Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Well as I say, I find the programs and people's debates repetitive.

Vincent asks the same questions over and over and the politicians answer the same way over and over.

Vincent - "Isn't it the case your party did this and that."

Politician - "I don't accept that Vincent..."

Same questions, same answers, repeated ad nausium. Vincent was good for the first few years on TV3 but its old hat at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was delighted when Vinnie called out that spoofer in the audience to explain where he got his facts from, "huh, I googled it"" was the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I just can't watch Vincent anymore. He's become too repetitive, repeating the same sorts of questions and haranguing over and over.

Every question begins with "Isn't it the case that your party..."

He has reduced politics to a shouting match and is always looking for the "gotcha" moment.

The audience at the people's debates are usually dominated by left wing loonies shouting about water tax and bankers.

No, that's not fair, he chastises both sides of the debate in fairness to him.Its no good been soft on them like RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

jimmyw wrote: »
    No, that's not fair, he chastises both sides of the debate in fairness to him.Its no good been soft on them like RTE.

No he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lucinda doing a good job tonight.

Vinny said he won't be on for a while due to health I think he said it was but will be for debates.

I wonder if some of this is down to the MLOD debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

RobertKK wrote: »
    Lucinda doing a good job tonight.

Vinny said he won't be on for a while due to health I think he said it was but will be for debates.

I wonder if some of this is down to the MLOD debacle.

Did he catch something from MLOD?.......:eek:

I think that Lucinda and Richard are cosying up to each other?...........maybe a sign of future coalition partners?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Did he catch something from MLOD?.......:eek:

Apart from a stare that showed pure anger towards Vincent after he accused her of doing nothing for 30 years, after MLOD had said education is classless. Vincent disagreed and really insulted MLOD, she hasn't been on since.

I think Vincent was finished after that, MLOD said to him she was raging with him. That was January 7th.

https://twitter.com/rasharkin1/status/685248027959902208

I think that Lucinda and Richard are cosying up to each other?...........maybe a sign of future coalition partners?

She tore into him as well. I agree at times she did cosy up, but I think it was if she saw common ground she was happy to agree, if not she was happy to go rottweiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Regina seems very nervous tonight. Not her usual cocky self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Since Regina found her glasses again, she looks a bit less nervous. Last time she was on she didn't wear her specs, and she looked like a mouse caught in the steely gaze of a tomcat.

coolhull wrote: »
    Since Regina found her glasses again, she looks a bit less nervous. Last time she was on she didn't wear her specs, and she looked like a mouse caught in the steely gaze of a tomcat.

Ah, but the tomcat,(called Vinny), is not there tonight!

RBB talking rubbish. Cigarettes are legal and a large element of organised crime involved in that.
    Same with diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Caught this tonight for the first time in ages...Vincent tough on all the panel in cork (north?) Central debate. It was gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The people of Cork are tearing all their politicians apart. It's great to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

What way is that gob****e holding the microphone.

The people of Cork are tearing all their politicians apart. It's great to see!

Except most of them are lefties who believed we would have received money from the Troika with no austerity.

The Greeks showed how wrong these people were.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    What way is that gob****e holding the microphone.

I think he is blind.

I think he is blind.

Oops.

• Advertisement

I think he is blind.

Yeah, he was a good speaker but I disagree with what he had to say.

Micheal Martin is right about the 8th amendment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What did the wan say about the pill?

FG person in audience telling lies. It was due to Greece getting their interest rate reduced to try and make their bailout work, that Ireland got lower interest rates.

Jaysus the audience didn't like the Fine Gael fella being cut off.

Two shades of grey.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »

She was against having a referendum to repeal the 8th amendment - I might be wrong but I think she was suggesting that raped women could take the morning after pill.

YFlyer wrote: »

I think she was suggesting that rapists should use contraceptives,:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

RobertKK wrote: »
    Micheal Martin is right about the 8th amendment.

What did he say? I missed it.

That old age pensioner must have lived a charmed life, she didn't look it.

glued wrote: »
    What did he say? I missed it.

He was saying you couldn't just repeal the 8th and have nothing there to replace it with. Vincent wanted to argue over that, the FG TDs basically agreed with Micheal Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coveney should never speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Has Vincent done Dublin West or Mayo yet? Still to come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

That is indeed what she was saying...

Haven't seen the programme in ages. Tonight's recap of shows was shocking.

She was against having a referendum to repeal the 8th amendment - I might be wrong but I think she was suggesting that raped women could take the morning after pill.

Thanks Baggy Trousers.

That's mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Or maybe the rapist could put on a condom the next morning. Would that help? :(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Pat Kenny is back to do a debate on TV3, why not Vinny is Enda still too scared of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Anyone watching.
    Missed the debate tonight. Was it worth watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Never liked that Noel Whelan guy. He should not be considered an objective journalist after he lobbied for the gay marriage referendum last year, and of course he ran for FF before (though he doesnt like when this is mentioned). Given that he's a failed politician himself, I have no idea why he speaks with such a condescending tone, and this air of authority about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just turned on the Peoples Debate to hear a fella saying God is in charge of the country.

I thought it was Enda Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just turned on the Peoples Debate to hear a fella saying God is in charge of the country.

He just thinks he's God :pac:

Strangely enough I think that fella was right.
    The Catholic Church virtually ran the country for years. It didn't work out well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

why is there so many breaks on the peoples debates with Vincent browne

Burton and Vradkar looking like no shows in the debate. No denying they've been no shows in government.

Decisions are made by those who turn up and hopefully the voters will value those candidates who have turned up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Girl 01 Analog

Speaks volumes that the Tanaiste and Minister for Health won't even address their own constituency.

They are a total disgrace to themselves, their parties and their constituents.

If I were Coppinger and Chambers, I'd keep asking Vincent what time they're arriving at and pointing to my watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Looks like Catherine Noone has been sent on as the sacrificial lamb tonight to protect Leo's vote.

mojesius wrote: »
    Looks like Catherine Noone has been sent on as the sacrificial lamb tonight to protect Leo's vote.
    She's utterly unelectable. She makes the loony independents you see in previous debates look determined and credible. She's basically sitting there in a beautiful dress attempting to look beautiful. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mojesius wrote: »

They led her like a lamb to the slaughter by leaving her out there on her own.
    I actually feel sorry for her having to field all those questions on her own.
    It doesn't say much for the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

They led her like a lamb to the slaughter by leaving her out there on her own.
    I actually feel sorry for her having to field all those questions on her own.
    It doesn't say much for the party.

Is she the only representative of the goverment in the panel?

The same number as the Green Party?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement