Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to meet (kiss) a girl

• 09-07-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I'm a 16 year old boy who is going out to a girl tomorrow for the first time and I'm really nervous. Can someone tell me how to meet her? Like I know I put my hands on her waist and close my eyes but what do I do with my mouth? Do I open and close it or just keep it open and use my tongue? And how long should it last around? Please don't say it'll come naturally because I dunno and I'm really nervous. If you could reply as soon as possible that would be great!
    Also she is 18 and has kissed plenty before I presume haha.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Newkid8 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a 16 year old boy who is going out to a girl tomorrow for the first time and I'm really nervous. Can someone tell me how to meet her? Like I know I put my hands on her waist and close my eyes but what do I do with my mouth? Do I open and close it or just keep it open and use my tongue? And how long should it last around? Please don't say it'll come naturally because I dunno and I'm really nervous. If you could reply as soon as possible that would be great!

Are you from Carlow or at least the south east?

I always thought meet in that context was always a colloquial Carlow thing!

I remember we always used to say that people either think they're a washing machine when they kiss someone (spinning etc) or they're trying to attack them with their tongue! :rolleyes:

Anyway, to be totally honest it will come naturally.

Her hands will usually be on your shoulders and yours around her waist or that general area.

You turn your head one way and she goes the other, usually the left for lads.

Then just... Yenno... Go with the flow! :P

Anything else?

Must be fun to be young :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Newkid8

Are you from Carlow or at least the south east?

I always thought meet in that context was always a colloquial Carlow thing!

I remember we always used to say that people either think they're a washing machine when they kiss someone (spinning etc) or they're trying to attack them with their tongue! :rolleyes:

Anyway, to be totally honest it will come naturally.

Her hands will usually be on your shoulders and yours around her waist or that general area.

You turn your head one way and she goes the other, usually the left for lads.

Then just... Yenno... Go with the flow! :P

Anything else?

Must be fun to be young :pac:

I'm from dublin actually haha, up ages thinking about it. How long should the meet last and does my mouth stay open or what? I've asked around on the internet but I'm just getting aload of sh*te off the Americans haha. Aw being young would be more enjoyable of I knew how to meet! Haha.

I'm from dublin actually haha, up ages thinking about it. How long should the meet last and does my mouth stay open or what? I've asked around on the internet but I'm just getting aload of sh*te off the Americans haha. Aw being young would be more enjoyable of I knew how to meet! Haha.

Had no idea that word spread!

Not even sure it's originally a Carlow word! :P

How long it lasts depends on you and her, it can last for a few seconds or a bit longer.

Go with what feels right.

But bear in mind you will have to... Eh breathe eventually and no one wants breath on their face so you'll end up pulling away.

Oh yeah, make sure to wash your teeth! :P

This is gonna sound disgusting but when me and my girlfriend were just going out we would put a bit of chewing gum in one of our mouths and then... Share...

Oh god... Cringes galore!

Yeah generally you will have your mouth open but again this all depends on you and her.

Why don't you explain to her that you're not sure?

Can't hurt can it?

You'll be grand just stop fretting :)

Had no idea that word spread!

Not even sure it's originally a Carlow word! :P

How long it lasts depends on you and her, it can last for a few seconds or a bit longer.

Go with what feels right.

But bear in mind you will have to... Eh breathe eventually and no one wants breath on their face so you'll end up pulling away.

Oh yeah, make sure to wash your teeth! :P

This is gonna sound disgusting but when me and my girlfriend were just going out we would put a bit of chewing gum in one of our mouths and then... Share...

Oh god... Cringes galore!

Yeah generally you will have your mouth open but again this all depends on you and her.

Why don't you explain to her that you're not sure?

Can't hurt can it?

You'll be grand just stop fretting :)

I taught only dublin people used the word to be honest haha, I taught people from the country used the word "shift" haha

I don't think I'll share my chewing gum with her, you're alright hahaha.

Ah Dublin moths can be very bitchy tbh, wouldn't go near me if she knew I was a fridget hahaha.

So like - Close eyes, Hands on waist, Keep my mouth parted, only for a while, breath through my nose and hope for the best haha

Also how do I break away? What do I do haha. And when I first see her what should I do to greet her? Bare in mind that It's been ages since I've seen this girl face to face.

Thanks so much for you're help pal! I'm less nervous now. You're a hero man!

I taught only dublin people used the word to be honest haha, I taught people from the country used the word "shift" haha

I don't think I'll share my chewing gum with her, you're alright hahaha.

Ah Dublin moths can be very bitchy tbh, wouldn't go near me if she knew I was a fridget hahaha.

So like - Close eyes, Hands on waist, Keep my mouth parted, only for a while, breath through my nose and hope for the best haha

Also how do I break away? What do I do haha. And when I first see her what should I do to greet her? Bare in mind that It's been ages since I've seen this girl face to face.

Thanks so much for you're help pal! I'm less nervous now. You're a hero man!

Both those words are used in Carlow... :rolleyes:

Shift sounds terrible though IMO.

Yeah you shouldn't, especially not with someone random.

Was just a little random story haha.

Friget... That's used here as well... Oh God the similarities are bad.

Now moth I've never heard of before! *Thankfully :rolleyes:*

Hands on waist, get close, tilt head to the left or the opposite to where she's going and get to it :P

Breaking away is always tough I find, if she's enjoying herself she might stop to take a breath but other than that you might be going for a while.

Just sort of close your mouth and slowly pull away.

Usually it's the girl that pulls away first though tbh.

Say hi Lol, wouldn't really suggest going straight in for the kill because she might think you're a tool.

Then again she might like that you showed initiative but I doubt it.

Just talk to her for a bit, catch up and stuff and see where you go.

The chewing gum part... Too late to edit? Haha joking.

Glad to help, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Make sure to upset how ye get on. (if ye want Ofc.!

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Both those words are used in Carlow... :rolleyes:

Shift sounds terrible though IMO.

Yeah you shouldn't, especially not with someone random.

Was just a little random story haha.

Friget... That's used here as well... Oh God the similarities are bad.

Now moth I've never heard of before! *Thankfully :rolleyes:*

Hands on waist, get close, tilt head to the left or the opposite to where she's going and get to it :P

Breaking away is always tough I find, if she's enjoying herself she might stop to take a breath but other than that you might be going for a while.

Just sort of close your mouth and slowly pull away.

Usually it's the girl that pulls away first though tbh.

Say hi Lol, wouldn't really suggest going straight in for the kill because she might think you're a tool.

Then again she might like that you showed initiative but I doubt it.

Just talk to her for a bit, catch up and stuff and see where you go.

The chewing gum part... Too late to edit? Haha joking.

Glad to help, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Make sure to upset how ye get on. (if ye want Ofc.!

Best of luck :)

Sure it made me laugh all the same? :D

I don't like the word shift, annoys me tbh hahaha.

Have ye never heard of moth or bird? Ah pal you have not heard half of Dublin young fellas :$

Yea bit of a catch would be a good thing to start with, would ye recommend meeting her in the middle or at the end?

I'm sure plenty have done it pal, don't be ashamed, sure ye where a flirty little fuxker hahaha :D

If all goes well I'll keep ye updated and tell ye if you're tips where handy! Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I think just relax, it's pretty hard to do it wrong. Maybe watch a few movies and see what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey OP,

Unfortunatley it's not hard to do it wrong, it's very easy to do it horribly wrong, sorry just being honest. Especially at your ages. God I've had some awful kisses back in the time I was "meeting people". BTW I'm from Tallaght and 32 and been calling it "meeting" since I was about 14 so don't think it's a country thing. The main things that I remember from the horrible kisses was either the guy being to rough with his tonge (it felt like he was trying to lick the back of my throat) or too wet (that was the WORST, the drool actually started sliding down my face, gag!) But yeah, swallow first, not to much spit in your mouth, keep it gentle, you're gentley touching her tongue with yours. There's no time limit but if you feel her pull back then you should too.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If it's your first time to meet I wouldn't be kissing her. A light hug should do.

kjl wrote: »
    I think just relax, it's pretty hard to do it wrong. Maybe watch a few movies and see what they do.

Tried that (I sound hopeless haha) but their Americans and they "French kiss" which is different to meeting I think. Thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement

curlzy wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Unfortunatley it's not hard to do it wrong, it's very easy to do it horribly wrong, sorry just being honest. Especially at your ages. God I've had some awful kisses back in the time I was "meeting people". BTW I'm from Tallaght and 32 and been calling it "meeting" since I was about 14 so don't think it's a country thing. The main things that I remember from the horrible kisses was either the guy being to rough with his tonge (it felt like he was trying to lick the back of my throat) or too wet (that was the WORST, the drool actually started sliding down my face, gag!) But yeah, swallow first, not to much spit in your mouth, keep it gentle, you're gentley touching her tongue with yours. There's no time limit but if you feel her pull back then you should too.

Best of luck.

This has helped me get the main point of it if you get me? I'm just nervous because in films and sh*te they only slide the tongue in every so often and move their heads from left to right? But when I've seen mates meeting they stayed in the same place? Haha

Thanks for your help! It'll be much apreitiated later haha :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Tried that (I sound hopeless haha) but their Americans and they "French kiss" which is different to meeting I think. Thanks anyway :)

It's the same thing.

If it's your first time to meet I wouldn't be kissing her. A light hug should do.

We're going out to each other to meet? If I gave her a hug instead she'd think I'm a fool hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Meeting is just slang for kissing with tongues no?
    This thread makes me feel old and I'm only in my twenties :pac:

miamee wrote: »
    It's the same thing.

It's not ha.

Tasden wrote: »
    Meeting is just slang for kissing with tongues no?
    This thread makes me feel old and I'm only in my twenties :pac:

Yea that's all it is haha, I'm just stressing over something I shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

It's not ha.

Yes it is. It's just in movies they make it look a bit more dramatic. Just take the lead from her and do what she does basically.

bee06 wrote: »
    Yes it is. It's just in movies they make it look a bit more dramatic. Just take the lead from her and do what she does basically.

I taught in meeting you just use your tongues? In movies they don't really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

You'd want to be using your lips too! Bit of both is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Either they do and you can't see it (that would be a bit much) or they don't because they are actors kissing a stranger, just like they don't really have sex in movies when they are pretending to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Ok, I'll try to help here if I can. The whole hands on the waist, hands on the shoulders thing makes things feel a little distant IMO. For a nice romantic kiss try holding her head gently, palms on her cheeks with your fingers touching her ears. Look her in the eyes and then lean in and gently kiss her on the lips once or twice (closed mouth no tongues yet). Make sure your lips aren't dry too. This should set the mood and relax you both. Continue like this for a while, taking things slowly, it builds the anticipation, like foreplay. You can lead in by tilting your head slightly to one side and this time make the kiss a little stronger, more intense but not too hard either. Open your mouth slightly and begin to make the kiss more "wet" but through all of this, try not to make it sloppy so you end up with drool running down your or her chin :) When you begin to kiss with your tongue, just remember that you're not trying to shove it in as far as you can, just open your mouth a little more and play with her tongue and she will respond likewise if you have gotten this far! If she shoves her tongue in hard then she's possibly either inexperienced like yourself or very horny because she now gagging for it as a result of your smooth moves :) Most importantly, relax, take it slow and enjoy it. Talk to her about it if you feel comfortable enough with her to do so.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theperson2014

Eh she's 18 and you're 16. You're technically still a child and she's an adult. She should know better.

Ok, I'll try to help here if I can. The whole hands on the waist, hands on the shoulders thing makes things feel a little distant IMO. For a nice romantic kiss try holding her head gently, palms on her cheeks with your fingers touching her ears. Look her in the eyes and then lean in and gently kiss her on the lips once or twice (closed mouth no tongues yet). Make sure your lips aren't dry too. This should set the mood and relax you both. Continue like this for a while, taking things slowly, it builds the anticipation, like foreplay. You can lead in by tilting your head slightly to one side and this time make the kiss a little stronger, more intense but not too hard either. Open your mouth slightly and begin to make the kiss more "wet" but through all of this, try not to make it sloppy so you end up with drool running down your or her chin :) When you begin to kiss with your tongue, just remember that you're not trying to shove it in as far as you can, just open your mouth a little more and play with her tongue and she will respond likewise if you have gotten this far! If she shoves her tongue in hard then she's possibly either inexperienced like yourself or very horny because she now gagging for it as a result of your smooth moves :) Most importantly, relax, take it slow and enjoy it. Talk to her about it if you feel comfortable enough with her to do so.

Best of luck.

Thanks pal! Helped me out a god bit:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

You should NOT be with an 18 yr old! She should know better!

Seriously find a girl your age. This is not right.

And when you do find a girl your age ask HER what she likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Eh she's 18 and you're 16. You're technically still a child and she's an adult. She should know better.
    Bafucin wrote: »
    You should NOT be with an 18 yr old! She should know better!

Seriously find a girl your age. This is not right.

And when you do find a girl your age ask HER what she likes.

...seriously..?

Glad things seem to have gone well OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

strobe wrote: »
    ...seriously..?

Glad things seem to have gone well OP.

If the genders were reversed it could potentially be serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Bafucin wrote: »
    If the genders were reversed it could potentially be serious.

If they were having sex. Its two teenagers kissing. Regardless of gender.

For all we know it could be a case of one just turned 18 and one is almost 17, both in same year in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭casper023

Hi how are ya :-)
    Da girl will put her arms around ur shoulders normally and you will put urs on her hips or if ur feeling brave her bottom haha. Ye will both turn yer heads in opposite directions and put yer lips together. ye will then open yer mouths at the same time and ur tongues will meet in the middle like kinda a licking each others tongues inside the mouth den u close ur mouth again so ur lips are closed and pressed together again and repeat . You dont wana ram ur tongue back her throat u wana be slow and gentle to make it more enjoyable. Go slow and follow her lead. Swallow ur spit b4 ur kiss u dont wana be a sloppy kisser. Breath through ur nose and kiss for as long as she wants to Hope this helps. ;-) If i lived in Dublin I could show ya how its done :-P haha jk :-)

• Administrators Posts: 14,461 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

casper023, I'm sure the OP appreciates your advice but we have a "no txtspk" rule here on boards.ie. If you take the time to type a reply, please take that extra few seconds to type the full words. It just makes it easier for everyone to read.

Also, as the OP seems to have gotten all the advice he needed, we'll lock the thread now!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement