Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RobertKK wrote: »
    I live alone in rural Ireland, and I am not worried about crime.

Well then you should read more of the print media and before long they'll have you sh1tting yourself about crime in rural Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Are you Pauric Nally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The green bit looked like a shamrock.

#confused labour politician

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am not aligned, just a bit crooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The media is as much to blame for the increased levels of fear as criminals are. They've been sensationalising rural crime as an issue for 3 years at least

Not saying it's not an issue, but crime stats don't explain why people would be more afraid now than 5 or so years ago.

The closing down of garda stations and removal of community policing has a lot to do with it too I'm sure.

What is this jurisdiction malarkey

Lloyd won't be getting elected but at least he turned up

Well that looked stupid Johnny

Sinn Fein are going to be dogged with the army council in the upcoming election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Wait till someone comes along and tries to sell you carpets or blankets.

The media is as much to blame for the increased levels of fear as criminals are. They've been sensationalising rural crime as an issue for 3 years at least

Not saying it's not an issue, but crime stats don't explain why people would be more afraid now than 5 or so years ago.

The closing down of garda stations and removal of community policing has a lot to do with it too I'm sure.

Crime stats flawed, people not wasting their time reporting anymore as they know nothing will be done, and if so it just gets added to the 100 previous when it gets to court

I think Micka "don't **** with me" Wallace is the winner tonight

That SF candidate Johnny was pathetic !

Sinn Fein are going to be dogged with the army council in the upcoming election.

INM and fellow gutter press readers will probably feel confused with your comment.

Fine Gael Darcy mouthpiece for Labour Howlin. Lol

• Advertisement

Wait till someone comes along and tries to sell you carpets or blankets.

Had people of a certain ethnic background looking to sell gates the other day, I missed them, but they blew their horn and then drove off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

FG have just put Howlin's seat under pressure? :)

Cannot fathom why he would shrink from a debate like this and say 'he would have nothing to do with it'...arrogance or foolhardiness? He obviously knows his electorate.

If Brendan Howlin represented the constituency so well for decades then why is it the 3rd most deprived constituency in the land?

It sounded like VinB said 'dung production'.

Happyman42 wrote: »

Cannot fathom why he would shrink from a debate like this and say 'he would have nothing to do with it'...arrogance or foolhardiness? He obviously knows his electorate.

Never struck me as anyone with bálls.

• Advertisement

Had people of a certain ethnic background looking to sell gates the other day, I missed them, but they blew their horn and then drove off.

Did they leave your gates in situ?

Oh that be arrogance alright, labour party/taxpayer in wexford spent 20,000€ on a gate down there to commemorate the 1913 lockout, in the middle of a road island.

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

vicwatson wrote: »
    James "I feel good" Brown. Father was useless politician too.

Can't have been all bad never lost his seat in over 30 years. Was never senior ministerial quality but you have to have some indians.

20 grand on a gate lol! any pics vic? This better be the best gate in Ireland for 20k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

These shows are great for championing the spending of money we don't have and entitlement culture
    It didn't get the nick name 'the joe duffy show with pictures' for nothing
    Aren't we fierce lucky the majority of voters are pragmatic and have common sense

An interesting analysis, but you have to ask the same question in regards to the entitlement culture of these politicians on their mega salaries, and also that they earn much more in relation to their travel expenses alone just rings a bell don't you think.

The entitlement culture stems directly from politicians, the ones that sit in the mansion awaiting their butler or maid, as these folk are the real ones claiming direct entitlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

You are contradicting yourself.

The media are just doing their job to highlight what's in the public's interest, nothing wrong there because rural crime since the recession until now is a real serious problem.

Your comment has been living under a rock for many years as it is nonsensical.

Howlin should have turned up, but these debates give to many people/groups a chance to bemoan their circumstances and Vinnie lapping it up. As some said it's like Joe Duffy but on tv. I thought Malcolm Byrne would have done better but came off the worse against Mick.

You are contradicting yourself.

The media are just doing their job to highlight what's in the public's interest, nothing wrong there because rural crime since the recession until now is a real serious problem.

Your comment has been living under a rock for many years as it is nonsensical.

I think you're the one living under a rock because crime in urban areas has increased more than in rural areas during the course of this recession according to the CSO. Yet if you read the media you'd nearly think that everyone in rural Ireland is facing crime all the time yet the reality is people in urban areas have faced more of it. You never see the same stink in the national media about crime in urban areas, only rural. No doubt both segments have faced higher levels of crime during this recession but the media coverage simply does not reflect that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    20 grand on a gate lol! any pics vic? This better be the best gate in Ireland for 20k!

Scroll down you will see it here http://photopol.com/wexford/lockout.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This Ayrton fells is some sham

Wait, was there something about Senna mentioned last night? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Yeah,I think Wallace will sail in,probably topping the poll with more than a quota again
    He is a strange mixture of contradictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

STB. wrote: »
    Mick Wallace might top the poll next time around. Leaving aside his tax issues, he seems to be the only one who can talk straight.

That the sitting ministers don't attend these debates is a disgrace and they should be told that on the doorsteps when they come looking for your vote.

Yeah the fella that stood up in the Dail and said that he would donate half his salary towards his debt turned around last night and declared he was going to keep all his salary if re elected.

Real straight talker all right...

But it doesn't seem to bother anyone in Wexford judging by all the cheers he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think you're the one living under a rock because crime in urban areas has increased more than in rural areas during the course of this recession according to the CSO. Yet if you read the media you'd nearly think that everyone in rural Ireland is facing crime all the time yet the reality is people in urban areas have faced more of it. You never see the same stink in the national media about crime in urban areas, only rural. No doubt both segments have faced higher levels of crime during this recession but the media coverage simply does not reflect that fact.

There are more guards in urban areas, although seeing as the Anti Water crowd don't want them they should send them to rural areas instead where they will be appreciated.

Howlin should have turned up, but these debates give to many people/groups a chance to bemoan their circumstances and Vinnie lapping it up. As some said it's like Joe Duffy but on tv. I thought Malcolm Byrne would have done better but came off the worse against Mick.

Gobshíté out of his depth lost a lot of votes over his ignorant attack.

Yeah the fella that stood up in the Dail and said that he would donate half his salary towards his debt turned around last night and declared he was going to keep all his salary if re elected.

But it doesn't seem to bother anyone in Wexford judging by all the cheers he got.

We had a good few honest TD's out of Galway and the west that fóóked the country. Glass houses and that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Gobshíté out of his depth lost a lot of votes over his ignorant attack.

He still might take votes from D'Arcy who is very weak also, Wallace and howlin definitely to get in also browne and Kehoe, last seat will be a big battle between D'Arcy and maybe sinn fein and a left candidate. If howlin doesn't have a surplus it will hurt fine gael

And why should it bother the 3rd most disadvantaged county in the country ? ****e politicians down there forever. Labour and their lockout wrecked labour relations down there for decades. No one will touch the place due to them.

Badabing wrote: »
    He still might take votes from D'Arcy who is very weak also, Wallace and howlin definitely to get in also browne and Kehoe, last seat will be a big battle between D'Arcy and maybe sinn fein and a left candidate. If howlin doesn't have a surplus it will hurt fine gael

Darcy did ok in the debate, didn't lose his cool.

Don't know about Kehoe, he was only hundred votes ahead of Darcy after the 1st count last time, just scraped in.

Darcy must stay ahead of Byrne though in the Gorey area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I don't like the way he keeps looking away from Sarah when he's talking to her. It's very disconcerting.

She's rocking the white blazer tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

John McGuirk is an absolute right wing assh*le.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Vinny is not giving him much leeway.

VinB should realise that the targets France hit came from people living in Raqqa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

John McGuirk is an absolute right wing assh*le.

Think he might post on here. :)

Think he might post on here. :)

Good, hope he reads that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

McGuirk is an embarrassment. His arguments get drowned out by his hysterical bully boy borderline meltdown attitude.

And on the rare occasion he does dial it back he continues to undermine himself with his snide sneery remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 quiet_speaker

Good, hope he reads that. :D

yeah id say he would be devastated to know that someone believed he didnt subscribe to left wing orthodoxy

Red King wrote: »
    McGuirk is an embarrassment. His arguments get drowned out by his hysterical bully boy borderline meltdown attitude.

And on the rare occasion he does dial it back he continues to undermine himself with his snide sneery remarks.

diversity of opinion is welcome IMO , unfortunately the left are so used to dominating media discourse , they get very upset when a conservative commentator opens his or her mouth

mc gurk is a breath of fresh air in so far as he is such a rare voice

Red King wrote: »

diversity of opinion is welcome IMO , unfortunately the left are so used to dominating media discourse , they get very upset when a conservative commentator opens his or her mouth

mc gurk is a breath of fresh air in so far as he is such a rare voice

the biggest embarrassment is vincent browne himself , i sometimes wonder if the man is mentally ill with the things he comes out with

diversity of opinion is welcome IMO ,
    Nothing wrong with diversity at all and nothing wrong with pointing out that right wing ideals are akin to fascism. And a spoofer shrieking his bullsh*t is still a spoofer.

I would say most Europeans would be happy to have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, Clare Daly is wrong about not wanting to bomb ISIS, and I was surprised she looks at the stock market and individual shares.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement