Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Timmy Dooley looks angry tonight for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Timmy Dooley was born angry.. and he won't rest until everyone else is angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Marcusm wrote: »
    I take it that you are unfamiliar with the existence of the Celtic Sea.

The Celtic Sea is a part of the Atlantic Ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I think both he and Michael have got a fair hammering, not surprised at how p'd off they look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

For a lad in opposition he has performed by poorly tonight. Michael McNamara was streets ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I often wonder how much I'd need to be paid to put up with some of the **** that gets thrown at TDs.

This is going to be good lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

MrsD007 wrote: »
    For a lad in opposition he has performed by poorly tonight. Michael McNamara was streets ahead of him.

I have to admit that I am impressed by Michael........I hadn't heard too much about him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is this a poem or is she just mental?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This one is scary.

• Advertisement

I don't understand it. Where did that point come from?

She reared three graduates.
    I'm picturing kids being born with mortarboards on their heads.

The pubs must have just closed!

Oh.... Ye weren't joking... HYUP!!!

Some lovely Clare cailins.

This could only happen in Ireland!...........'shure never mind all that political stuff....let's have a hooley'.

Some lovely Clare cailins.
    We're all lovely girls down here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I often wonder how much I'd need to be paid to put up with some of the **** that gets thrown at TDs.

If they were decent honest people in politics, there would be no abuse. Irish politicians of all parties deserve what they get for their dishonesty. If they can't stand the heat fóók off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The Celtic Sea is a part of the Atlantic Ocean.

In the same way that the Caribbean is part of the Atlantic Ocean. It would be very few people who would regard the south coast as being part of Ireland's Atlantic coast line; personally, I think it stops before Cork too.

Topographically, the Waterford coast has not been formed by comparable forces to the west coast.

• Advertisement

It's a good concept to be fair.

Where's Vinnie's tie? He looks like a Methodist pastor.

So the ECB have started QE.

If they were decent honest people in politics, there would be no abuse. Irish politicians of all parties deserve what they get for their dishonesty. If they can't stand the heat fóók off.

While that's fair enough, you can't go twenty minutes without someone blasting the government.

Example:
    A possible headline in a paper - Katie Price Pregnant!!

Comment - You're reporting on this when our babies are forced to emigrate. ****ing government scum.

Zzzzzzzzz.... proper and appropriate blame is entirely warranted but some people need to take a day off.

Comment - people can't take days off from looking in bins to feed their children etc etc

Where's Vinnie's tie? He looks like a Methodist pastor.
    He must have left it in the Auburn Lodge.

Half the population under 10400 outside of allowances?
    What? :confused:

• Advertisement

20% deposit will mean only well off people/property investor will be able to purchase houses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

One of the funniest thing I've watched in a long while.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He must have left it in the Auburn Lodge.

I'd say that last woman probably swiped it off him on the way out.

Inequality has gone insane worldwide.
    1% richest now have as much as remaining 99%.

Top 85 richest people in the world now have as much as world's poorest 50%.

IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This could only happen in Ireland!...........'shure never mind all that political stuff....let's have a hooley'.

Do you know what only happens in Ireland? People put an 'h' in sure. Sorry but it pisses me off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

While that's fair enough, you can't go twenty minutes without someone blasting the government.

Example:
    A possible headline in a paper - Katie Price Pregnant!!

Comment - You're reporting on this when our babies are forced to emigrate. ****ing government scum.

Zzzzzzzzz.... proper and appropriate blame is entirely warranted but some people need to take a day off.

Comment - people can't take days off from looking in bins to feed their children etc etc

I thought something similar when Michael McNamara spoke about the trolley experience he had in Limerick A&E.

The audience booed and cajoled as if he was making it up and he must get a private helicopter to Blackrock Clinic every time anyone in his family needs attention.

As a Human Rights Barrister I am sure he is not in Dáil Éireann because it offers him better money than his own trade. I can only expect he is doing it as he feels he has something to offer, but the baying masses need to boo anyone who represents mainstream politics

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Do you know what only happens in Ireland? People put an 'h' in sure. Sorry but it pisses me off :)

Shorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Shorry.

Have noticed a 'rash' of extra 'h'es lately - shtruggle, shtrife, indushtry,
    conshtruction, Hairshpray! Must be due to all of the fancy dental work
    people are getting done in recent times!! That's my theory, anyway!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Inequality has gone insane worldwide.
    1% richest now have as much as remaining 99%.

Top 85 richest people in the world now have as much as world's poorest 50%.

IIRC.

Great documentary on BBC about the 1% or the 0.01% as one commentator suggests in the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04xw2x8/the-superrich-and-us-episode-1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04yn2yq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Have noticed a 'rash' of extra 'h'es lately - shtruggle, shtrife, indushtry,
    conshtruction, Hairshpray! Must be due to all of the fancy dental work
    people are getting done in recent times!! That's my theory, anyway!! ;)

I'm one of those people at the moment, although I've managed to minimise it. I think the question to ask is why are people not getting their teeth sorted as children?. I was passed over in school and told I was fine despite having a dental palate like a rabbit while other kids with a tooth or two out of line were given braces. Maybe they allowed the working class kids weren't going to be working in jobs where good teeth were needed :rolleyes:.

Linda of The-Party-With-No-Name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Vincent really is being unfair here, I know a number of businesses where the owners (those self employed people that he hates) have not taken a wage in years.... just to keep the thing going, and to keep the staff in jobs.. Never mind the fact they probably work twice the hours of a normal job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

40 minutes of this???

Lucinda's policies are a bit threadbare!

tampopo wrote: »
    40 minutes of this???

40 minutes of this question by the look of it..

All she had to say was that "because of agreements already in place with the unions (haddington road etc etc) it would probably not be possible to 'fire' public servants, but we would be promoting policies that would be in favour of directing staff and resources towards the areas of the Health Service where they are most required."

• Advertisement

Just looked up the RTE website and the main picture on the website....

000a0edf-353.jpg

Alan Kelly just loves to get himself in to the public eye.. I was half expecting the title of the story to be "Alan Kelly Buys New Flat Screen Television"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I don't often watch Vinny but when I do I can see why some won't go on the show.

You say you want more doctors and nurses than admin staff in hospitals and he responds with "in what other parts of the public sector are you in favour of firing people"

It's correct to challenge and to play devils advocate the tone from the show is that every idea is **** and we're all destined to fail.
    No wonder it's so popular..

How can vague 'grow the economy' stuff be red line issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I don't often watch Vinny but when I do I can see why some won't go on the show.

You say you want more doctors and nurses than admin staff in hospitals and he responds with "in what other parts of the public sector are you in favour of firing people"

It's correct to challenge and to play devils advocate the tone from the show is that every idea is **** and we're all destined to fail.
    No wonder it's so popular..

He rips people to sheds that's why!!

Wtf is he driving at?

Jaysus. Look less dodgy Lucinda.

Did Vinnie just fluff it??

I'm none the wiser after that!

Oh my god.... "And he murdered her".:eek:... I'd say the defence will be playing that segment of the show back to the judge first thing tomorrow...

Vinnie could be in trouble after that remark by MLOD!

• Advertisement

Vinnie could be in trouble after that remark by MLOD!

Wonder will he come back to the next section with an apology / clarification... Kind of ironic that MLOD should be giving out about the "gratuitous" reporting of the alleged circumstances of the case, when she may have done more serious damage to safety of any possible convictions resulting from the case...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement