Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Clare Daly would have us overrun with terrorists, ISIS expanded because people including military fled as they moved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

That Dooley fella is a complete and utter dope. He absolutely knows himself that he is talking utter waffle/shiite.

So Clare Daly and Mick Wallace could be going to jail for 30 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Both Justine McCarthy and Clare Daly have clearly done their research, and are putting the two FG/FF chancers to shame.

RayM wrote: »
    Both Justine McCarthy and Clare Daly have clearly done their research, and are putting the two FG/FF chancers to shame.

Agreed, both FG/FF politicians appear like simpletons in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Let's see Daly tell Francois Hollande he can't bomb those savages, I'm sure he will give her a nice answer.

Talking through her hoop as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Let's see Daly tell Francois Hollande he can't bomb those savages, I'm sure he will give her a nice answer.

Talking through her hoop as usual.

Savages? You do realise that it will most certainly be ordinary people that they are bombing along with the terrorists who are caught up in the conflict, or don't their lives matter?
    Collateral damage i believe the good old US of A would call them.

Savages? You do realise that it will most certainly be ordinary people that they are bombing along with the terrorists who are caught up in the conflict, or don't their lives matter?
    Collateral damage i believe the good old US of A would call them.

You're as clueless as she is.

You're as clueless as she is.
    John McGuirk? Is that you?
    So you are telling me, that innocent people aren't caught up in the conflict and bombed/maimed and killed? Or do you just insult people that don't agree with your narrow view of the conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That Dooley fella is a complete and utter dope. He absolutely knows himself that he is talking utter waffle/shiite.

He is a typical FF waffler! Heard him at the weekend trying to deny that FF had held a crisis
    meeting about Pat Carey. Amazing how they hung him out to dry. No formulaic words re all
    the work he had done for the party and, definitely, no circling of the wagons for him as they did for so many scheisters in the past!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He is a typical FF waffler! Heard him at the weekend trying to deny that FF had held a crisis
    meeting about Pat Carey. Amazing how they hung him out to dry. No formulaic words re all
    the work he had done for the party and, definitely, no circling of the wagons for him as they did for so many scheisters in the past!

Pretty serious allegations in his case though.

John McGuirk? Is that you?
    So you are telling me, that innocent people aren't caught up in the conflict and bombed/maimed and killed? Or do you just insult people that don't agree with your narrow view of the conflict?

Civilian casualties do happen, that's a sad reality of conflict, but ISIS butcher all around them and kill any christian who won't convert and any muslim who opposes them.

And these are the people Daly wants sitting around a table talking?

Military action is the only way to get rid of them, an argument can be made that in the past the west made mistakes but we have to look at what is happening now.

I've seen the pics from inside that building where the concert was and I don't blame France one bit for wanting those responsible dead.

Civilian casualties do happen, that's a sad reality of conflict, but ISIS butcher all around them and kill any christian who won't convert and any muslim who opposes them.

And these are the people Daly wants sitting around a table talking?

Military action is the only way to get rid of them, an argument can be made that in the past the west made mistakes but we have to look at what is happening now.

I've seen the pics from inside that building where the concert was and I don't blame France one bit for wanting those responsible dead.

Yeah, 'mistakes' which ultimately led to the rise of ISIS. Yeah, let's kill hundreds of thousands of civilians again. That definitely won't lead to more extremism. Mistakes happen... civilian casualties happen... It's all perfectly acceptable, as long as they're not white.

Incidentally, I love the way you say 'we'. Does this mean you're planning on signing up to fight yourself? Or will you just stick to being yet another armchair general, cheering the slaughter on from the sidelines?

• Site Banned Posts: 14 beard_grower

Yeah, 'mistakes' which ultimately led to the rise of ISIS. Yeah, let's kill hundreds of thousands of civilians again. That definitely won't lead to more extremism. Mistakes happen... civilian casualties happen... It's all perfectly acceptable, as long as they're not white.

Incidentally, I love the way you say 'we'. Does this mean you're planning on signing up to fight yourself? Or will you just stick to being yet another armchair general, cheering the slaughter on from the sidelines?

do you think a dovish approach will work ?

do you think a dovish approach will work ?

Do you think an approach that has been proven to exacerbate the situation will work?

Do you think an approach that has been proven to exacerbate the situation will work?

no idea , what do you think might work ?

no idea , what do you think might work ?

No idea, but mass slaughter won't work.

No idea, but mass slaughter won't work.

i think they shouldnt be attacking syrian IS bases as it hasnt achieved anything to date

however , i think the refugee planned programme needs to be changed , the refugees should be diverted to places like turkey but the EU should financially contribute and yes i would be prepared to pay taxes towards such a temporary accomodation measure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

i think they shouldnt be attacking syrian IS bases as it hasnt achieved anything to date

It has, it has got IS to attack Paris.

• Advertisement

It has, it has got IS to attack Paris.

well we cant know that for sure as the charlie hebdoe attacks in january were about printing pics of the prophet so it appears that millitary action in syria isnt the sole cause of these terrorists attacks

well we cant know that for sure as the charlie hebdoe attacks in january were about printing pics of the prophet so it appears that millitary action in syria isnt the sole cause of these terrorists attacks

Nope but it certainly doesn't help. America and it's allies (France included) wanted to oust Assad from Syria and supplied money and weapons to various rebels including IS. To quote Malcom X "chickens coming home to roost". Now don't get me wrong Assad is a bastad but better than IS. It looks like Russia's involvement has exacerbated the situation. I don't know the answers but i do know that for every bomb dropped martyrs are created and revenge is on peoples minds. Easy pickings for recruiters and their twisted ideals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Nope but it certainly doesn't help. America and it's allies (France included) wanted to oust Assad from Syria and supplied money and weapons to various rebels including IS. To quote Malcom X "chickens coming home to roost". Now don't get me wrong Assad is a bastad but better than IS. It looks like Russia's involvement has exacerbated thee situation. I don't know the answers but i do know that for every bomb dropped martyrs are created and revenge is on peoples minds. Easy pickings for recruiters and their twisted ideals.

They have killed more Muslims than Christians.

They want to take over the world with their ideology like Nazi Germany.

Whether bombs are dropped or not they will continue.

Its a lot more complex than wanting to get back at Russia or France.

That's only a tip of their aims.

Did American bombs force isis to murder thousands of women and children in Syria and prostitute them?

Nope but it certainly doesn't help. America and it's allies (France included) wanted to oust Assad from Syria and supplied money and weapons to various rebels including IS. To quote Malcom X "chickens coming home to roost". Now don't get me wrong Assad is a bastad but better than IS. It looks like Russia's involvement has exacerbated the situation. I don't know the answers but i do know that for every bomb dropped martyrs are created and revenge is on peoples minds. Easy pickings for recruiters and their twisted ideals.

interfering in the mid east is not the sole motivation of IS , otherwise they would not talk about slaying infidels who frequent dens of vice etc , same with the charlie hebdoe killings

anyway , the genie is out of the bottle now , we cant just lie down and allow kids at concerts to be slain just because bush and blair causes mayhem in the mid east , whats done is done

the refugee planned programme should not go ahead now , it does not have public support , turkey is not at war and is a huge country , a massive fund needs to be put together to house these refugees outside europe for years if need be , this will take a generation to solve but we have enough on our plate with the muslim populations who already live in europe

self preservation has to count for something

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Did American bombs force isis to murder thousands of women and children in Syria and prostitute them?
    Worth aread.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tonight's show is on now. Tipperary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tonight's show is on now. Tipperary.

As usual, no show from the Govt. parties

coolhull wrote: »

Alan Kelly promised to show up but didn't...poor form.

coolhull wrote: »
    especially Alan Kelly.

I reckon Seamie Morris will do him a lot of damage around Nenagh

Good man Vinnie. Stick it to Lowry

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Good man Vinnie. Stick it to Lowry

That was hillarious. Not one of the 500 people would admit to voting for Lowry!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

where's Mickey Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Alan Kelly promised to show up but didn't...poor form.
    Why would he or lowry need to go on and be subjected to Brownes loaded questions? They are both a shoo in anyway.

Why would he or lowry need to go on and be subjected to Brownes loaded questions? They are both a shoo in anyway.

I know you're a Tipp man but I would be very very surprised if both get in again. Both could well (and should) lose their seats.
    Lowry for being corrupt and Kelly for being naive, arrogant and stupid.

It could be different this time.The vote will be diluted as the two constituencies are now amalgamated.

I know you're a Tipp man but I would be very very surprised if both get in again. Both could well (and should) lose their seats.
    Lowry for being corrupt and Kelly for being naive, arrogant and stupid.
    Back to the real world,its only a question of which of them tops the poll.

Rural crime is overstated in my opinion, I live in rural Ireland, and not living in fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rural crime is overstated in my opinion, I live in rural Ireland, and not living in fear.

Tell that to the 7 households that have been burgled in my area recently.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

RobertKK wrote: »

Ask Padraig Nally what he thinks or some of the victims, you want to look around and talk to some of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ask Padraig Nally what he thinks or some of the victims, you want to look around and talk to some of them.

The current narrative is of a current rural crime epidemic, the crimes against Nally happened years ago.

It was interesting hearing Michael Clifford, who's someone I wouldn't put in the urban gang, saying on Claire Byrne Live that the crime rate in urban areas is higher than that in rural areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

More fools the Tipp electorate then.

Corholio wrote: »
    More fools the Tipp electorate then.

The Tipp constituencies were always regarded as the national barometer for elections down through the years. You probably won't find an electorate more discerning or not prepared to take crap from politicians anywhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And yet they still return Michael Lowry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The Tipp constituencies were always regarded as the national barometer for elections down through the years. You probably won't find an electorate more discerning or not prepared to take crap from politicians anywhere else in the country.

lol... about as discerning as the village drunk that will do a jig for half a tin of Heineken
    The Tipp constituencies were always regarded as the national barometer for elections down through the years

And I don't think that's much to be gloating about either!

lol... about as discerning as the village drunk that will do a jig for half a tin of Heineken

Obviously your knowledge of irish politics doesn't extend beyond watching the Vincent Browne show. And if you think that I was gloating then your knowledge of the english language isn't a whole pile better.

That's what happens in a democratic election popey. Do you have a politician in mind yourself that you would like to impose on the electorate?

Not all of Tipperary. He was able to get enough votes from his own corner of the county, ie Thurles and Holycross. As one woman said last night it'll be different now that the whole county is one constituency.

The discerning voters of Dublin gave us Haughy and Ahern. The discerning voters of Mayo gave us P Flynn. I could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Alan Kelly will be fighting for the fifth seat and I predict he won't get it.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    Alan Kelly will be fighting for the fifth seat and I predict he won't get it.

Well you could predict that Ireland will win euro2016 as well but that won't happen either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement