Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel bombs 160 sites in Gaza overnight. Mod Warnings in First Post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

seanaway wrote: »
    Wake up. Why are you not answering yourself?

You claimed I used the word 'however' in bold. I didn't.

Now that you can't use that you look for some other imaginary 'fact' you read into my words.

I say again. I didn't use 'however' in bold.
    Do you accept that simple statement?

I understand you are angry and you have every right to be. I don't argue against your anger.

However, if we are to discuss tehn it needs to be on mutual respect.

If not, we simply replicate the msitakes being made by those in the conflict.

Do you not agree?

What are you talking about?.. have a read back and come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Wake up. Why are you not answering yourself?

You claimed I used the word 'however' in bold. I didn't.

Now that you can't use that you look for some other imaginary 'fact' you read into my words.

I say again. I didn't use 'however' in bold.
    Do you accept that simple statement?

I understand you are angry and you have every right to be. I don't argue against your anger.

However, if we are to discuss tehn it needs to be on mutual respect.

If not, we simply replicate the msitakes being made by those in the conflict.

Do you not agree?

I think the poster was bolding the word "however" to highlight your use of that specific word, not claiming you wrote it in bold...
    I could be wrong though.

So Sean, I never claimed you used the word "however" in bold have you taken a second to get back up to speed. What I asked you was why is it "important" to you how a warcrime is carried out? Why is that important to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

WakeUp wrote: »
    So Sean, I never claimed you used the word "however" in bold have you taken a second to get back up to speed. What I asked you was why is it "important" to you how a warcrime is carried out? Why is that important to you...

My apologies Wakeup.
    you are correct.
    You didn;t say I did.
    it was Gringo180 (?)

It seems my comment provoked so many replies I got lost in the replies to them.

It isn't important how a war crime is commited.

My point was:
    Israeli forces used white phos as an element of shells to create a smokescreen not as a weapon it its own right.

War crime is an exteremy strong term.

It is a war crime to use white phos against a civilian target.

It is not to use it against an armed enemy.

Hamas uses Palestinian civilians as shields and then points the finger at Israel for harming these same people.

If anyone reads back over my posts today I thibk you will find them reasoned and sensible.

It is those who sit on either side of the fence hurling insults and worse that cause the impasse.

Not those who talk and listen - or better listen then talk.

My apologies Wakeup.
    you are correct.
    You didn;t say I did.
    it was Gringo180 (?)

It seems my comment provoked so many replies I got lost in the replies to them.

It isn't important how a war crime is commited.

My point was:
    Israeli forces used white phos as an element of shells to create a smokescreen not as a weapon it its own right.

War crime is an exteremy strong term.

It is a war crime to use white phos against a civilian target.

It is not to use it against an armed enemy.

Hamas uses Palestinian civilians as shields and then points the finger at Israel for harming these same people.

If anyone reads back over my posts today I thibk you will find them reasoned and sensible.

It is those who sit on either side of the fence hurling insults and worse that cause the impasse.

Not those who talk and listen - or better listen then talk.

That's ok no need to apologise though apology accepted. the use of whitephosphorus has been documented in built up civilian areas which is a warcrime. If you lob a shell containing that stuff at a target in a civilian neighbourhood there's a high chance civilians will be hit and they have been . when civilians get hit by that horrible weapon this is the fault of Hamas is that what your saying? and not the fault of the Israeli soldier who fired the projectile. If you want to create a smokescreen why not just use smoke bombs why use whitephosphorus. and why bother creating a smokescreen if you intend to crash a shell into a building...a smokebomb is a smokebomb a shell containing whitephosphorus is a weapon???...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Tasden wrote: »
    I think the poster was bolding the word "however" to highlight your use of that specific word, not claiming you wrote it in bold...
    I could be wrong though.
    Thats correct.

I hate this line that is been thrown around lately. Gaza is one of the most over crowded places on earth, anywhere they do hide it is going to be full of civilians.

WakeUp wrote: »
    That's ok no need to apologise though apology accepted. the use of whitephosphorus has been documented in built up civilian areas which is a warcrime. If you lob a shell containing that stuff at a target in a civilian neighbourhood there's a high chance civilians will be hit and they have been . when civilians get hit by that horrible weapon this is the fault of Hamas is that what your saying? and not the fault of the Israeli soldier who fired the projectile. If you want to create a smokescreen why not just use smoke bombs why use whitephosphorus. and why bother creating a smokescreen if you intend to crash a shell into a building...a smokebomb is a smokebomb a shell containing whitephosphorus is a weapon???...

There is always a need to apologise when you are in the wrong Wakeup.

If more did it it would resolve problems before they arise.
    It shows god faith and trust. Something sorely missing in the crisis we are talking about.

I agree with you that it should not be used in built-up areas. Personally, I think it should be outlawed as Napalm was.

If you look at what I wrote earlier you will see the IDF stated they would stop its use in the shells.

I have never and will never excuse war crimes. However, the term becomes devalued the more people use it to describe what is not a war crime.

Is it a war crime for Hamas to encourage their followes to kidnap and murder kids? I think so, but is it following the definition of war crimes?

that sounds cold blooded I know but everyone needs to keep an eye the MOST important thing here.

How do you achieve peace when one side refuses to even recognise the other side's right to exist?

You can't. Someone has to get Hamas to sit down and talk long term solutions.

If the IRA/UDF etc.. could do it then it's possible.

Continuing as is only leads to more children on both sides being condemned to hell on earth.

Both cultures have had enough of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 RiteofPassage

The IRA/UDA agreed to a ceasefire, primarily due to the fact they put humanity before religion/ historical claims to land.

Can't see that happening in middle east. Ever

The IRA/UDA agreed to a ceasefire, primarily due to the fact they put humanity before religion/ historical claims to land.

Can't see that happening in middle east. Ever

They agreed to a ceasefire because they both realised the following:

A. They had been infiltrated to such a degree by MI5 that to continue was pointless.
    B. They had had enough
    C. They realised that to continue would have meant their children and grandchildren making the same mistakes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

bumper234 wrote: »
    And under which standard of conduct would you say the deliberate targeting of a groups of children playing football on a near deserted beach falls under? Would that be considered a legiimate act or an ilegal one?

Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence! Outside of the fact that they were killed by Israeli weapons, which has been stipulated to by all parties, there is nothing else we know about how or why they ended up dead. The four questions, of which I don't think anyone outside or the Israeli military knows, are if the targeter knew that there were people even present, were the kids deliberately targeted, did the targeter know that they were kids, and if the targeter did know that they were kids, did he have a good reason, given the facts as he knew them, for shooting anyway? It would -appear- that e answe to the latter is "no", but you are clairvoyant if you know the answers to the others.

So was the killing of these kids disproportionate or not. I'd prefer to see the person who ordered the targeting and murder of these children bought up on war crime charges myself.

I have no idea. And if you think about it rationally, neither do you. Heck, reports can't even come to a conclusion about what system was used. I've seen air strike, naval gunfire, artillery, and helicopter gunship all used. (Israelis apparently say naval gunfire)
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Doesn't condone it in the slightest. People died horrific deaths, literally been cooked from the inside out by the use of it. Its one of many war crimes Israel have committed.

It's extremely nasty and has significant PR issues, but cooking people isn't inherently a war crime. As long as not delivered by aircraft over a civilian area (a law put into place after Dresden and Tokyo firebombings) the weapon falls under the same rules and regulations as any other weapon, and it is legal to use WP against both personnel and equipment. (To respond to the technical question, WP is used for smoke over conventional smoke rounds because it creates a screen far faster. The usual technique is to seed with WP, then feed with conventional smoke)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They agreed to a ceasefire because they both realised the following:

A. They had been infiltrated to such a degree by MI5 that to continue was pointless.
    B. They had had enough
    C. They realised that to continue would have meant their children and grandchildren making the same mistakes.

Off topic as it is, I'm not letting that go.

Not in this universe.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6276416.stm

Nodin wrote: »
    Off topic as it is, I'm not letting that go.

Not in this universe.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6276416.stm
    I quote form the article you posted.

It concedes for the first time that it did not win the battle against the IRA - but claims to have "shown the IRA that it could not achieve its ends through violence".

I didn't say the IRA were defeated. I said they had been infiltrated to such a degree that to continue was pointless.

i.e. they could not achieve their aims through violence.

But perhaps my last point is the most importnat in light of the discusion being had here.
    Someone needs to think down the line to the next generations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another unfortunate Palestinian family of eight wiped out by Israeli murderers last night. These included four children.

Meanwhile President Obama condemns the attack on the plane over Ukraine and rightly so but ignores the murders of the poor Palestinians. Of course that could be because the U.S. supplies the Israeli weapons. Cowardice wins out.

Another unfortunate Palestinian family of eight wiped out by Israeli murderers last night. These included four children.

Meanwhile President Obama condemns the attack on the plane over Ukraine and rightly so but ignores the murders of the poor Palestinians. Of course that could be because the U.S. supplies the Israeli weapons. Cowardice wins out.
    I think if you read the news today you'll find Mr Obama's views are not ones of ignoring the conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think if you read the news today you'll find Mr Obama's views are not ones of ignoring the conflict.

Actions speak louder than words though. Obama is as two-faced as the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Came accross this today:A well-known Israeli politician and parliament member has branded Palestinians as terrorists, saying mothers of all Palestinians should also be killed during the ongoing Israeli assault on the besieged Gaza Strip, Daily Sabah reported.

Ayelet Shaked of the ultra-nationalist Jewish Home party called for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to "little snakes."

"They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists," Shaked said, adding, "They are all our enemies and their blood should be on our hands. This also applies to the mothers of the dead terrorists.”
    The remarks are considered as a call for genocide as she declared that all Palestinians are Israel's enemies and must be killed.

On Monday (July 7) Shaked quoted this on her Facebook page:

"Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."
    The development comes as many officials from various countries have slammed Israel's airstrikes on the Gaza Strip. The Turkish prime minister is the latest to condemn the offensive, accusing Israel of massacring the Palestinians.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan has lashed out at Israel, saying it is committing state terrorism against the Palestinians in the region. Speaking in parliament, he also questioned the world’s silence toward Tel Aviv’s ongoing atrocities.

Charming Lady. (Not!!) and shes in government. Pots and kettles jump to mind...

Right wing members of Israel parliament are just intelligent extremists.

Israel sympathizers control hollywood, majority of western media.

Actions speak louder than words though. Obama is as two-faced as the rest.

Just wante dto make the point that he does speak the opposite of waht was claimed by others.

The US is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't so at least they are honest enough to play their own game paln.

Wonder if all those people marching on the Israeli embassy today will take time to do the same and visit the Russian embassy and the Chinese embassy.

Doubt it somehow.

Seems concern for humanity applies only to those not of the slightly loopy left variety.

Russia and China are trying to stand up o the west and should be applauded.

Global monopoly of power is dangerous.

Look at all the big wars recently- USA always involved, and each war brings us closer to full Jewish control of Israel.

Israel's existence is thanks to WW1-WW2-1948 arab War- 6 day war-Gulf Wars, ect ect.

The ultimate goal is full Jewish control of Jerusalem, and Israel. Anyone who denies this is naive.

In my opinion the Jewish race is the most intelligent and capable in the World. haaretz.com/weekend/1.539425

Their religion's end game is Jewish control of Jerusalem, rebuilding the temple and return of Mashtiach.

This will usher in an age of peace and global dominance. I think that the Jews would be intelligent enough to provide effective global leadership.

However they have not shown the humanity, humility, and selflessness to make this goal any nearer to reality.

Russia and China are trying to stand up o the west and should be applauded.

Global monopoly of power is dangerous.

Look at all the big wars recently- USA always involved, and each war brings us closer to full Jewish control of Israel.

Israel's existence is thanks to WW1-WW2-1948 arab War- 6 day war-Gulf Wars, ect ect.

The ultimate goal is full Jewish control of Jerusalem, and Israel. Anyone who denies this is naive.

In my opinion the Jewish race is the most intelligent and capable in the World. haaretz.com/weekend/1.539425

Their religion's end game is Jewish control of Jerusalem, rebuilding the temple and return of Mashtiach.

This will usher in an age of peace and global dominance. I think that the Jews would be intelligent enough to provide effective global leadership.

However they have not shown the humanity, humility, and selflessness to make this goal any nearer to reality.

Oh boy.....

Grand stuff. I remember my grandmother used to talk about my grandad.

He thought Stalin was standing up to the west.

Look how that turned out.

Oh, and by the way. Does standing up to the west include shooting down a civilian aircraft over Ukraine?

Wait wait... I know you'll say nothing proved etc..

Nothing was proved about the Russian massacre of Polish officers either until not too long ago.

Look at history and you'll see that politics is a circle. GO far enough left and you'll see a mirror image of yourself called Nazism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Right wing members of Israel parliament are just intelligent extremists.

Israel sympathizers control hollywood, majority of western media.

Mod: RiteofPassage do not post in this thread again, we've already banned a poster for Jewish Conspiracy Theory stuff. Boards has a CT forum, you are welcome to use it, politics is not for that stuff.

General Note: Any more posts about Jewish Conspiracy Theory stuff will result in bans, no more warnings. Thank you.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod: RiteofPassage will not be with us for a while, so please refrain from replying to him as he wont have a chance to reply. Also do not argue moderation in thread, pm the mods instead. ANY TYPE OF JEWS CONTROL THE MEDIA STUFF, OR JEWS ARE INTELLIGENT AND CAN PROVIDE EFFECTIVE GLOBAL LEADERSHIP, WILL RESULT IN INSTANT LONG BANS AS OUTLINED IN THE OP.

Posters should not argue mod decisions, mainly because you don't have the full information that we have. Thanks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence! Outside of the fact that they were killed by Israeli weapons, which has been stipulated to by all parties, there is nothing else we know about how or why they ended up dead. The four questions, of which I don't think anyone outside or the Israeli military knows, are if the targeter knew that there were people even present, were the kids deliberately targeted, did the targeter know that they were kids, and if the targeter did know that they were kids, did he have a good reason, given the facts as he knew them, for shooting anyway? It would -appear- that e answe to the latter is "no", but you are clairvoyant if you know the answers to the others.

I have no idea. And if you think about it rationally, neither do you. Heck, reports can't even come to a conclusion about what system was used. I've seen air strike, naval gunfire, artillery, and helicopter gunship all used. (Israelis apparently say naval gunfire)

It's extremely nasty and has significant PR issues, but cooking people isn't inherently a war crime. As long as not delivered by aircraft over a civilian area (a law put into place after Dresden and Tokyo firebombings) the weapon falls under the same rules and regulations as any other weapon, and it is legal to use WP against both personnel and equipment. (To respond to the technical question, WP is used for smoke over conventional smoke rounds because it creates a screen far faster. The usual technique is to seed with WP, then feed with conventional smoke)

From your quote above:

>> "did the targeter know that they were kids, and if the targeter did know that they were kids, did he have a good reason, given the facts as he knew them, for shooting anyway?"

What 'good' reason could there possibly be for 'shooting them anyway?' ?? A bunch of kids on a beach?

Lost for words..

The question remains unanswered - did the shooter knowthe children were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

Israel V Palestine is a fight that been going on for years with no end in sight.
    The reason there is no end in sight is it is a Death by a thousands cuts. A few hundred deaths each time they fight does not bring them to there senses, it only makes each side dig in even more.
    Neither side has suffered enough too really want peace, the whole world should step aside and let them at it.
    A few thousand dead on each side will bring them to there senses, any war mongering politicians in charge when that happens will be gone over night. The people will demand peace on both sides.
    The world has got to be cruel to be kind, when enough have died, those who are left will demand peace.
    This conflict of a few hundred dead each year will go on forever, politicians will be able to spin to suit there agenda.
    500 dead every year and the status quo remains the same until the end of time, but 10,000 dead in one year will be the end of it. The world will demand peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

Please , spare your 8-9 minutes and listen this guy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGltLNSgeE

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    From your quote above:

What 'good' reason could there possibly be for 'shooting them anyway?' ?? A bunch of kids on a beach?

I said "shooting anyway", not "shooting them anyway." The difference being that in the first case the intended target would be something else, such as the shipping container which according to some reports was what they were shooting at to begin with, or maybe some other reason which was not within the knowledge of witnesses, the other implies that the individuals themselves were the intended targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

newbie13 wrote: »
    Please , spare your 8-9 minutes and listen this guy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGltLNSgeE

Although he makes good points in this video, the man is a hypocrite and vermin.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Although he makes good points in this video, the man is a hypocrite and vermin.

How is he vermin? I think the world would be a better place if the likes of himself where in positions of power.

• Advertisement

How is he vermin? I think the world would be a better place if the likes of himself where in positions of power.

Do you know anything abot this man or have you just heard about him?

Yes, he has storng views - do I agree with him? Not always.

Has he been right in the past about things that others weren't (incl myself in this) ?

Yes

Does this mean his views are always the right ones for humanity as awhole?
    I don't think so.

He does not recognise Israel's right to exist - problem.
    Therefore no matter what Israel does it will be wrong in his view.

He has strong views and he is entitled to them.
    I don't think he is a hypocrite I just think he needs to take a breath of air and step down form his preacher's stool for aminute.

If not, he will be the same as those he opposes.

All talk and no ears.

Do you know anything abot this man or have you just heard about him?

Yes, he has storng views - do I agree with him? Not always.

Has he been right in the past about things that others weren't (incl myself in this) ?

Yes

Does this mean his views are always the right ones for humanity as awhole?
    I don't think so.

He does not recognise Israel's right to exist - problem.
    Therefore no matter what Israel does it will be wrong in his view.

He has strong views and he is entitled to them.
    I don't think he is a hypocrite I just think he needs to take a breath of air and step down form his preacher's stool for aminute.

If not, he will be the same as those he opposes.

All talk and no ears.

Yes I do know a lot about him, I admire him for his honesty and standing up to bully nations like the Israeli's, U.S and even Britain. He talks sense 99% of the time. If he was in power instead of the warmonger Blair I am sure Britain wouldn't be in the mess it is now with regards to the middle east.

Yes I do know a lot about him, I admire him for his honesty and standing up to bully nations like the Israeli's, U.S and even Britain. He talks sense 99% of the time. If he was in power instead of the warmonger Blair I am sure Britain wouldn't be in the mess it is now with regards to the middle east.
    No disresepect meant but I do think you are being somewhat naiive about this man.

He is far left and that is as bad as far right.

Now you may be right that Britain mignt not be in the position it is re: Mid East but then again Britain has never been in a good spot there - not since they shafted the new Israeli state back in 1948 by handing the 7 high points to the Arab Legion when they should have handed then to the newly founded State of Israel.

Back to the main point however.

Mr Galloway for all his convictions is dangerous.

If he had been in charge in the 1930's the Britain would never have taken on Hitler and succumbed to Stanin''s sweet words until it was too late and the world would have seen a new dark age of violence even worse than it is seeing now.

Do not let yourself be taken in by anyone's convicetions.

If he had been in charge in the 1930's the Britain would never have taken on Hitler and succumbed to Stanin''s sweet words until it was too late and the world would have seen a new dark age of violence even worse than it is seeing now.

Do not let yourself be taken in by anyone's convicetions.

He has said before he would of being the first in line to tackle Hitler. I think your been a bit harsh on the man.

I stand corrected so.

How about Stalin?

Did he mention him in the same or later statements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

You are aware that he was quite friendly and cushy with Saddam Huasain and Bashar al-Assad, so I wouldn't want him anywhere near a position of power.

• Advertisement

Of course the main point here is to see that all dictators are a danger not only to the people they 'serve' but to those too 'ignorant' to see they are being manipulated.

Gintonious wrote: »
    You are aware that he was quite friendly and cushy with Saddam Huasain and Bashar al-Assad, so I wouldn't want him anywhere near a position of power.

And the Yanks and Brits weren't?? It wasnt long ago that Assad was sleeping in Buckingham Palace. Sure wasnt Tony Blair best mates with Gaddaffi when he was Prime Minister?

Out of curiousity, what's going on over on the West Bank side of things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Out of curiousity, what's going on over on the West Bank side of things?

Not a heck of a lot, the usual stone throwing etc. There were celebrations in Jerusalem over the alleged capture of an Israeli soldier in Gaza.

The other main news from the West Bank is that the main suspect in the murder of Abu Khader has been named at his arraignment http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183126#.U80RI_ldV8G

Health ministry in Gaza now reporting the use of white phosporus by the Israelis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

steveblack wrote: »
    Israel V Palestine is a fight that been going on for years with no end in sight.
    The reason there is no end in sight is it is a Death by a thousands cuts. A few hundred deaths each time they fight does not bring them to there senses, it only makes each side dig in even more.
    Neither side has suffered enough too really want peace, the whole world should step aside and let them at it.
    A few thousand dead on each side will bring them to there senses, any war mongering politicians in charge when that happens will be gone over night. The people will demand peace on both sides.
    The world has got to be cruel to be kind, when enough have died, those who are left will demand peace.
    This conflict of a few hundred dead each year will go on forever, politicians will be able to spin to suit there agenda.
    500 dead every year and the status quo remains the same until the end of time, but 10,000 dead in one year will be the end of it. The world will demand peace.

You mean genocide should be allowed to happen. This isnt a fair fight, that is clear. A man with a stone is no match for a man with a gun

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

Warper wrote: »
    . This isnt a fair fight, that is clear. A man with a stone is no match for a man with a gun

If the world let them at it, how long do you think israel could keep this level of fighting going if the USA was not resupplying them with weapons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any credible sources to verify the use of white phosphorus by the IDF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

If the world let them at it, how long do you think israel could keep this level of fighting going if the USA was not resupplying them with weapons?

Israel has, by necessity, developed one of the biggest armaments industries in the world, most of it's spending is on weapons developed and made in Israel, hell the Irish army has bought drones from Israeli companies.

It's to the point that Israel Military Industries is the only approved foreign supplier of ammunition for the US Army. Things have progressed a long way since the 1973 war when the Israelis were dependent on US munitions deliveries. Indeed, that dependency back then is precisely why the Israelis decided to become self-sufficient. It would take a full scale regional war before the Israelis start to run out of ammo.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Any credible sources to verify the use of white phosphorus by the IDF?

No reason to believe it's not true. They'll use it if they feel it required, no laws against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

No reason to believe it's not true. They'll use it if they feel it required, no laws against it.
    I know that, but the only report I've seen is from an Iranian station and a few claims on twitter. There have been journalists in Gaza tweeting all day about the bombing etc. but no one has mentioned white phosphorous.

No laws against using a highly toxic gas on a civilian population?

No laws against using a highly toxic gas on a civilian population?
    No. But as I said before it wasn't being used as a gas. It is an element of creating smokescreens to assist troop movements.

The IDF also stated they would take white phos out of their shells.

Where is the proof of this alleged use?

People need to be careful to avoid trotting out allegations. There is enough horror in Gaza as it is without people throwing half truths around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

No. But as I said before it wasn't being used as a gas. It is an element of creating smokescreens to assist troop movements.

The IDF also stated they would take white phos out of their shells.

Where is the proof of this alleged use?

People need to be careful to avoid trotting out allegations. There is enough horror in Gaza as it is without people throwing half truths around.

I would say that distinction would be lost on the people vomiting the linings of their throats and lungs up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement