Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

This country would be so much worse off with Vincent Browne. Government and Opposition TDs fear him. It's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Wide range of opinions there on the issue of the 8th Amendment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This is supposed to be the 'people's debate'. The opinions being expressed do not represent the opinions of most of the people I know. The audiences seem to be heavily biased towards left wing views.

Maybe I mix with the wrong company?

Aided and abated by Vincent Browne himself each time they speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This is supposed to be the 'people's debate'. The opinions being expressed do not represent the opinions of most of the people I know. The audiences seem to be heavily biased towards left wing views.

Maybe I mix with the wrong company?

Try and get out more, if you were a canvasser for the present regime or FF I would dread the task. I live in a small village the hatred is extreme.

Try and get out more, if you were a canvasser for the present regime or FF I would dread the task. I live in a small village the hatred is extreme.

I dunno, anyone I speak to while not astoundingly happy, realise it was a crap situation they were and are happy with the way the recovery is progressing vs the 2010 situation.
    Most reasonable people are starting to see through the shouty/roaring non existent policies of the left.

I just turned off this rubbish. Back to the same ole drivel and easy line of "tax the rich" i.e. people on 100k plus that go out every day, work damn hard to challenging targets.
    All this is a platform for the do-nothings, contribute nothings of society who hi-jack and use people with genuine issues like that medical card lady and her DS sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Maureen O'Sullivan speaks a lot of sense. It's a pity she doesn't get as much media attention as the likes of Ruth Coppinger and Clare Daly.

What a dead end to a what, was it a programme of information if it was it failed.

Maureen O'Sullivan speaks a lot of sense. It's a pity she doesn't get as much media attention as the likes of Ruth Coppinger and Clare Daly.

Agree. It's obvious she has a genuine interest in helping and supporting the real marginalised people in her area and the country in general. Can imagine her wanting to support people to turn their own lives around and get them back to working and actually contributing to a normal society.
    Not using these issues as cannon fodder against FG/Labour like the rest of the bandwagoners on display there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Good loser

road_high wrote: »
    Agree. It's obvious she has a genuine interest in helping and supporting the real marginalised people in her area and the country in general. Can imagine her wanting to support people to turn their own lives around and get them back to working and actually contributing to a normal society.
    Not using these issues as cannon fodder against FG/Labour like the rest of the bandwagoners on display there tonight.

By far the best of the Independents.

An intelligent, incrementalist prepared to advance her peoples' interests where she sees an opening.

So unlike the big ticket loudmouths (including VB) who would turn the whole f****ng country upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

I tuned in about 10 mins after the start. Did VB or anyone else challenge "Hello Mary Lou, good bye kneecaps" on the SF/PIRA/Crime 70 million a year etc?? I bloody hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good loser wrote: »
    By far the best of the Independents.

An intelligent, incrementalist prepared to advance her peoples' interests where she sees an opening.

So unlike the big ticket loudmouths (including VB) who would turn the whole f****ng country upside down.

The small ticket loudmouths love to roar and shout but they achieve firkke all,other than to get themselves re-elected by a voter base who can't see the wood from the trees.

Once someone else pays, they want everything.

Nah,those of us with some sense will run them from the doors.

Martin Mansergh is back. Haw! Haw! Haw!.....Gobsh1te :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

coolhull wrote: »
    Martin Mansergh is back. Haw! Haw! Haw!.....Gobsh1te :mad:

His faux stutter with increasing volume is particularly annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That Marie Lousie O Donnell gets on my nerves, he always seems have her on.

Lucinda was very cross last night, she really tore into that young fella from SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

lucinda got destroyed last night:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Talking about redacted and his redacted.
    I think the guy is a redacted myself.

That tribunal was clearly as useless as it was expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The property tax is a tax on poverty if your in a house and unemployed.

Vinny's favourite plaything Joanna Tuffy.
    She seems to be standing up to him more.

I wonder if Fergus is still backing the hopelessly conflicted Diageo

M

I wonder if Fergus is still backing the hopelessly conflicted Diageo

Such a stupid idea for someone of his sense to get involved in.

• Advertisement

Juliet Gash is a fantastic looking woman.

M

Gardaí not being trained to chase cars, you couldn't make it up, what do they bloody train them to do on the road?

M

Juliet Gash is a fantastic looking woman.

I never pictured her like that from my time listening on Today FM, I pictured her much older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Gardaí not being trained to chase cars, you couldn't make it up, what do they bloody train them to do on the road?

There are very strong rules regarding "chasing" cars in this country. Basicly your not supposed to. It's not like the USA.

M

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    There are very strong rules regarding "chasing" cars in this country. Basicly your not supposed to. It's not like the USA.

Like this unplanned sheite where 6 cars directly chase 1 car with no plan or nothing that will ever work to stop it, pure sheite training at it's best.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=47f_1376733803

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Are each of these guests at a different show.
    It all seems very disconnected.

Is Vincent forcing a show. Maybe he should give up the Thursday show. Maybe they could show repeats of some old TV3 crap instead.

Sinn Fein fellah learning the hard way that you don't mess with Vincie and get away with it

I think MLOD has finally lost it.

If these groups somehow manage to get into government, the first item on the agenda of their first meeting will be the split.

• Advertisement

Lolololol.
    Shinner putting it up to MLOD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Sinn fein guy owned m.o'd just there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Sinn Fein fellah learning the hard way that you don't mess with Vincie and get away with it

If tonight's left 'alliance' is an example of an 'alternative' government, I think we are much better off with the one we have, bad and all as they are!

It's pathetic listening to MLOD trying to defend our Walter Mitty Taoiseach.

Hopefully someone pisses MLOD off enough tonight that she fcuks off for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Hopefully someone pisses MLOD off enough tonight that she fcuks off for good.

The only one that can do that is you the voter.

• Advertisement

The only one that can do that is you the voter.

She's a senator. She's an unelected representative. The public have no say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

She's a senator. She's an unelected representative. The public have no say.

They will again have the chance in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think MLOD has finally lost it.
    I didn't see it tonight. What was she jabbering on about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Good loser

sligojoek wrote: »
    I didn't see it tonight. What was she jabbering on about now?

She talked more sense than anyone else on the panel tonight. VB for a change was measured.

Good loser wrote: »
    She talked more sense than anyone else on the panel tonight. VB for a change was measured.

Says a lot about the Irish electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't like rugby, but it is a good sport if you want to be a cripple or if you want to damage your brain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

Ha! Ain't that the truth, a few months ago I intercepted a stolen vehicle and following a controlled manoeuvre that involved overtaking a detective in a car managed to box in the stolen vehicle with mine, leading to apprehension of the thief who has since gone on to worse crimes that made the national news.

I've heard nothing since that day from the Gardai.

Boxing is another stupid sport.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Boxing is another stupid sport.

Fox-hunting and hare -coursing often cause death or maiming too, but since the humans don't usually suffer, it's not known as a rough 'sport'....not sure how the foxes/hares view this distinction

There should be weight restrictions on players in rugby, rather than having half of them looking like they pumped up on anabolic steroids.

Fox-hunting and hare -coursing often cause death or maiming too, but since the humans don't usually suffer, it's not known as a rough 'sport'....not sure how the foxes/hares view this distinction

I don't support any of that.

Banks are great at robbing people.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I don't support any of that.

Sorry, Robert, I never meant to suggest that you would

Have to put labels on alcohol for the 45% of stupid pregnant women who drink alcohol.

Man behind VinB trying to stay awake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement