Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

electoral boundary changes , especially in north tipp will affect lowry, a lot of this area is now in the offaly constituency, he will lose a lot of potential voters, I think Kelly will lose out,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Well you could predict that Ireland will win euro2016 as well but that won't happen either!

I don't know what part of Tipp you're from but I've relations in Nenagh and they are all Kelly men, were I should say. Word is he has no chance of getting the local vote. Why would the area of Tipp he's not from vote for him then?

I don't make silly predictions, saying Kelly will be in the top two after the first count is about as silly as suggesting Eire will win Euro2016 imo. The Labour party have never got close to topping a poll in Tipperary why would the most unpopular LP version in history buck that trend, or even get close?

Lowry
    Hayes
    Smith
    Healy
    Last seat is between Mattie, Coonan, Kelly, Cahill & Morris bringing up the rear. I'd call it for Mattie or Cahill [FF] at this juncture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

sligojoek wrote: »
    Not all of Tipperary. He was able to get enough votes from his own corner of the county, ie Thurles and Holycross. As one woman said last night it'll be different now that the whole county is one constituency.

That woman was talking pure bull****.Lowry will clean up in the whole of Tipp come election time.he has been working as much in south Tipp as north Tipp for yrs.he will come close to 20,000 votes when the count is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

golfball37 wrote: »
    I don't know what part of Tipp you're from but I've relations in Nenagh and they are all Kelly men, were I should say. Word is he has no chance of getting the local vote. Why would the area of Tipp he's not from vote for him then?

I don't make silly predictions, saying Kelly will be in the top two after the first count is about as silly as suggesting Eire will win Euro2016 imo. The Labour party have never got close to topping a poll in Tipperary why would the most unpopular LP version in history buck that trend, or even get close?

Lowry
    Hayes
    Smith
    Healy
    Last seat is between Mattie, Coonan, Kelly, Cahill & Morris bringing up the rear. I'd call it for Mattie or Cahill [FF] at this juncture

Tipp has always been good for labour. If you, or your relations in Nenagh, think Seamie Morris will finish ahead of him then ye are in dreamland.

Tipp has always been good for labour. If you, or your relations in Nenagh, think Seamie Morris will finish ahead of him then ye are in dreamland.

I think "Morris bringing up the rear" might assuage that canard you introduced there.

I'll hold u to Kelly coming in top two however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I’ve such a low expectation of politics in this country.
    It’s one thing after another and nothing ever changes.

It seems pointless listening or reading about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I’ve such a low expectation of politics in this country.
    It’s one thing after another and nothing ever changes.

It seems pointless listening or reading about it

That is the problem with this country you have people who will not vote and demand change. Wake up it is your vote that makes the change, get off your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

That show from Clonmel was dreadful rubbish. The two TDs were about hopeless - Healy definitely a few notches below Mattie. Both behaved like dyed-in-the-wool FF deputies. Localism ran riot.

Imagine us - in the rest of the country - having to listen to locals calling for more services locally;the vast bulk of the contributions were about having 24/7 mental health services within the county. Yet later they were saying the county should have two Local Authorities as it stretched for 120 miles north to south. Surely north Tipp would be nearer KIlkenny and south Tipp nearer Waterford. Of course this never occurred to Browne.

FF and FG and Labour are well away from these travesties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good loser wrote: »
    That show from Clonmel was dreadful rubbish. The two TDs were about hopeless - Healy definitely a few notches below Mattie. Both behaved like dyed-in-the-wool FF deputies. Localism ran riot.

Imagine us - in the rest of the country - having to listen to locals calling for more services locally;the vast bulk of the contributions were about having 24/7 mental health services within the county. Yet later they were saying the county should have two Local Authorities as it stretched for 120 miles north to south. Surely north Tipp would be nearer KIlkenny and south Tipp nearer Waterford. Of course this never occurred to Browne.

Didn't see the show but it would appear that at least two people, yourself and myself , have seen through the cant and rhetoric of these 'Independents' who want to create fiefdoms of their own and fork the rest of the country.

Like cockerels crowing on distant dung hills no better than local councilors and we want these gombeens to run the country:eek:

Gimme a break.

Good loser wrote: »

There was a full FF representation present, all three of their candidates. They have no sitting TD in Tipperary.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The current narrative is of a current rural crime epidemic, the crimes against Nally happened years ago.

It was interesting hearing Michael Clifford, who's someone I wouldn't put in the urban gang, saying on Claire Byrne Live that the crime rate in urban areas is higher than that in rural areas.

Mick Clifford might be interested in Keelan Shanley's report on SoR this morning about rural crime he might change his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think this new seating arrangement is a failure. There are people sitting in the back who have very little interest in the goings-on.
    And indeed who can blame them?

coolhull wrote: »
    I think this new seating arrangement is a failure

Watching the program tonight shows you how the backslapping of this corrupt kip survives.

Watching the program tonight shows you how the backslapping of this corrupt kip survives.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Michael Martin telling Enda what he thinks of him.
    Vinny seemingly having a show about Enda.

Michelle Mulherrin will set us straight on Inda

I bet Michelle is a bundle of laughs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Michael Martin telling Enda what he thinks of him.
    Vinny seemingly having a show about Enda.

Enda's failure to answer Dail questions is maddening. Have you seen what he does? He just waffles. It's wrong.

Could this be the first implosion on live TV in history

Enda's failure to answer Dail questions is maddening. Have you seen what he does? He just waffles. It's wrong.

Agree completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's true though, a lot of the questions asked are so long winded and unclear that they give him a reason not to answer the question. In fairness to Pearse Doherty he always seems to get to the point when asking a question and constantly follows up by asking the same concise question.

Leo sitting at home watching this with his head in his hands.

Or possibly grinning maniacally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is this the one with the phone calls to her fancy man in Africa?

BaZmO* wrote: »

Yes indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

She is not a happy camper.

They're cutting Joe Higgins’s bit apparently.
    The only good bit.

FINE Gael TD Michelle Mulherin has maintained that all 130 phone calls she made from her Leinster House phone to Kenya were "work-related" after it emerged she has made a second payment to the Oireachtas.

Lololol.
    Gwan Vinny

But it was ''constituency work'' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

shes also the one who doesn't agree/like "fornication"?

emo72 wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know how she used to pass the time with her African ''friend'' ;)

emo72 wrote: »

Imagine she is one of the very few FG TDs that can handle going on VB's show. It says a lot about the calibre of our govt TDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Imagine she is one of the very few FG TDs that can handle going on VB's show. It says a lot about the calibre of our govt TDs.

Says a lot about Browne, who in their right mind would go in against a tag team AND referee.

At least the Govt. people have a bit of sense, you are off the ball there Baggy, tried to hang another blow on the Govt. and failed -again!!

Do you do this for a living:D

Is it my TV, or is the vision/sound all fcuked up on VB tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Im from cork and love everything about the place but my god the cork accent doesn't come across well on tv.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Im from cork and love everything about the place but my god the cork accent doesn't come across well on tv.

You heard the term "stage Irish" like on RTE1 in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Welcome to the AAA AGM!

What's a twelve-year old doing up so late on a school-night?

coolhull wrote: »
    What's a twelve-year old doing up so late on a school-night?

I think the show is recorded!

Anyone notice the young man a couple of minutes ago behind Billy Kelleher when he was replying to the 12 year old?....fast asleep :D :pac:

• Advertisement

He's going to put both feet forward and jump in head first?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Farmers have no confidence in the IFA.

Lucy swayed by FG's poll results today maybe

RobertKK wrote: »
    Farmers have no confidence in the IFA.

Latest news tonight they have split like all things in this country, into the Continuity IFA and the Real IFA, leaders of both factions are going to be on VinB instead of MLOD to review the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Latest news tonight they have split like all things in this country, into the Continuity IFA and the Real IFA, leaders of both factions are going to be on VinB instead of MLOD to review the papers.

In your dreams Busted!

Vincent would never allow that!....:pac:

She's the poster girl after all!...:D

I think the ICSA and ICMSA will have increased membership.

btw for the first time I totally agreed with Paul Murphy's contribution on the matter.

Continuity IFA = Tim O'Leary, a car crash every time he appears on TV or radio.
    The Real IFA = Derek Deane, the man who was there to appoint Pat Smith.
    The reality = IFA need totally new blood, and everyone on the IFA executive to resign.
    That said, lots of farmers are abandoning the IFA.

There was I thinking Lucinda was pro-Isis. Jaysus.

That said, lots of farmers are abandoning the IFA.

I can't believe that farmers didn't really know the dept of this RKK??...

As they say, surely (don't call me Shirley :p), there must have been rumours of the pay doing the rounds?

It can hardly be that shocking news?

I can't believe that farmers didn't really know the dept of this RKK??...

As they say, surely (don't call me Shirley :p), there must have been rumours of the pay doing the rounds?

It can hardly be that shocking news?

No they didn't, look at my thread over on the farming section of boards.
    The farming Independent had a piece early in the year but no figure, then a few weeks ago, Agriland ran a story saying €400k a year, with Derek Deane forcing the issue.
    There is just disbelief, I had lost trust in the IFA after they argued for and got Simon Coveney to agree to keep the CAP payments similar to before when they were up for negotiation. The IFA argued those on high payments needed them, which was feck the rest, the previous IFA president was on €60k single farm payment which is many many times the average payment, so he was arguing to protect himself.
    I didn't vote in the last presidential election as I was unhappy over that, and voter turnout was down around 50% on the previous election.

There is a lot of anger and disbelief, and farmers are questioning what else have the people at the top done to benefit themselves. Representing themselves rather than the majority of farmers.
    Plus the farmers journal has been a joke too in all of this, one is the hand the other is the glove.

No they didn't, look at my thread over on the farming section of boards.

I'll do that so. :)

Representing themselves rather than the majority of farmers.

Are they not just "political" farmers though RKK??....I always had the impression they were??

Plus the farmers journal has been a joke too in all of this, one is the hand the other is the glove.

More politics I would have always thought?...

It wouldn't be a shock to me that they would have been well paid imo...There isn't a Board in this Country that isn't?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement