Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit Magazine 10k Cork

Options
  • 09-07-2014 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Looking forward to this race on Sunday, Nice fast course to try and beat my PB.
    Wonder what sort of numbers they will get for it, Last year they got 300+.
    Anybody else doing it or did it last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

I ran this last year and I'm looking forward to this years race. Nice flat route. I think I lost time on miles 3 & 4 last year running into a head wind along by the water. Those two miles were about 15secs slower than the others but finished with a PB so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Ran it last year and got a PB at the time. Bit expensive for a 10K thou, will skip it this year.

How did ye get on? Have heard it was poorly ran again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

viperlogic wrote: »
    How did ye get on? Have heard it was poorly ran again this year

Yes, badly run. Nice course, weather and dry top but that was all that was good about it.
    The marshals did not really know what was going on around the start area or on the course as i asked a few where the water stations were, Blank look back:rolleyes:.
    There were 2 water stops and they were at about 1 km and 2 km which would have been ok for the 5 k course as they would have had 4 altogether. We had none from the 2k mark till the finish. (unless i was so in the zone i missed it).
    I was really pushing myself for a good time but could of done with some water at about 6-7k. Managed to get a PB anyway.
    Also where the 10k joined back with the 5k was not marshalled so we had to avoid running into people coming down the small hill.

WONT be doing the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mush500

I thought it was ok for a 10km although probably too expensive.Impression I get is that these events were hoped to be much bigger but just as well not as a couple of problems as outlined above.

Nice top and liked the course. While I wouldn't really heed water stations too much- agree that one at 7km would have been nice rather than at 2km- was a warmish day and some water there would have been nice. Not sure that I'd do it again but as I said I don't think the event will last given the numbers.

• Advertisement

Lots of feedback here also http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2014/07/results-photos-of-fit-magazine-5k-10k.html

No "feedback" seen on their Facebook page unless its being deleted!

Advertisement