Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Speak up Sinead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

We should have a vote for independence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"The Scots are far too canny to make a mess of the boom like we did"... Oh really? Somebody tell this gobdaw that Bank Of SCOTLAND Ireland were the first bank to offer 100% mortgages in this country.... which "encouraged" the indigenous greedy banks to do the same... You think that Vincent might get a few educated people on the show instead of people who adhere to his left wing views..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

"The Scots are far too canny to make a mess of the boom like we did"... Oh really? Somebody tell this gobdaw that Bank Of SCOTLAND Ireland were the first bank to offer 100% mortgages in this country.... which "encouraged" the indigenous greedy banks to do the same... You think that Vincent might get a few educated people on the show instead of people who adhere to his left wing views..[/
    quote]

Don't think he was reffering to bos,if vinny gets in intellectual lefties...were all in trouble...including vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Is this the panel, better off in the pub.

Scottish independence tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's a pity that Barry White is retiring, but at least it's good to know that reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated....

Barry_Ally_Mc_Beal.jpg

No Scot on the panel?

They couldn't find any Scottish people in Ireland.

Has Vinnie become an imperialist all of a sudden?

• Advertisement

Comparisons between Irish independence and Scottish independence is like comparing apples and oranges. Pointless conversation here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 fat_sam

Comparisons between Irish independence and Scottish independence is like comparing apples and oranges. Pointless conversation here.

doesnt appear to be much about the vote at all , just another opportunity for vinnie to pontificate about his favourite subject " inequality "

Is TV 3 providing coverage of the count on Thursday?

Is TV 3 providing coverage of the count on Thursday?

They've sent Lisa Cannon from Xpose over there to report on the latest tartan fashions at the polling stations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yer man seems to believe its worth voting Yes if only to deliver a blow to the City of London and David Cameron.

I'm glad he's not voting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

No Scot on the panel?

They couldn't find any Scottish people in Ireland.

They should have gotten Paddy Crerand on, I recall when RTE had him on soccer panels he was an amazingly cranky bastard.

They've sent Lisa Cannon from Xpose over there to report on the latest tartan fashions at the polling stations.

FFS Harry don't be giving them ideas.

Lapin wrote: »
    Yer man seems to believe its worth voting Yes if only to deliver a blow to the City of London and David Cameron.

I'm glad he's not voting.

socilist academic bore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

They should have gotten Paddy Crerand on, I recall when RTE had him on soccer panels he was an amazingly cranky bastard.

if you diss united at all he will bite you

"WHO SAID THAT......"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Independence? It didn't do us much good over here, we swapped one kind of tyranny for another.

no he was simply scottish

And if Vinnie started by asking him why Man Utd are so shyte this season, that would be the icing on the cake.

fat_sam wrote: »
    socilist academic bore

Who is he anyway?

Who are all of them?

Yer one should tell Vinnie to turn down the studio lights. All that blinking must be hurting her eyes.

fat_sam wrote: »
    no he was simply scottish

Jerry Sadowitz is another "simply scottish" person in that case, they should dig him up out of whatever burrow he's disappeared into and get his opinion

"Practical Philosophy"

Isn't that an oxymoron? :confused:

• Advertisement

2800 middle management losses from the HSE would be no loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Varadker played an absolute blinder over the last week. Enda came off looking more pathetic than usual.

Utter bollox.

The fact that the women's finals are played on seperate days to the men's is all to do with equality.

Interesting to read of some of the pieces over the weekend on Paisley's death.
    Some of them had little good to say about him.

Varadker played an absolute blinder over the last week. Enda came off looking more pathetic than usual.

Enda's getting worried. Big Phil is gone to Europe and James Reilly is a bit player now. He reminds me of Jimmy Conway from Goodfellas. He'll whack anybody who looks sideways at him.

• Advertisement

Don't like to speak Ill of the dead but everything paisley did was to serve his ridiculous ego.

Enda's getting worried. Big Phil is gone to Europe and James Reilly is a bit player now. He reminds me of Jimmy Conway from Goodfellas. He'll whack anybody who looks sideways at him.

That would require a backbone. Does Enda have one?

Was she at the match yesterday?

The fact that there are 80,000+ at the men's finals is because they are more popular games.

Women make up more than 50% of the population of this country so where were all the crowds yesterday to support the women's teams.

There will be more women at the men's All Ireland replay than there were in Croke Parke yesterday. Nothing to do with equality.

And the suggestion that the Minor Senior men's and Women's finals all take place on the same day is ridiculous.

Its hard enought to get tickets for one county let alone compete with a possible five others.

She hasn't a clue.

Don't like to speak Ill of the dead but everything paisley did was to serve his ridiculous ego.

He was a bigot who set the peace process back by about 30 years and finally only agreed to it when he'd gotten rid of Trimble and the Ulster Unionists. He's being let off lightly at the moment if you ask me, I'd bet in a couple of years the opinions of him will get a lot darker.

Was she at the match yesterday?

The fact that there are 80,000+ at the men's finals is because they are more popular games.

Women make up more than 50% of the population of this country so where were all the crowds yesterday to support the wome's teams.

There will be more women at the men's All Ireland replay than there were in Croke Parke yesterday. Nothing to do with equality.

And the suggestion that the Minor Senior men's and Women's finals all take place on the same day is ridiculous.

Its hard enought to get tickets for one county let alone compete with a possible five others.

She hasn't a clue.

Vincent said they should be held on the same day.

Apparently he was behaving a bit desperately at their "think-in" when Varadker held court.

Without a doubt. At a previous job I worked at there was one of the female managers who was a GAA obsessive, I asked her if she was going to watch the Waterford womens gaelic football team competing in Croke Park she scoffed at the very notion, she was highly indignant that anyone would think she'd support the womens game. This despite the fact it wouldn't have cost her to get in since she was one of those 10-year ticket holders.

Without a doubt. At a previous job I worked at there was one of the female managers who was a GAA obsessive, I asked her if she was going to watch the Waterford womens gaelic football team competing in Croke Park she scoffed at the very notion, she was highly indignant that anyone would think she'd support the womens game. This despite the fact it wouldn't have cost her to get in since she was one of those 10-year ticket holders.

A lot of women have to their attitude to women in sport too, two wrongs don't make a right. Susan wasn't suggesting that.

Simon Coveney, Minister for Defence and Minister for Agriculture.
    Yep, that makes sense.......

Utter bollox.

The fact that the women's finals are played on seperate days to the men's is all to do with equality.

you cant force people to be more interested in the womens final , equality heads scare me , such is there lust to increase control of peoples lives

" you must be just as interested in gay womens soccer as the mens world cup "

• Advertisement

Fairly bizarre stuff from Bob Geldolf on Scottish independence.

Now I know why he is called Sir Bob.

Swords to plowshares?

He was a bigot who set the peace process back by about 30 years and finally only agreed to it when he'd gotten rid of Trimble and the Ulster Unionists. He's being let off lightly at the moment if you ask me, I'd bet in a couple of years the opinions of him will get a lot darker.

old people are harder to condemn , had he died in his fifties , obituaries might read very differently

A lot of women have to their attitude to women in sport too, two wrongs don't make a right. Susan wasn't suggesting that.

so you think its wrong for a woman not to be more fond of womens sport ?

minister for tractors and tanks

Well, if we're ever invaded by pillaging Aberdeen Angus, he might come in handy :p

Swords to plowshares?
    :D

It's all part of Enda's cunning plan.....

Baldrick_thumbnail.jpg

Desperate stuff from Geldolf:

Desperate stuff from Geldolf:

What a dickhead :eek:

• Advertisement

Vincent said they should be held on the same day.

She didn't disagree with him though.

And we know Vincent hasn't a clue.

The last time a Limerick team won anything in Croke Park (before yesterday), Richard Nixon was busy getting ready to tell the world he wasn't a crook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement