Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career advice primary teaching and psychology

Options
  • 08-07-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have completed an Arts course in Psychology and geography. I was hoping to continue with a postgraduate in counselling/psychotherapy course or primary school teaching. Although it seems every course takes a very long time and costs a lot of money. Could anyone recommend any way into either of these areas. I would also be interested in other areas of psychology e.g. CBT. Please Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭BigCOB

You can do relatively short CBT courses in the likes of UCC, they cost a bit, but not nearly as much as a masters. To be honest though, if you want to do counselling or psychotherapy, you are much better off investing the time into a proper recognised masters. For example, there is a 1 year full time MA in counselling in Limerick, can't recall the name (and not bothered googling), think its the IACP or something. Masters there is 5K with varying payment options, I looked into it before, seems solid.

Advertisement