Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Lapin wrote: »
    Well I know what I think and I'm sick of people trying to drag their own shít into places where it doesn't belong.

Just because John Waters is on the TV, you see it as an opportunity to drag everything off topic and start yapping on about gay marriage, homophobia and suggest that others are guilty of such nonsense.

As my old neighbour in Clapham used to say - Gordon Bennett.

Again, it is you who is sick of it, not everyone. You refer to the very serious issues as nonsense, I guess we know now why you're sick of it all. Anyway You don't have any special position on boards.ie to silence people.

My point was about the fact that Waters got 40K off RTE and yet he is giving out about money damaging people. The other poster and yourself challenged me on it.

So give it a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Some seriously inappropriate placement of adverts on TV3. If anybody watching Vincent Browne's show had any need for condoms, they wouldn't be watching Vincent Browne's show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

BooHoo.com !?

Maybe his audience is younger than we thought :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Again, it is you who is sick of it, not everyone. You refer to the very serious issues as nonsense, I guess we know now why you're sick of it all. You don't have any special position on boards.ie to silence people.

So give it a rest.

I'm only suggesting people stick to the topics being discussed on tonight's progremme instead of going off on tangents and shilling their own agendas.

So - About Roscrea and tiger cubs in the zoo..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RayM wrote: »
    Some seriously inappropriate placement of adverts on TV3. If anybody watching Vincent Browne's show had any need for condoms, they wouldn't be watching Vincent Browne's show.
    Speak for yourself ;):D

Is Bruce Springsteen's daughter going to the horse show really front page news ?

:(

Christ. Irish lad is mayor of Tripoli.

As if the place didn't have enough problems already.

I'm only suggesting people stick to the topics being discussed on tonight's progremme instead of going off on tangents and shilling their own agendas.

So - About Roscrea and tiger cubs in the zoo..........

But you aren't a mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Again, it is you who is sick of it, not everyone. You refer to the very serious issues as nonsense, I guess we know now why you're sick of it all. Anyway You don't have any special position on boards.ie to silence people.

My point was about the fact that Waters got 40K off RTE and yet he is giving out about money damaging people. The other poster and yourself challenged me on it.

So give it a rest.

I lolled.

Is Bruce Springsteen's daughter going to the horse show really front page news ?

:(

She was born to run ;)

• Advertisement

But you aren't a mod.
    No, but I am.

Mod Warning

Please refrain from dragging the thread off topic. Tonight's programme had absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage but you insisted on derailing the thread anyway.

She was born to run ;)

But she's horse-riding? :confused:

catallus wrote: »
    But she's horse-riding? :confused:

It was the best I could do at such short notice.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    No, but I am.

Mod Warning

Please refrain from dragging the thread off topic. Tonight's programme had absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage but you insisted on derailing the thread anyway.

The point I made was in reference to Waters and money. The other posters asked me what I meant by it! The other posters kept replying, I merely replied back. Did you read through the chronology of the posts or just decide to give me a warning because you don't agree with my points?

Edit: Presumably they kept replying because they wanted to offer a veiled support of Waters.

vicwatson wrote: »
    No, he's a rocker !! :pac:

In keeping with the theme :)

:pac:

The point I made was in reference to Waters and money. The other posters asked me what I meant by it! The other posters kept replying, I merely replied back. Did you read through the chronology of the posts or just decide to give me a warning because you don't agree with my points?

Edit: Presumably they kept replying because they wanted to offer a veiled support of Waters.

I like John Waters. I don't agree with everything he says but I find him more interesting than most of the anodyne talking heads who appear on TV these days. No need to use the word "veiled" on my part.

My post is self explanatory - please stick to the topics being discussed on the show.

I like John Waters.

He needs to take a new barber into consideration, his current haircut is really awful. I could maybe take him a bit more seriously with an up-do of some sort?

No need to use the word "veiled" in relation to my support for Waters either.

I've been reading his work for over 20 years and always find him thought provoking and driven by principle, even when I disagree with his views on some matters.

Irish life is a better place with him in it. As I have said in the past - If everyone agreed with everyone all the time life would be intolerably boring.

• Advertisement

Shock horror! Ireland is told to do what it's told by the EU. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure about these sanctions.

Does anyone doing their weekly shopping really check the labels on their shopping to see where their purchases originated from?

I think such measures disenfranchise farmers and food producers in Ireland moreso than they do in Russia.

And as a supplier, our producers have a lot more to lose.

Answer: Married priests and women priests.

/end of debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More Kerrygold butter for us. Yay

Does anyone actually believe that priests stay celibate?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Would married priests be required to take a vow of celibacy?

Not that the vow of celibacy ever stopped some unmarried priests

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually believe that priests stay celibate?

Lol. but they do though don't they though...its in d'rules

David Quinn's solution = No change.

What's the Storey Patricia?, sorry, couldnt resist

Is the association of catholic priest like say the GRA (except the members can get married). !?

Is the association of catholic priest like say the GRA. !?

they run the priest chat line that was featured in Father Ted.

• Advertisement

Has the theologian got a black eye or forget to put on eye make up on one eye?

Patch. lol

Was she talking about witnesses at the resurrection? Lol ehh that was made up.

I reckon if some very bored individual roots through the interweb in 86 years time and stumble across this discussion, they'll ask themselves what the hell we were on about in 2014.

I can't predict the future no more than anyone else.

But I really hope the generations we leave after us have more important things to discuss than 'women priests'.

Part of me hopes they'll still be giving out about water charges, and property tax.

But another part of me says its up to our generation to ensure that doesn't happen.

And I don't think we're doing a good job at that.

Nobody reading this will be here on New Year's Eve 2099.

Aren't we lucky.

Was she talking about witnesses at the resurrection? Lol ehh that was made up.

No no Google earth was there

More and more people are educated enough now to know that it's all rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The problem with religion is they have been caught out in their abuse and fraud. The frocked clowns thought they were above their people they regarded as their flock. You have no power in our country anymore. Religion should be a personal choice not an national issue.

I reckon if some very bored individual roots through the interweb in 86 years time and stumble across this discussion, they'll ask themselves what the hell we were on about in 2014.

I can't predict the future no more than anyone else.

But I really hope the generations we leave after us have more important things to discuss than 'women priests'.

Part of me hopes they'll still be giving out about water charges, and property tax.

But another part of me says its up to our generation to ensure that doesn't happen.

And I don't think we're doing a good job at that.

Nobody reading this will be here on New Year's Eve 2099.

Aren't we lucky.
    Speak for yourself, Lapin Personally, I'm going down the cryogenic route;)
    See y'all again in 2125 :D

Lol hotmail. lol. i agree

"you don't really believe all that religious stuff do you Ted" !!!

coolhull wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, Lapin Personally, I'm going down the cryogenic route;)
    See y'all again in 2125 :D

Tell Walt Disney I said Hi !

And save me a Choc Ice :pac:

• Advertisement

Tubs going back to rte radio one, rumours are true. RTE unwilling to sack him.

Cheesus would ye all stop with the religion stuff

Tubs going back to rte radio one, rumours are true. RTE unwilling to sack him.

You can never be sacked in pravda, they will supply you with the box and the arrangements after. Drinks included.

Love to know the figure of people killed directly due to religion. No matter what religion. It must be hundreds and hundreds of millions?? Maybe wiki has the answer !!

Dobbo going to Morning Ireland :eek:

I can see myself jumping out of the leaba at 7.36 in the morning to the sound of his voice and thinking it's really SixOne teatime news time on the telly and time I was up and about. :pac:

Love to know the figure of people killed directly due to religion. No matter what religion. It must be hundreds and hundreds of millions?? Maybe wiki has the answer !!

All wars were religious, how did you think the religous clowns built their empires.
    God talked to Tumbler Bush and he asked him to give the poodle blair a shout.

Wiki has the answer to everything.....

Probably not the right answer, but an answer anyway :D

You can never be sacked in pravda, they will supply you with the box and the arrangements after. Drinks included.

Tubs must be going back into his old 9am slot and therefore gets the Morning Ireland boost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I agree with Lapin's point there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement