interesting to hear them all shouting they were going to vote the Government out but not one of them mentioned who they would replace FG/Lab with.

Doubt many of them give much thought to the kind of Ireland their hero comrade Murphy would have them living under, the benefits would be a lot less for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Most people I know want a cut in income tax and/or USC............period!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Most of the country don't want Sinn Fein anywhere near government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I'd rather SF than FF/FG. We need a good clear out of the old guard.

I'd rather SF than FF/FG. We need a good clear out of the old guard.

We don't need higher taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Strange seating arrangement. RBB looks lonely.

We need a good clear out of the old guard.
    You mean you want to clear all the ould fellas like Grizzly Adams? Yep, I'll go along with that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That was funny when Vinny was hetoring yer man.

He took out his earpiece and carried on talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

sligojoek wrote: »
    That was funny when Vinny was hetoring yer man.

He took out his earpiece and carried on talking.
    And VB is a fool. Can't understand simple math. You earn more = you benefit more from tax cuts. AND you earn more = you lose more with tax hikes.

Total left wing idiot. Like RBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

jjmcclure wrote: »
    And VB is a fool. Can't understand simple math. You earn more = you benefit more from tax cuts. AND you earn more = you lose more with tax hikes.

Total left wing idiot. Like RBB

Yep and your man was actually answering this but he kept harping on answer the question answer the question.

5 against 1 tonight and Vincent at the forefront asking people to answer questions then shouting over them.

He's gone very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fock me, the Gail woman on the panel is some MILF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Yep and your man was actually answering this but he kept harping on answer the question answer the question.

5 against 1 tonight and Vincent at the forefront asking people to answer questions then shouting over them.

He's gone very poor.
    Nobody benefits from that sh1te. Whether I agree with the interviewee or not they should be given a chance to say what they have to say. Then it can be debated. This nonsense of constantly talking over someone, not letting them get two words out, is ignorant and rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He's gone very poor.

Par for the course for Browne.

I see the Enda-bashing has started early tonight.
    (Apparently Enda had the 'gall' to suggest that the residents should have been consulted before the council decided to relocate the Travellers on their road.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus is DOB on the warpath again?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

If he's not careful, he'll give himself a heart attack..........

with any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

He's gone very poor.

The same tonight or worse It was 5 + VB v. 1.

He's totally lost any sense of balance. Like an anti-Govt propaganda show!

(Last night we had the Pearse D fatuous diatribe)

The West Cork boys rattled him.

Good loser wrote: »
    The same tonight or worse It was 5 + VB v. 1.

He's totally lost any sense of balance. Like an anti-Govt propaganda show!

(Last night we had the Pearse D fatuous diatribe)

The West Cork boys rattled him.

Browne has been like that ever since the late radio show on Rte.

Usual m.o. was to get in some 'Govt.' nonentity and take him/ her to pieces in company of some other people who got an easy ride, whilst the host got in personal digs along the way.

Lost any credibility with this poster.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I see the Enda-bashing has started early tonight.
    (Apparently Enda had the 'gall' to suggest that the residents should have been consulted before the council decided to relocate the Travellers on their road.)

Indeed, who wouldn't welcome horses, big dogs,rubbish, rats, scrap cars, washing machines,plastic bags to their neighbourhood.

Has me beat, so it has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The hairdresser in tv3 was working overtime tonight I see

vicwatson wrote: »
    The hairdresser in tv3 was working overtime tonight I see

Look whats on now goat looking at lightening.

Look whats on now goat looking at lightening.

Are ya talking about Regina again :-)

Is it freezing in tv3 studio ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

What's the story with having the guests on different rows. I thought I'd turned on the TV version of Guess Who.

guesswho1.JPG

Bullshít from O'Dowd.

Bullshít from O'Dowd.

That's a surprise :D

Ruth Coppinger always makes a show of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ruth Coppinger always makes a show of herself.

Nationalise Dell.

That's all I see when I look at her whining face.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

Ruth Coppinger is an embarrassment..this is the reason why you can't take left wing parties seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Vincent shi5ing on about how his front garden would be big enough to take a traveller family, he would not have them but it sounds good. The vast majority of non travellers would not want them nearby irrespective of what Coppinger and Vinnie think.

They haven't gone away you know.

Ahern given a canvas to have a pop at Sinn Féin tonight. The neck on him. He has absolutely zero credibility to give any opinions on any other political party.

Ahern given a canvas to have a pop at Sinn Féin tonight. The neck on him. He has absolutely zero credibility to give any opinions on any other political party.

He is well qualified being one of the chief people involved in the peace process.

They haven't gone away you know.

There seems to be a view that so long as the (ex)IRA bhouys stick to 'ordinary' crime, that they won't be bothered too much by the authorities.

This sort of tolerance could only happen in Ireland!

Thomas Byrne is like an ashtray on a motorbike, silly little clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The group panel thing seems to have been dropped. Savings made on appearance fees.

Thomas Byrne forgot to mention that he is an estate agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ruth Coppinger is an embarrassment..this is the reason why you can't take left wing parties seriously

Coppinger speaks for all of the left? Who in turn only express her opinions and everyone is the same? That's a pretty big brush you've got there, you'll need a lot of tar to go with it !

• Advertisement

This is supposed to be the 'people's debate'. The opinions being expressed do not represent the opinions of most of the people I know. The audiences seem to be heavily biased towards left wing views.

Maybe I mix with the wrong company?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement