Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They led her like a lamb to the slaughter by leaving her out there on her own.
    I actually feel sorry for her having to field all those questions on her own.
    It doesn't say much for the party.

Leo was too busy stumbling and getting shown up by Michael McGrath on Prime Time it seems... no idea where Joan is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Leo was too busy stumbling and getting shown up by Michael McGrath on Prime Time it seems... no idea where Joan is.

Missed it.
    The Govt parties are doing very poorly on TV these days.
    I can see at least one other election taking place in 2016.
    Nobody getting control this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Get her off Vinny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Canadel wrote:
    She's utterly unelectable. She makes the loony independents you see in previous debates look determined and credible. She's basically sitting there in a beautiful dress attempting to look beautiful. Pathetic.

How does someone attempt to look beautiful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Great telly there.
    FG head being rightly skewered here on the housing mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Vinny off on one with his phantom poverty facts again!

#Anyone see any sign of a recovery in their areas, especially outside Dublin?
    I certainly do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Missed it.
    The Govt parties are doing very poorly on TV these days.
    I can see at least one other election taking place in 2016.
    Nobody getting control this time

If Kenny and Mickey Martin get together, they'll go the distance. But we have to ask will that improve things?

technocrat wrote: »
    Vinny off on one with his phantom poverty facts again!

Vinny is a total and utter fake.
    He'd argue both sides of any argument.
    It makes his show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Vincent, most of the rest of the EU have the Euro too,are they run by FG and Labour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Vinny is a total and utter fake.
    He'd argue both sides of any argument.
    It makes his show.

Is that not the point of a host?

No we don't need to just raise the rent allowance... we need more (decently-sized) apartments and housing and a shift away from this obsession with owning property towards making long-term rental a realistic viable option for people to make homes to raise their families.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that not the point of a host?

No it's not.
    Vinny shows the faux outrage on an issue tonight and argues the other side tomorrow night. Whatever way the wind is blowing he goes with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Lol 40% of Dublin west are homeless :p
    WtF like
    If ever there was evidence of the loons Vinnie attracts to his show,theres one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

#Anyone see any sign of a recovery in their areas, especially outside Dublin?
    I certainly do not.

I am from a very rural area in the west of Ireland.

Yes, I know many people who worked on building sites & driving trucks etc. during the boom. They lost their jobs when the recession hit. They are all now back in similar jobs again. To me, that is a sign of recovery.

The problem is that some people think recovery is getting back to the craziness of the early 00's where houses were being built all over the place, farmers were selling half acre sites in the middle of nowhere for 70, 80k. Recovery should not mean returning to that. Recovery should mean people being able to find a job and being able to live within their means.

Lol 40% of Dublin west are homeless :p
    WtF like
    If ever there was evidence of the loons Vinnie attracts to his show,theres one
    You mean the woman made a mistake in her figures? Oh my God, take her outside and shoot her. Immediately :confused:

No it's not.
    Vinny shows the faux outrage on an issue tonight and argues the other side tomorrow night. Whatever way the wind is blowing he goes with it.

Of course it's the point. He's there to challenge the points put forward by his guests, otherwise it'd be a party political broadcast for who ever has the mic.

He's certainly left leaning with his views but he's given the likes of Joe Higgins a roasting plenty of times.

I am from a very rural area in the west of Ireland.

Yes, I know many people who worked on building sites & driving trucks etc. during the boom. They lost their jobs when the recession hit. They are all now back in similar jobs again. To me, that is a sign of recovery.

The problem is that some people think recovery is getting back to the craziness of the early 00's where houses were being built all over the place, farmers were selling half acre sites in the middle of nowhere for 70, 80k. Recovery should not mean returning to that. Recovery should mean people being able to find a job and being able to live within their means.

I know what recovery means.
    No sign of many jobs around where I live.
    One place opens and offers 50 jobs, another place closes and loses 50.

Of course it's the point. He's there to challenge the points put forward by his guests, otherwise it'd be a party political broadcast for who ever has the mic.

He's certainly left leaning with his views but he's given the likes of Joe Higgins a roasting plenty of times.

Sorry but i find him a total fake.
    I enjoy the craic though but he's a poor host.

This FF lad should have stayed home tonight.. he just keeps getting himself into trouble.

• Advertisement

Sorry but i find him a total fake.
    I enjoy the craic though but he's a poor host.
    No need to be sorry, you're entitled to your opinion.

Either way though, it is indeed great craic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Christ listening to this wiffle from pro-choicers is so enraging. Can't imagine how I'd feel if I'd ever actually had to go through an abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

This FF lad should have stayed home tonight.. he just keeps getting himself into trouble.

Very much let himself down on the pro-life question. Whatever about his personal views, his dismissal of accepting a referendum on the issue did not come across well. He would have been better served by explaining why he didn't want a referendum but if there was one, he would campaign for not repealing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who was that last lad, hilarious

How does that second-last guy know what God calls his unborn children?

coolhull wrote: »

Because it says so in the bible.........probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ruth cracked a smile, must be a 1st.

How could anyone afford a mortgage in Dublin with the prices of houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I wonder if he's related to this man...

Probably his brother. [Mod snip]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Vincent is kicking ass tonight. He doesn't let anyone spoof.

It's actually funny now how all these FG'ers are coming out of the audience at this stage when they were nowhere to be seen (except for Catherine) earlier in the show. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What the hell was Coppinger raving about saying the candidates wouldn't represent what the people want, she sounds like someone who might be worried that she won't get in as handy as she thought she would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

No we don't need to just raise the rent allowance... we need more (decently-sized) apartments and housing and a shift away from this obsession with owning property towards making long-term rental a realistic viable option for people to make homes to raise their families.
    I don't think it's unique or strange, let alone an obsession, for a family to want to own their own home. Not two homes, or three homes, or both a home here and a villa abroad, but simply their own single home. In fact I would say it is perfectly normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What the hell was Coppinger raving about saying the candidates wouldn't represent what the people want, she sounds like someone who might be worried that she won't get in as handy as she thought she would.

I doubt she is worried, has all eventualities boxed off, back to the well paid teaching job if she fails to get in.

From where she will continue to spout her trotter rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'll say one thing for Ruth she seems to be fairly handy at the needlework.
    She always seems to be able to rusle up a nice dress or top from any leftover curtain material that she has in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

He may be left leaning but he can be very selective in his opinions.
    I admire the way he highlights the discrimination that travellers suffer but I have never heard him highlight the widespread crime that travellers are involved in . Likewise last night he was repeatedly mentioning to the FG TD the fact that Governments don't create jobs yet he did'nt concede that governments don't lose jobs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Vincent is kicking ass tonight. He doesn't let anyone spoof.

Yeah, the 2nd question asked, i can't remember his name, but Vincent said is the only reason you joined the Dail, is that they have a great Gym there :P
    Pity Leo & Burton didn't turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Well, that started with a stutter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

A special round of applause for Michelle Mulherin. Especially since Enda Kenny's recent remarks probably lost her her seat.

Hahaha....

Enda dropped the ball there.....

Whingers? Nahhhhhh....

• Advertisement

A special round of applause for Michelle Mulherin. Especially since Enda Kenny's recent remarks probably lost her her seat.

Ah, have a bit of pity. Maybe she's lonely. Her 'friend' lives so far away....;)

"First I'd say they are not whingers".

Honestly what benefit is that to the people of Mayo, what does that comment bring to the locality. Typical Sinn Fein populist b*ll*x. I had that Reada Sinn Fein for North Kildare wan at the door the other day and I ran her. And now the FF wan with the same nonsense, although in a much prettier way.

Ah, have a bit of pity. Maybe she's lonely. Her 'friend' lives so far away....;)

Sure can't she ring him??....:D

And of course Dara Calleary there to represent FF (and the muppets)

muppets-sam-the-eagle-1982-590x350.jpg

Honestly what benefit is that to the people of Mayo, what does that comment bring to the locality. Typical Sinn Fein populist b*ll*x. I had that Reada Sinn Fein for North Kildare wan at the door the other day and I ran her. And now the FF wan with the same nonsense, although in a much prettier way.

Sexist bonnabh.....:P

I bet she's a protestant as well. :pac:

Sure of course the opposition is going to exploit An Taoiseachs latest Fúck up. A level of idiocy and political suicide like this deserves to be punished. Id ask serious questions of the Mayo electorate if they return this spoofer and clown after this

And you think its just 'the Shinners' that are engaging in this? How many times have we heard the term 'Recovery' in particular the last week. The word has completely lost its meaning. Rural Ireland has seen services either under threat or worse, diminished completely. And also there is always the usual Terrorist búll**** remarks.

Michelle's passionate it's clear to see....

The underlying issue is that it's the fault of people living older.....

"I'm gonna deal with the first question first."

No arguing with that logic.

I don't want to brag but I met Marty last night............

Yes. It's true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement