Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

McBain11 wrote: »
    I would pay to see Enda Kenny and Michael Noonan go on that show. They aren't the brightest bulbs on the planet, but they are well aware that they would be ripped apart by VB so that will never happen.

I can't remember when I saw Michael Martin on this show, I wonder why, maybe he is just another politician who does not want to expose himself to gratuitous insults.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vinnie...often outnumbered never outgunned, feckin hell he's brave talking like that in front of all the strikers.

Vinnie...often outnumbered never outgunned, feckin hell he's brave talking like that in front of all the strikers.

Did he ask the union boss guy there how much he was on or something ??? I tuned in late :D

M

Did he ask the union boss guy there how much he was on or something ??? I tuned in late :D

Not yet but he did ask the drivers why they feel they are entitled to more salary when they are already on more than most of the people they are carrying in their bus. Figure mentioned of €40k salary now and rise would bring them to circa €50k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I recognise one or two of the drivers. They're putting their case across very well.

Not yet but he did ask the drivers why they feel they are entitled to more salary when they are already on more than most of the people they are carrying in their bus. Figure mentioned of €40k salary now and rise would bring them to circa €50k.

I moved from dublin a few years ago , but rode the bus for years and them guys put up with some sh!t regardless of the route but 50k???????? gtfo. They give them what they want the fares go up and average min wage joe pays for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They give them what they want the fares go up and average min wage joe pays for it.

The fares have gone up every year regardless, and the staff haven't received a rise in over eight years.

M

13 hour working day is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

When Patricia Callan is on the show I feel I'm at a HR meeting at work.

I had to laugh at all the poor city slickers who couldn't get to work today, most people outside of the major cities in this country have no access to a regular or reliable bus service at anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Did someone spike John McGuirks drink? Talking about the social good.

Does Vinny really need free travel? Maybe there is a case for means testing the old free travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

MrsD007 wrote: »

Could be worse though.

When the 'Independent' senator Marie-Louise Kenny O'Donnell is on, I feel like I'm at a FG Ard Fheis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just listening to the discussion tonight and wondering why these 'hurlers on the ditch' who seem to have all the answers to the nations problems, never put their names on a ballot paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Just listening to the discussion tonight and wondering why these 'hurlers on the ditch' who seem to have all the answers to the nations problems, never put their names on a ballot paper?

One of the great mysteries of our time Roger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

MrsD007 wrote: »

I have to say she was/still is? one of my unusual crushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ruth being berated by a "senator"

I have to say she was/still is? one of my unusual crushes.

Give her a tip of hot liver meself, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I see Vinny has his favourite lefties on the panel. I presume the FG guy was just invited on to be on the receiving end of the usual Trotskyist rants.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I see Vinny has his favourite lefties on the panel. I presume the FG guy was just invited on to be on the receiving end of the usual Trotskyist rants.

Guess so, that's the normal modus operandi of Browne even going back to his radio days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I watched this show tonight for the first time, I just don't know what to say. What is that exceptionally bitter red haired woman. I mean what is it? I know not much about Irish pundits but is this some kind of joke?

I mean , there is no way this person could ever be happy about anything. Except that she's not happy. Is this a joke , seriously?

As I was typing, Vincent said her name was Clair? Anyone have any further info ?

EDIT: Now there is some woman that looks like Maureen Potter wearing a shawl that is saying that Trump is highly entertaining. Have I just , am I dreaming? Someone pinch me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I didn't watch it but I'm guessing it was Claire Daly TD and Senator Marie Louise O' Donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

learn_more wrote: »
    I watched this show tonight for the first time, I just don't know what to say. What is that exceptionally bitter red haired woman. I mean what is it? I know not much about Irish pundits but is this some kind of joke?

I mean , there is no way this person could ever be happy about anything. Except that she's not happy. Is this a joke , seriously?

As I was typing, Vincent said her name was Clair? Anyone have any further info ?

EDIT: Now there is some woman that looks like Maureen Potter wearing a shawl that is saying that Trump is highly entertaining. Have I just , am I dreaming? Someone pinch me.

Boy, you really keep up to speed on your politics, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

learn_more wrote: »

I am guessing that you do know who Claire Daily is and are just letting on that you do not know her? I don't think it is fair to say that she is bitter, she is just pi55ed off at the state of affairs politically in this country and who would blame her, I certainly would not.

The other lady in the shawl, Marie-Louise O Donnell, a senator, is a regular on the show, somewhat controversial and somewhat amusing, her and Vincent have a bit of an on-air "thing." Not to be taken too seriously although she is an erudite woman. That said she is also the sole member of the Enda Kenny fan club so go figure. Maureen Potter, LOL, she will like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

? I don't think it is fair to say that she is bitter, she is just pi55ed off at the state of affairs politically in this country and who would blame her, I certainly would not.

It's just a few months since we had a general election and afterwards Clare Daly, Mick Wallace Paul Murphy etc (basicly the ones that dress down to give the impression that they don't trouser €140k each year in salary + expenses) plus Sinn Fein showed no interest in helping to form a government or as you put it improving 'the state of affairs politically in this country'. BTW I don't hear a peep out of her or Mick Wallace about Russia slaughtering innocents in Alleppo. No much easier to stage a mock protest in Shannon against the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

It's just a few months since we had a general election and afterwards Clare Daly, Mick Wallace Paul Murphy etc (basicly the ones that dress down to give the impression that they don't trouser €140k each year in salary + expenses) plus Sinn Fein showed no interest in helping to form a government or as you put it improving 'the state of affairs politically in this country'. BTW I don't hear a peep out of her or Mick Wallace about Russia slaughtering innocents in Alleppo. No much easier to stage a mock protest in Shannon against the USA.

Daly is an independent, Wallace is an independent, Murphy is a member of a party who won 6 seats and this was not enough to form a government so Im not sure what you expected them to do. Sinn Fein maybe could have done something but they said from the outset that they were not willing to partner with FF. With respect to Wallace and Daly their work involves 2 years of trying to get the gov to stop NAMA from giving billions of our money away to the vultures and acting corruptly, 2/3 years of work on getting the 8th amendment repealed and to allow woman control of their own bodies and to end the desperate journeys to the UK for an abortion, 6/7 years of trying to get Shannon airport to not be used for US rendition to Guantanomo/torture and not to be used by soldiers on their way to illegal conflicts all in return for US dollars, they are also campaigning strongly for fair and respectful treatment for garda whistleblowers and for the removal of corruption from AGS. They have done much more besides and I can research this if you like. They are hard working and don't give up easily and people should be proud of their efforts, we could use more like them. Now would you like to name another TD who is as hard working, who has stuck with their beliefs and not given it up after a few months. If you are going to start quoting stories about Clare Daly doing 59 in a 50 or Mick Wallace on the phone while driving don't bother.

Daly is an independent, Wallace is an independent, Murphy is a member of a party who won 6 seats and this was not enough to form a government so Im not sure what you expected them to do. Sinn Fein maybe could have done something but they said from the outset that they were not willing to partner with FF. With respect to Wallace and Daly their work involves 2 years of trying to get the gov to stop NAMA from giving billions of our money away to the vultures and acting corruptly, 2/3 years of work on getting the 8th amendment repealed and to allow woman control of their own bodies and to end the desperate journeys to the UK for an abortion, 6/7 years of trying to get Shannon airport to not be used for US rendition to Guantanomo/torture and not to be used by soldiers on their way to illegal conflicts all in return for US dollars, they are also campaigning strongly for fair and respectful treatment for garda whistleblowers and for the removal of corruption from AGS. They have done much more besides and I can research this if you like. They are hard working and don't give up easily and people should be proud of their efforts, we could use more like them. Now would you like to name another TD who is as hard working, who has stuck with their beliefs and not given it up after a few months. If you are going to start quoting stories about Clare Daly doing 59 in a 50 or Mick Wallace on the phone while driving don't bother.

Jim, my friend, the bottom line is, just like you and me if we break the speed limit and are caught, we pay.

As far as I am concerned there is no issue with MsDaly, pay the fine and shut up, don't be horsing the media for spurious publicity and conning less informed poor
    People on social media into supporting the unsupportable.

Time to move on, my friend.

Vincent will be glad of his free bus pass after being banned from driving for six months.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tv3s-vincent-browne-banned-from-driving-for-six-months-35132961.html

Jeez VB sounds not well, slow speech, is he alright at all?

VB likes calling it a holocaust, he likes that term, probably is but he's the only one I hear calling it such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Four verses one on Vincents show tonight
    Nothing like some impartial tv

Lackey wrote: »
    Four verses one on Vincents show tonight
    Nothing like some impartial tv

One loon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

we have to get with the program. open the borders to everyone!

resilience, dignity, and nuanced understanding. thats what we just aren't getting. can we help out? women and children only? not teenage kids that look in their 30s?

what an eye opener tonight on vincent.

who is the cutie on tonight? Gemma Philomena something or other? :)

Anyone watching.
    Vinny with the skinny on Dinny.
    Should be good.

Love how measured this communications dude is. Well able to tell Vinny when he wants to make his point. Ha.

This clown with the orange tie is great at talking around the point.

TV3’s lawyers must be bricking it tonight.

• Advertisement

Missed the start of the show, who's the Fine Gael lacky on tonight. His voice is annoying the hell out of me. Makes me want to cough everytime he speaks.

Michael Darcy

Missed the start of the show, who's the Fine Gael lacky on tonight. His voice is annoying the hell out of me. Makes me want to cough everytime he speaks.

Michael Darcy. He was in a serious fire many years ago, and his throat was badly damaged

^^^^^^
    Oops. my bad. Never saw or heard him before.
    Still a Fine Gael lacky tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

coolhull wrote: »
    Michael Darcy. He was in a serious fire many years ago, and his throat was badly damaged

No his voice box got badly damaged while playing GAA years ago.

God he's been hard to watch the last few nights I've seen him on, not even asking questions really or allowing people answer just shouting at them .... yeah yeah but more than usual !!!

And yet, I hope when I get to his age I have the same enquiring mind, and the same inability to put up with bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In fairness you can understand his frustration. He asks about the health system and gets fed a load of rubbish about the economy recovering.

• Advertisement

Sinead's hair really suits her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement