Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

There was I thinking Lucinda was pro-Isis. Jaysus.

Most help lines are closed at ten can you fone a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It wouldn't be a shock to me that they would have been well paid imo...There isn't a Board in this Country that isn't?

We had John Bryan on local radio on Wednesday, he said he didn't know you got paid as president, in fact in the interview he gave there was a lot of things he said he didn't know, and if he did know he said he was not qualified to make a judgement.
    All he did know according to him was - he took a €10k pay rise to his salary during the recession which brought it to €125k.
    He referred to the €40k the IFA gets for being a director at FBD and the €11,970 for being a director at bord bia as 'bits and bobs'.

All these people do is insult ordinary farmers by making out they are Manuel from Fawlty Towers and their 'I know nothing' routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Look back on these self entitlement outfits with their senior Exec's creaming off the top REHAB,CRC, they are all well known names, and will never be brought to book. Banks, Politicians, Priests, Bankers, Judges, Senior Gardaí, this state was born on corruption and not on the ideals of the men of 1916, it was the wealthy that took over for their personal gain.
    According to last poll the corrupt are still at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

RobertKK wrote: »
    We had John Bryan on local radio on Wednesday, he said he didn't know you got paid as president, in fact in the interview he gave there was a lot of things he said he didn't know, and if he did know he said he was not qualified to make a judgement.
    All he did know according to him was - he took a €10k pay rise to his salary during the recession which brought it to €125k.
    He referred to the €40k the IFA gets for being a director at FBD and the €11,970 for being a director at bord bia as 'bits and bobs'.

All these people do is insult ordinary farmers by making out they are Manuel from Fawlty Towers and their 'I know nothing' routine.

Unfortunately that defence is rife in this country, Quinn's,Bankers, Gorse Hill et al.

We need to get a lot more demanding of these people seeing the impact their transactions have on this country.

Time to take the gloves off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

Look back on these self entitlement outfits with their senior Exec's creaming off the top REHAB,CRC, they are all well known names, and will never be brought to book. Banks, Politicians, Priests, Bankers, Judges, Senior Gardaí, this state was born on corruption and not on the ideals of the men of 1916, it was the wealthy that took over for their personal gain.

Wouldn't agree.

Corruption/human nature are two sides of the same coin. Corruption is evenly spread throughout society. The difference between top and bottom is only a difference in opportunities and scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I heard that interview. It was unbelievable! We were expected to believe that
    a guy who was meant to fight for the rights of thousands of farmers seemed
    so witless as to what his own entitlements were.
    'Cute hoor' came to mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

No wonder David Drumm wants to come back to Ireland! Bet he is sorry he
    jumped ship, especially as he sees that all his fellow shysters are still walking free. :mad:
    If he had remained in Ireland I doubt he would have yet seen the inside of a jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Vincent's in Daablin tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Eamon says that Demsey and Ahern "should ave been better informed" when they denied knowledge of the bailout. Has he not considered the possibility that the two guys were lying through their teeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Regina looks not too bad without her glasses, though she is a bit like a deer caught in the headlights

coolhull wrote: »
    Regina looks not too bad without her glasses, though she is a bit like a deer caught in the headlights

The Botox expression?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Don’t like commenting on appearances but Regina has such a piercing look. Her eyes go right through you.

More importantly she talks ****e though.

Soooo.......we didn't have mental health problems before the Celtic Tiger?

Is Roisin shacking up with Stephen Donnelly and Catherine Murphy. Social Democrats is it?

Oh Jesus Christ, Eamon Ryan. Why God? Why?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Regina has such a piercing look. Her eyes go right through you.

She must be able to hypnotise the voters, because I can see no other reason why anyone would vote for her
    ''Look into the eyes, look into the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into the eyes''

• Advertisement

FG would have done exactly what FF did. Probably worse.

I wouldn't imagine that any of the speakers on the platform "suffered" all that much during the recession?

Just turned it on and yes, Regina's eyes...

I’m shocked that FG are around 30% in the polls still.
    The 1% cut in USC is obviously going to buy the electorate again.

Forget about the state of the health service and the almost weekly scandals.
    Here have a 1% cut in USC and everything will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So you want to jack up taxes by 10% to improve the Health Service eh?

• Advertisement

The reason that FG are 30% in the polls is because of the rag-bag of the alternatives that are on offer.

Reports that the economy will have a growth rate this year around 10%, with soaring tax revenues, so no surprise they are rising.

So you want to jack up taxes by 10% to improve the Health Service eh?

No definitely not.
    I’m one of the chumps paying half my wages in tax.
    But I won’t be voting for FG just because they wave a few quid in my face.

There are endless other reasons not to vote for them.

Poor Regina, Vincent really trying to make her look stupid.

Vincent is stupid, a majority will not trust the Oireachtas with abortion law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fine Gaelers are so deluded that it is clear that they actually believe the utter shiete coming out of their mouths fed by their spindoctors. They are worse than Fianna Fail ever where!

Thats a fine colour Eamonn Ryan has in his hair, 96A chocolate brown by the looks of it. Must be an election coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Poor Regina, Vincent really trying to make her look stupid.
    He was 'trying'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The Botox expression?

How do you know so much about Botox Roger?...:D:D:D

coolhull wrote: »
    She must be able to hypnotise the voters, because I can see no other reason why anyone would vote for her
    ''Look into the eyes, look into the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into the eyes''

:D:D:D

I'd say you're a dab hand with the "look into my eyes" coolhull!..:p

Typical, I'm here.....no Vincent....

It's always a bit of a forced effort with himself...

The fact is homelessness has gone off the rails.

I've been in Dublin this last six months, it's just awful looking at people sleeping rough....

• Advertisement

It's a shame for the family of Jonathan, maybe his unfortunate death will do some good...

Wait, I understood FG got rid of homelessness this day last year after Enda took to the street with a sleeping bag and a sad face.

Wait, I understood FG got rid of homelessness this day last year after Enda took to the street with a sleeping bag and a sad face.

He has got away with a lot with the "sad face" t e!!...:rolleyes:

Well said Stephen Donnelly

FG stooge dying.

We're ten minutes out of a "recession" and I am looking at mental overpriced houses?

We have learned nothing.

Building regulations on a new build and renovations are ridiculous, Banks still are a nightmare to deal with.

How on earth are you expected to house homeless?

Collette's great.

Kettle calling pot black...

I hate the politics leading up to an election...

• Advertisement

Enda at the Climate Conference is about as useful as a chocolate teapot....

I wouldn't mind a wind turbine on my farm but they are banned under the local development plan due being too close to Kilkenny.

FG said 45.000 dairy farmers...there are around 18,000.

I wouldn't mind a wind turbine

I could rule the world with a wind turbine in the West RKK!!...;)

The woman reviewing the papers saying the state would use the money better than the Zuckerberg foundation...

The state is great at wasting money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The woman reviewing the papers saying the state would use the money better than the Zuckerberg foundation...

The state is great at wasting money.

The state is great at not having enough money... because it effectively allows those with the most to pick and choose how much, or how little, tax they'd like to pay.

I feel like I'm on a Merry-go-Round tonight.

Either that or I'm getting old.

Could it be true?....

Btw....

Where are are all the immigrants going to live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

what is the name of the stand in presenter?

Mick Clifford

Mick Clifford

I couldn't remember his name for the life of me t e.......

He's not exactly Vincent is he?....

What are they singing in those Eir ads.
    Aagh.

I've a pain in the you know what now with that song for Eircom....

Snap t e......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement