Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Is VB - in bad form because of Charlie last night - if so , embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What an ignorant bástárd Vin B has become when he finds his popularity is being flushed down the tubes, I wait for the day your career is over.

He seems to invite certain guests on to his show just to have a rant at them about his own obsessions. Small wonder that some people he invites won't appear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Elaine just wants to say "nothing to see here, the tribunals were great".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Elaine Byrne is one of the best journalists in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Politicians are fair game for that sort of haranguing because 99% of them are a bunch of hypocrites. His antagonism towards Elaine Byrne is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He seems to invite certain guests on to his show just to have a rant at them about his own obsessions. Small wonder that some people he invites won't appear!

He has gone so low tonight there is no recovery. Disgusting two bit host.

This drama about Charlie lacked one very important aspect........Mrs Haughey? Why was she 'disappeared' by the writers?

Love Sinead's hair.
    Beautiful woman

This drama about Charlie lacked one very important aspect........Mrs Haughey? Why was she 'disappeared' by the writers?

Probably because Haughey only used her as a means to an end of furthering his career. The fact that she was Sean Lemass's daughter wasn't lost on that corrupt mercenary.

Probably because Haughey only used her as a means to an end of furthering his career. The fact that she was Sean Lemass's daughter wasn't lost on that corrupt mercenary.

All the more reason to include her in the drama.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Love Sinead's hair.
    Beautiful woman

Certainly, good head on her shoulders too! :pac:
    Damn, that sounded a bit misogynistic. When you have to proclaim you're not being misogynistic twice in one week what does that say?

Anyway I reckon VB is just a bit cranky after the holiday period. Wasn't able to prevent Santa from delivering presents to children yet again. Maybe next year grinchy, maybe next year...

Recording in Wicklow hotel, maybe he could do a cameo of Denis O Brien passing the £15,000 check to John Bruton to secure the fone licence 19 years ago. Now that would be good television, but then again VinB only attacks the easy.

All the more reason to include her in the drama.:confused:

She's still alive though. If she didn't like the way she was portrayed, she'd be on the phone to her lawyers ;)

So, Vincent doesn't think any apology is necessary?

Fionn's so smug.
    Still like him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Continuity Fine Gael!!! ha ha ha, that's a good one!!!

tampopo wrote: »

The real FG.

Go out to the pub or go to the recording of Vincent Browne on a Friday evening...hmmm.

tampopo wrote: »

No doubt Lucinda will following Gerry Adam's example and will soon be denying that she was ever a member of Fine Gael.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just thinking about the VinB bully show, I have no problem with him taking on corrupt politicians and putting them to the test. But tonight's show was disgraceful in his attitude to a first-class investigating journalist, who has many credits to her name. It restores my faith in Irish journalism, that she showed such restraint in front of such bullying tactics. Good on you Elaine put it up to the bullies no matter who they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

No doubt Lucinda will following Gerry Adam's example and will soon be denying that she was ever a member of Fine Gael.:rolleyes:

Or maybe, seeing as they've no name, no policies and no members, 'Provisional' Fine Gael would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

She's still alive though. If she didn't like the way she was portrayed, she'd be on the phone to her lawyers 

Stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure she died last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

I thought she was still alive? I'm quite sure she is, near 90 at this stage.

She's still alive:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maureen_Haughey

Even Wikipedia pays scant regard for her life. One paragraph is all she gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Politicians are fair game for that sort of haranguing because 99% of them are a bunch of hypocrites. His antagonism towards Elaine Byrne is an absolute disgrace.

That was ugly, it almost seemed personal. She sounded like she had a frog in her throat for a while afterwards, there could have been words beforehand possibly?. Browne is a really smug w@*ker who loves using his insider experience to browbeat guests especially the younger ones. I would have found it hard to not flip the desk up in under his chin if he spoke to me like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vinny has an extended programme this evening, it's starting at 22:40 and runs to 00:05.

Except lots of commercials :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny has an extended programme this evening, it's starting at 22:40 and runs to 00:05.

Except lots of commercials :D

I was watching Nigh of the Big Wind just now.
    I hear there was another one last night.
    Sorry i missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I was watching Nigh of the Big Wind just now.
    I hear there was another one last night.
    Sorry i missed it.

I watched it tonight it tonight on 3Player. I think Elaine gave a good account of herself, and another member of the panel backed her up.
    Not Vinnie's finest hour :mad:

About 40 secs and then adverts :(

Why did it have an earlier start tonight? Anyone know?

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Why did it have an earlier start tonight? Anyone know?

Short film?

This is ridiculous. Nothing about overcrowding in our hospitals and nothing about Lucinda's ideas for a new party. Has Vinnie been living in a bubble for the past five days??

Another big re-hash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Been watching for 5 minutes I still have no idea what they are talking about.

Thinly veiled reference to Reynolds there....

Another big re-hash.

When watching VB overt the last year or so, I often get a nagging feeling that I'm watching a repeat..........(of a repeat, of a repeat..........)

This is starting to remind me of Channel Four's After Dark from the 1980's and 90's - except it isn't half as entertaining because none of them are drunk.

Seanachai wrote: »
    That was ugly, it almost seemed personal. She sounded like she had a frog in her throat for a while afterwards, there could have been words beforehand possibly?. Browne is a really smug w@*ker who loves using his insider experience to browbeat guests especially the younger ones. I would have found it hard to not flip the desk up in under his chin if he spoke to me like that.

He can be an awful fool at times.
    As entrenched in his biases as anyone else.

I need a new hero :p

He can be an awful fool at times.
    As entrenched in his biases as anyone else.

I need a new hero :p

2010-10-eddie-hobbs-mobbed-by-figrolls-tastebuds-2.jpg

;)

2010-10-eddie-hobbs-mobbed-by-figrolls-tastebuds-2.jpg

;)

Are those red herrings?

• Advertisement

This is starting to remind me of Channel Four's After Dark from the 1980's and 90's - except it isn't half as entertaining because none of them are drunk.

Bit like "Attitudes Night" on The Day Today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Are those red herrings?

I think it's the Bulgarian tunnel he invested in ...

Harry, I'm thinking of asking Niamh Hourigan out for a date... How about you ask Colette Brown and we make it a double date..

How do they propose to have a debate featuring potential candidates in the next general election when they don't know who is going to be standing?

God, I hope the yanks send that b*stard down for 20 years... I'm almost glad he decided to declare bankruptcy in the States, cos they wouldnt have had the b*lls to nor the competence to put him away here..

How does one become a "Communications Expert"? :confused:

One gets a sharp suit, a sharp haircut and a geeky pair of glasses and then just chance your arm!;)

I wish I was a political correspondent for a tabloid. I could spend all day playing Subway Surfers.

Sounds like one of those courses that Tony Hancock would have gone to Syd James to get training in...

• Advertisement

Yeah, you were in hospital for a while last year, Vinnie, but we're not talking about the Mater Private or Blackrock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement