Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny said that he is going to discuss it after this.

Thanks, I missed the start of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just tuned in.

Looks like Liveline on the telly here.

Whats happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Vinny said that he is going to discuss it after this.

What happened to her and people like her, her story is more important to show how fúckéd up our country is. corrupt to the core as the Mc Nulty and the sleeven retiree from the water board is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A powerful interview given by that lady.

Awful treatment she received and supported by the Catholic Church.

The government has to cough up. End of. The government pretend to want to treat women equally and yet they treat the survivors of this barbarity with such derision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

A powerful interview given by that lady.

Awful treatment she received and supported by the Catholic Church.

The government has to cough up. End of. The government pretend to want to treat women equally and yet they treat the survivors of this barbarity with such derision.

When you say the government has to cough up, what you are saying that the rest of us, (who had no hand, act or part in the debacle), have to cough up? ( as usual).

Roger_007 wrote: »
    When you say the government has to cough up, what you are saying that the rest of us, (who had no hand, act or part in the debacle), have to cough up? ( as usual).

DP.

Yep. Would you begrudge them compensation? I wouldn't.

Jail and take their wealth off the butchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jail and take their wealth off the butchers.
    I'd say a lot of the medical people who performed these procedures are long dead.

• Advertisement

I'd say a lot of the medical people who performed these procedures are long dead.

They were being performed into the 1970s and 1980s. I would imagine there's a good few still alive probably attending mass of course.

They should be sueing the doctors and hospitals involved. Don't forget that one of the hospitals principally involved was the Lourdes in Drogheda which was wholly owned and run at the time by the Medical Missionaries of Mary. That's where the responsibility lies and that's who should 'cough up'.

The ill gotten gains are still there. They recoup the resources of criminals don't they, take the ill gotten gains off their kids, so there is a precedent for doing so.

They should be sueing the doctors and hospitals involved. Don't forget that one of the hospitals principally involved was the Lourdes in Drogheda which was wholly owned and run at the time by the Medical Missionaries of Mary. That's where the responsibility lies and that's who should 'cough up'.

The State paid the wages and supposedly monitored hospitals, so they are responsible. Court judgments over the years have time and time again shown this.

It may not be a great thing for the state finances, but it has to be done. The women deserve to be compensated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Maybe it could be split between the orders and the State, just as was supposed to happen for clerical abuse?

Twomey spoofing. Every Fine Gaeler who's been rolled out to explain this has been spoofing away. This whole fiasco serves to illustrate Enda Kenny's total incompetence.

• Advertisement

The ill gotten gains are still there. They recoup the resources of criminals don't they, take the ill gotten gains off their kids, so there is a precedent for doing so.
    I reckon it could be very difficult, the surgery was not illegal and the onus would be on the misfortunate women to fight their case against the medical personnel involved. Time isn't on their side so state redress is their best option at this stage.

Maybe it could be split between the orders and the State, just as was supposed to happen for clerical abuse?

I would happily see the Catholic Church bankrupted to pay the entire compensation, but the mass goers that still give large amounts of money to the Church won't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Jaysus, yer wans eyes are enormous.

Jaysus, yer wans eyes are enormous.

How are the holliers going, Joe? Are you away with the three twins?

I reckon it could be very difficult, the surgery was not illegal and the onus would be on the misfortunate women to fight their case against the medical personnel involved. Time isn't on their side so state redress is their best option at this stage.

The programme has been about how dysfunctional and inadequate the state redress scheme is and that it is clearly an insult.

The illegality of the procedure isn't clear as the women did not give consent.

• Advertisement

This bóllíckolgy about Mc Nulty, according to Sundays Papers he is a personal friend of Enda's 1st Cousin. Ask the question about that.

I wouldn't either.

But as the last Magdalen Laundry closed down in 1996, tax only those who were working prior to then for 25% of the total compensation and make deductions in pensions to raise another 25%.

The Catholic Church should come up with the remaining 50%.

Under no circumstances should anyone who entered the workplace and began paying tax after 1996 be made to pay for the actions of those who went before them.

Its not about begrudging anyone what they deserve. But the current generation aren't at fault for it. We're already paying over the top for the fuck ups created by our own generation of ****.

It's the Colette and Paddy Show again.

I don't know why Vinnie invites a panel and hardly gives them time to utter a full sentence?

Paddy and Colette are becoming regulars :D

Lapin wrote: »
    I wouldn't either.

But as the last Magdalen Laundry closed down in 1996, tax only those who were working prior to then for 25% of the total compensation and make deductions in pensions to raise another 25%.

The Catholic Church should come up with the remaining 50%.

Under no circumstances should anyone who entered the workplace and began paying tax after 1996 be made to pay for the actions of those who went before them.

Its not about begrudging anyone what they deserve. But the current generation aren't at fault for it. We're already paying over the top for the fuck ups created by our own generation of ****.

I could not agree more, but Fine Gael and Fianna Fail won't have their Catholic mates being made broke.

There isn't enough will among mass goers either to boycott the Church until they pay up. In fact many still give large amounts of money every week, some leaving thousands in their wills to them.

It's the Colette and Paddy Show again.
    I love these pair, they're hilarious together.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Is Paddy Manning another one who sleeps upstairs at TV3?

I don't know why Vinnie invites a panel and hardly gives them time to utter a full sentence?

Because if he let everyone finish their sentences there'd be less time for the ad breaks.

The structure of this show is getting more fragmented and chaotic by the week!

• Advertisement

The structure of this show is getting more fragmented and chaotic by the week!

It's a mess - a bit like Vinnie's hair.

THE PEOPLES DABATE

On Wednesday, 1st October, The People's Debate returns, just 2 weeks before the Budget to debate the motion 'That Budget 2015 should prioritise the relief of the squeezed middle income earners'.

The People's Debate returns tonight.

Its called that because all the people on it speak over all the other people at the same time and the people watching it can't make head nor tail of what the people in it are saying.

Lets rip !

Well said that last fella.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Fianna fail twat

People with philosophy degrees get jobs in pubs collecting the empty glasses of barstool philosophers.

Vincent in his prime loving it

Launchpad for a new party.

But its in Athlone so its doomed before it starts.

Lapin wrote: »
    Launchpad for a new party.

But its in Athlone so its doomed before it starts.

Your man's talking balls sure to print our own money we'd need to leave the euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Where the hell did they get these - every whacko group going - Pavee now.

Michael Jackson will turn up. With his Monkey.

• Advertisement

What's pavee point doing on this sure none of the gypsies pay any tax

What's the text number?

What's pavee point doing on this sure none of the gypsies pay any tax

:eek:

Teacher - preacher.

:eek:

Sure it's true, how many tinkers do you know are in the paye system?

Oh I get it, they need us to earn more for them to thieve

Teacher - preacher.

I think teachers are underpaid for their effort so I agree with all her points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

No water meters for haulting sites ,oh yes and they still get a free skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Sure it's true, how many tinkers do you know are in the paye system?

Oh I get it, they need us to earn more for them to thieve

Tinkers? Really?

"The Minister for Gutter & Splutter" lol :D

The cat is a bit childish really.

Although I did like his Minister for Gutter & Splutter remark !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Vinny's free for all extravaganza.
    Seems like a more sedate affair than usual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement