Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Bird brain referred to the people of Castlebar as All Ireland champions in Whingeing. When given the opportunity to retract later he wouldnt withdraw the remark and had to make an embarrassing climb down today when sobriety probably kicked in. Showing off to his fellow blueshirts who are no doubt sharpening the knifes now waiting the opportunity to dump him out on his arse. He wasnt much good in the debate last week but when he can go off on a rant uninterrupted, the results are usually a woeful train wreck.....do we really want five more years of this bozo meeting the Europeans with his trousers down bent over?
    Damn you, now I cant get that image out of my head :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ffs climate change...the Greens would see nothing wrong with us all going around on bicycles while the rest of the earth drives V8's.

Don't forget the tax on pre 07 cars AD........;)

Hitchens wrote: »

Mayoman of the Year entrant :p

One visit to the caves on the mainland surely doesnt make you a Mayo man? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

coolhull wrote: »
    Damn you, now I cant get that image out of my head :o

It's alright Edna probably thinks he's at the proctologist finding new ways to be full of s.....

duridian wrote: »
    It's alright Edna probably thinks he's at the proctologist finding new ways to be full of s.....

Ahh stop...........:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,862 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And the encouragement to push people from 2008 onwards towards diesels which as all diesel cars are exempt from any actual measurement of emissions during the NCT test, the mind boggles that they brought this upon us unless their aim was to wipe out humans and let animals roam the lands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah the Greens.. fighting LAB for the accolade of trying to be relevant to a disinterested electorate.

And the encouragement to push people from 2008 onwards towards diesels which as all diesel cars are exempt from any actual measurement of emissions during the NCT, test the mind boggles that they brought this upon us.

Utter and sheer robbery and not a word about it.

The greens are full of manure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Lisa is good

It's true.

Lose the Dr, the Post, the Gaurds - it sucks the life of a town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's no chance I'll be forgetting it for at least another year.

That Doctor Jerry Crowley seems sensible

So what the hell is he doing there?

I've paid more tax on my 12 year old car (1.6 Focus) in the last two years than the car is worth :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

And the encouragement to push people from 2008 onwards towards diesels which as all diesel cars are exempt from any actual measurement of emissions during the NCT test, the mind boggles that they brought this upon us unless their aim was to wipe out humans and let animals roam the lands.

Nothing to do with saving the trees - everything to do with trying to sell cars for the lobbyists in our "motor industry"

They instantly created a system where those who can't/couldn't afford a newer "friendlier" car paid twice - in ridiculous tax rates and resale values.

Me I don't care, I love my big 05 3L TDI Audi A6 .. despite the tax bill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Vincent asleep on the job.

The pension levy was a tax on money that was already taxed, it was robbery.

I've paid more tax on my 12 year old car (1.6 Focus) in the last two years than the car is worth :-(

Here's your buddy duridian.........

Best thing is I was told this month Insurance companies aren't taking quotes on cars ten years old??....

What a wonderful country to let the Insurance company's run it!

They won over the floods, they get away with murder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

And of course Dara Calleary there to represent FF (and the muppets)

Anytime I see Dara Calleary I always think of this guy and look to see if Dara has strings coming from his arms

tve5088-24-343.jpg
    Hitchens wrote: »
    didn't Ming go fierce quiet since he went to Brussels? who is minding the bogs now? :)

Brussels:confused: I'd say he has yet to leave Amsterdam !

My car will be 22 years old this year.

It passes its NCT no bother, can't beat a Toyota. The insurance is more than the car, but I could trade it in and get several thousand towards a new car, which I might do later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

If Enda is in a proctology exam, how does he talk to the doctor ? Surely it'd be muffled ?

Here's your buddy duridian.........

Best thing is I was told this month Insurance companies aren't taking quotes on cars ten years old??....

What a wonderful country to let the Insurance company's run it!

They won over the floods, they get away with murder!

After banks the insurance industry is probably the next most powerful lobby. Government are completely their cronies and bought of by them.

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nothing to do with saving the trees - everything to do with trying to sell cars for the lobbyists in our "motor industry"

They instantly created a system where those who can't/couldn't afford a newer "friendlier" car paid twice - in ridiculous tax rates and resale values.

Me I don't care, I love my big 05 3L TDI Audi A6 .. despite the tax bill :D
    I've been looking after a taxed and insured 2'0 A4 estate since November. It's owner is back in two weeks. Not looking forward to re-taxing my old 1.6 banger.

After banks the insurance industry is probably the next most powerful lobby. Government are completely their cronies and bought of by them.

We should start a choir and sing off the same hymn sheet duridian! :D

Couple of choir boys! :P

Well, I like the Grecian 10,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RobertKK wrote: »

It passes its NCT no bother, can't beat a Toyota. The insurance is more than the car, but I could trade it in and get several thousand towards a new car, which I might do later this year.

How many miles have you done in it? Is it still on the orgional engine & gear box? Some of those 1990s Corallas and Carinas can go for ever it seems. They're probably the only brand of car you see that age that isn't someones Sunday drive

The FG one is silly - she blames FF for closing Templemore, then says FG kept it closed due to no money.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How many miles have you done in it? Is it still on the orgional engine & gear box? Some of those 1990s Corallas and Carinas can go for ever it seems. They're probably the only brand of car you see that age that isn't someones Sunday drive

Same engine and gearbox, had to get a new radiator was all.

Vincent asleep on the job.

The pension levy was a tax on money that was already taxed, it was robbery.

As soon as he said he was with eircom he lost me - 35 years paying €25 a month for a phone line that they've refused point-blank to upgrade to decent broadband for the last 7 years.

I like the Dr.

I've seen a few Toyotas from that era go around the clock 3 times and still kept coming in regularly for a service. If you mind them, service regularly and look after any issues before they worsen they are pretty unstoppable. Only thing that can stop them is some bureaucracy deciding they are to old to insure or some such nonsense.

• Advertisement

As soon as he said he was with eircom he lost me - 35 years paying €25 a month for a phone line that they've refused point-blank to upgrade to decent broadband for the last 7 years.

No such thing as Broadband in the West.

Ironic the first ad is for it after the break.

Mickey mouse service.

Broke my heart trying to work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The FG one is silly - she blames FF for closing Templemore, then says FG kept it closed due to no money.

its gas really, they had no money for the last five years and lo and behold just found €4Bn in the last couple of weeks to give away.

I've seen a few Toyotas from that era go around the clock 3 times and still kept coming in regularly for a service. If you mind them, service regularly and look after any issues they are pretty unstoppable. Only thing that can stop them is some bureaucracy deciding they are to old to insure or some such nonsense.

Yeah, insurance went way up last year, shopped around and got a lower rate but still on the high side.
    There are only a few companies that insure old cars.

its gas really, they had no money for the last five years and lo and behold just found €4Bn in the last couple of weeks to give away.

Then there will be a global turn down and no money again.

OH GOD, NO

Ah, another love-in with Marie-Louise.....

Vincent is saying a load of good-byes?

Is this the end?...

• Advertisement

Remember that €3billion they didn't know they had, that Noonan and co. "found" back around 2012, which subsequently mysteriously just disappeared and was never again mentioned?

Here's George Hook with a fanny talking :rolleyes:

I won't be sorry to see the end of MLOD....

MLOD still angry at Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Then there will be a global turn down and no money again.

That's planned for the week after the election.

• Advertisement

Mad as a box of frogs........

Please let a piano fall thru the roof and land on MLOD..... pretty please????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I can see the map. He should have let him talk about it, he probably spent all day colouring it in.

Please let a piano fall thru the roof and land on MLOD..... pretty please????

A piano??....

:D:D:D

What would the choir boys sing alongside to? :pac::pac::pac:

Vincent really drove MLOD over the edge when he said she did nothing for 30 years, all those weeks ago.

I've seen a few Toyotas from that era go around the clock 3 times and still kept coming in regularly for a service. If you mind them, service regularly and look after any issues before they worsen they are pretty unstoppable. Only thing that can stop them is some bureaucracy deciding they are to old to insure or some such nonsense.

I can't understand how that isn't totally and utterly I llegal.

If my '03 and someone else's '98 and someone else's '15 all pass the NCT then they are all equally roadworthy - that's the point of the feckin' thing!

They should also be cheaper to insure since no-one is going to rob a 13-year-old hatchback.

MLOD still angry at Vincent.
    Works both ways by the looks of things. He cut her off again fairly lively.

Maddest debate ever.

God help us.

Especially the whingers in Mayo...

Best of luck on Friday for all your special intentions lads - as the Mammy would say!! Lol!!

I can't understand how that isn't totally and utterly I llegal.

If my '03 and someone else's '98 and someone else's '15 all pass the NCT then they are all equally roadworthy - that's the point of the feckin' thing!

They should also be cheaper to insure since no-one is going to rob a 13-year-old hatchback.

Ah, that's where another powerful lobby, the Irish motor industry comes in with their money. Of course they are tossing in a sprat to catch a salmon.

Goodnight folks!

I'm probably alone in thinking Vincent is right to apologise to ML O'D. What he said originally was un-called for. I think Mary L is an awful
    eejit, but she's our awful eejit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement