Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel bombs 160 sites in Gaza overnight. Mod Warnings in First Post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

seanaway wrote: »
    Leftist wrote: »
    Israel is a western ally.

'' ....actually insults the sincerity of genuine ant-semitism.''

What a viscious statement.

What does that even mean ? :confused:

I think the French foreign minister came up with the potential solution today.

This needs to be taken out of Israel's control. They are clearly not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

seanaway wrote: »

What a viscious statement.

explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Reports of Hamas arresting people who protested against them in Gaza and executing at least 30 people, free speech in action in Gaza eh.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183741#.U-Cy0_ldV8E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Reports of Hamas arresting people who protested against them in Gaza and executing at least 30 people, free speech in action in Gaza eh.

Yeah, that was from a week ago, have yet to see anywhere that isn't an Israeli news source report that either, for some reason.

In fact a lot of the claims only seem to show up in Israeli media, like Hamas firing from near a hospital, and yet media organization from the rest of the world, haven't found any such evidence...... Seems to me that sections of the Israeli media are acting as war cheerleaders, and not news organizations.

The few who remain after a most indiscriminate massacre.

2 wrongs don't make a right. Never was that phrase more apt that in this conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

walshb wrote: »
    There is conflicts and deaths all over the world, but when Israel are involved it always seems to bring out the masses here.

Maybe because this conflict has been going on for decades and the Palestinians have had not only there land taken but have suffered mass genocide for too long against one of the strongest armies on the planet. People are sick to there stomach of the treatment of innocent Palestinians and rightfully so.

wes wrote: »
    Yeah, that was from a week ago, have yet to see anywhere that isn't an Israeli news source report that either, for some reason.

In fact a lot of the claims only seem to show up in Israeli media, like Hamas firing from near a hospital, and yet media organization from the rest of the world, haven't found any such evidence...... Seems to me that sections of the Israeli media are acting as war cheerleaders, and not news organizations.

Western reporters in Gaza see what Hamas want them to see. Israeli news organizations would have their own network of contacts with palestinians built up over decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Western reporters in Gaza see what Hamas want them to see. Israeli news organizations would have their own network of contacts with palestinians built up over decades.

Do you not think Israeli news organisations would be biased towards there own country in news reports?

Western reporters in Gaza see what Hamas want them to see.

According to you. Seems to me, they have free reign, as Hamas were rather busy fighting the IDF.
    Israeli news organizations would have their own network of contacts with palestinians built up over decades.

They would also have a rather clear bias, as evidenced by the war cheer leading they have been engaged. For example, after the 3 settler teenagers were kidnapped, the Israeli media received a gag order to stop them reporting that they were taught to be dead and that Hamas weren't involved, now I don't expect the Israeli media to break this order, but the fact that they egged the whole thing on, while knowing the truth, destroys there credibility imho.

Also, the fact that the Israeli government can gag anything the media reports, for dubious reasons, also means that the Israeli media can't be trusted. Even if they had information that says something different, they can't report it, and we won't know until long after. So, even if a Israeli media organization are fair and balanced in there reporting, we have no idea if there being gagged by there government, as they were earlier in regards to the kidnap and murder of the 3 settler teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hamas has enough to be dealing with when fighting the might of the Israeli war machine to then have to be fighting against Palestinians as well. Not surprised they were executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Do you think israeli reporters are going to have anywhere near the same exposure to events on the ground in gaza as a foreign news agency?

walshb wrote: »
    Hamas has enough to be dealing with when fighting the might of the Israeli war machine to then have to be fighting against Palestinians as well. Not surprised they were executed.

Hamas' strategy is a v poor one. It's like a pauper trying to outbid a millionaire at an auction.

What they ought to be doing is trying to befriend the millionaire (US) or some other wealthy and powerful nation.

They are only bringing misery on their innocent people, and there is no country on Earth more willing to give it to them than Israel.

Rightwing wrote: »

They are only bringing misery on their innocent people, and there is no country on Earth more willing to give it to them than Israel.

They are in a horrendous position. Very sad that Gaza has been so badly beaten up. I think I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts, but it's like a big brute of a man fending off a slightly built woman. No need to be heavy handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Hamas' strategy is a v poor one. It's like a pauper trying to outbid a millionaire at an auction.

What they ought to be doing is trying to befriend the millionaire (US) or some other wealthy and powerful nation.

Also, there is no other country that could/ is allowed, to get away with, what Israel does. So Hamas is not going to win with it's current strategy, IMO. Israel is not prepared to deal with Hamas, other than with violence. It's a nightmare situation for the people living in the middle of these two.

Leftist wrote: »
    Do you think israeli reporters are going to have anywhere near the same exposure to events on the ground in gaza as a foreign news agency?

Foreign new agencies only get the exposure that their chaperones in Gaza let them have. That's why you get the pictures of dead children but not of dead hamas fighters, Hamas knows how to get it's message out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Foreign new agencies only get the exposure that their chaperones in Gaza let them have. That's why you get the pictures of dead children but not of dead hamas fighters, Hamas knows how to get it's message out.

The IDF has veto over all footage shot in any of the occupied territories with regards to Israeli TV.

Not to mention this kind of carry on

http://www.ifj.org/nc/news-single-view/backpid/191/article/intimidation-and-violence-against-palestinian-journalists-must-end-now/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/world/middleeast/foreign-correspondents-in-israel-are-targets-of-intimidation.html?_r=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is it really worth killing ten innocents for every fighter though?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Is it really worth killing ten innocents for every fighter though?

And every innocent person that's killed, anger just builds up amongst the population. Just looking at Gaza now, what future have these young men you'd wonder? I know where the obvious answer.

Did Israel ever have the IQ to ask themselves that very question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

It's much more likely that if you were to film a dead palestinian, that it would be an innocent one though. No need to try and wrap it in a conspiracy. That's just the law of averages at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't know which thread to post this in. Do we really need three threads on the same subject in one forum? Anyway…

Now that some journalists are leaving Gaza, they are able to report the truth without fear of reprisals from Hamas.

Notice also this journalist is human shields in the correct context, not in the absurdly overly dramatised of actually people strapped to Hamas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's fine, this thread is more for current events, but as is the nature of these threads will go off topic a bit.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Now that some journalists are leaving Gaza, they are able to report the truth without fear of reprisals from Hamas.

Yup, now that they're out of range of Hamas threats and intimidation, some honest journalists are posting what Hamas don't want the world to see

Also an Italian journalist has confirmed that the "attack" on the Shati refugee camp was an errant Hamas rocket http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183509#.U-IlyvldV8F

It's estimated that at least 10% of Hamas rockets never make it out of Gaza, the inevitable casualties then get blamed on Israel.

Yup, now that they're out of range of Hamas threats and intimidation, some honest journalists are posting what Hamas don't want the world to see

Also an Italian journalist has confirmed that the "attack" on the Shati refugee camp was an errant Hamas rocket http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183509#.U-IlyvldV8F

It's estimated that at least 10% of Hamas rockets never make it out of Gaza, the inevitable casualties then get blamed on Israel.

Look at all those kids playing around it. :eek:

No wonder so many kids have been killed or injured.

I don't know which thread to post this in. Do we really need three threads on the same subject in one forum? Anyway…

Notice also this journalist is human shields in the correct context, not in the absurdly overly dramatised of actually people strapped to Hamas.

Interesting, that NDTV claim there Hamas... How exactly did they come to conclusion, seeing as they aren't wearing any uniforms or can be identified in any other way........

Still, lets say it was Hamas, I fail to see how all the various instance, where the IDF deliberately fired on civilians can be excuse, the example of the UN school, where they were told 17 times civilians were there, or the murder of the 4 kids playing on a beach, with no Hamas anywhere near them. Plenty of example of the deliberate murder of civilians on the part of the IDF.

Interesting, that NDTV claim there Hamas... How exactly did they come to conclusion, seeing as they aren't wearing any uniforms or can be identified in any other way........

I know, right?

Any reporting that isn't anti Israel must be Israeli payed propaganda.

I take it at face value. I don't see what need they would have, to lie.

I know, right?

Its a simple question. How did they know it was Hamas, and not any of the other groups firing rockets in Gaza?
    Any reporting that isn't anti Israel must be Israeli payed propaganda.

I never claimed that at all. Still my question remains. How exactly did they come there conclusion.
    I take it at face value. I don't see what need they would have, to lie.

Who said they were lieing? I asked a simple question, I wonder how they knew they were Hamas? Surely asking a simple question as to how they came to there conclusion is a valid one, considering Hamas aren't the only ones firing rockets in Gaza.....

Its a simple question. How did they know it was Hamas, and not any of the other groups firing rockets in Gaza?

I never claimed that at all. Still my question remains. How exactly did they come there conclusion.

Who said they were lieing? I asked a simple question, I wonder how they knew they were Hamas? Surely asking a simple question as to how they came to there conclusion is a valid one, considering Hamas aren't the only ones firing rockets in Gaza.....

My seriously doubt anything happens in Gaza without Hamas's knowledge.

My seriously doubt anything happens in Gaza without Hamas's knowledge.

Really? How do you figure that exactly? Why did Hamas have to setup a group to specifically stop other groups from firing rockets, before Netanyahu kicked off the most recent conflict? Surely, if they knew everyone happening in Gaza, there would be no need, and the could put a stop to that from the get go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

And so life resumes to normal in this shining light of a democracy in the mid east.
    IDF orders West Bank village land seized for settler road
    The 6.4-dunam (slightly over an acre) plot is owned by Palestinians. The road, like Amona itself, was built without a permit.
    Ah who needs silly things like permits or land deeds when you have god and a Merkava tank on your side.

And so life resumes to normal in this shining light of a democracy in the mid east.
    IDF orders West Bank village land seized for settler road

Ah who needs silly things like permits or land deeds when you have god and a Merkava tank on your side.

The funny thing is that seizing private land is apparently against Israeli law..... What chance do Palestinians have, when the IDF doesn't even respect there own countries law, let alone international law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

The funny thing is that seizing private land is apparently against Israeli law..... What chance do Palestinians have, when the IDF doesn't even respect there own countries law, let alone international law?
    Those in charge havent the balls to do anything about it. I wonder what "thing" israel have on all of them that they wont do anything. Condemnations and strongly worded letters dont count as doing something. Does it?

shedweller wrote: »
    Those in charge havent the balls to do anything about it. I wonder what "thing" israel have on all of them that they wont do anything. Condemnations and strongly worded letters dont count as doing something. Does it?

Israel has lost the respect of the people of the world, but unfortunately not the leaders of the western world. Leaders of countries in the western world tend to greedy and admire the Israeli style of brutality.

Israel has lost the respect of the people of the world, but unfortunately not the leaders of the western world. Leaders of countries in the western world tend to greedy and admire the Israeli style of brutality.

Democracy, the way they would really like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Nodin wrote: »
    Sorry, you stated "We're not far behind the French as regards anti Semitism. " - Would you care to back that up?

Apparently, not being supportive of the State of Israel renders one "anti Semitic"??

Apparently, not being supportive of the State of Israel renders one "anti Semitic"??

No, it does not.

But are very quick to impose sanctions on whomever they like, apart from israel of course.
    I sometimes wonder how much could israel do before we imposed sanctions or just flat out invaded with troops on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I sometimes wonder how much could israel do before we imposed sanctions or just flat out invaded with troops on the ground?

Well Ireland isn't going to invade any country anytime soon.

As for economic sanctions, if the Arab nations don't, what hope there the rest of the world?

Well Ireland isn't going to invade any country anytime soon.

As for economic sanctions, if the Arab nations don't, what hope there the rest of the world?
    Ya. I meant the world. Should have been clearer.
    And other countries have had sanctions imposed for less or similar. There needs to be solutions to this or the same crimes will be committed by israel time and time again until they have all of Palestine.
    And we'll debate and argue the details while it happens.

Ya. I meant the world. Should have been clearer.
    And other countries have had sanctions imposed for less or similar. There needs to be solutions to this or the same crimes will be committed by israel time and time again until they have all of Palestine.
    And we'll debate and argue the details while it happens.

Europe feels guilty after what happened in WW2. Israel knows this and exploits it to the full.

• Advertisement

Europe feels guilty after what happened in WW2. Israel knows this and exploits it to the full.

And the other 140 countries of the world....especially the Muslim ones?

Are they bound by your theory too?

Whatever excuse, the inaction of the world is stark.

And the other 140 countries of the world....especially the Muslim ones?

Are they bound by your theory too?

Whatever excuse, the inaction of the world is stark.

Countries are in Africa are busy trying to feed themselves.

Countries like Brazil/SA have criticised Israel, wuthdraw ambassadors etc

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Asks the Gazans if its helping....

If a few chastised ambassadors is as much action as the world can muster its pretty damning of the international community.

Asks the Gazans if its helping....

If a few chastised ambassadors is as much action as the world can muster its pretty damning of the international community.

I agree. Just shows that those countries are prepared to make a small point though have some morals.

I wouldn't expect any of the countries with lets say a 'history of invasions' to be making noise.

I agree. Just shows that those countries are prepared to make a small point though have some morals.

I wouldn't expect any of the countries with lets say a 'history of invasions' to be making noise.

Nobody wants to upset Uncle Sam, that is the sum of it. Pathetic. Sanctions against Russia are fine lol, until they come back to bite. The Russians putting a ban on our exports and those of the EU. It's gotta hurt.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Nobody wants to upset Uncle Sam, that is the sum of it. Pathetic. Sanctions against Russia are fine lol, until they come back to bite. The Russians putting a ban on our exports and those of the EU. It's gotta hurt.

I agree about the sanctions.
    It could hurt big time, but probably not the way you are thinking.

Financial markets are starting to get extremely nervous. America has taken on so much debt it can't afford the stock market to crash. If there is a crash the world will probably enter a depression.

• Advertisement

Hamas broke the ceasefire even before it was officially due to end. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183847#.U-RalPldV8E

These idiots are obviously willing to put people at risk for their own twisted agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

18 rockets sent into Israel by Hamas this morning, and we all know what the Israeli reprisal is going to be. Hamas are just as responsible as the Israelis for the slaughter of their own people.

18 rockets sent into Israel by Hamas this morning, and we all know what the Israeli reprisal is going to be. Hamas are just as responsible as the Israelis for the slaughter of their own people.

Islamists measure victory in the blood of their own, as much as the blood of their enemies. That much is obvious.

Though, was today's rocket attacks caused by Hamas?
    Have they claimed responsibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Islamists measure victory in the blood of their own, as much as the blood of their enemies. That much is obvious.

Though, was today's rocket attacks caused by Hamas?
    Have they claimed responsibility?

If the rockets are coming from Gaza, I'd say it's a good bet that Hamas are responsible.

The more they continue with this insanity, the more misery will be piled upon the Palestinians. Is it any wonder that the Israelis won't lift the blockade? If they lift the blockade, it will only give Hamas a lot more opportunity to procure even more weaponry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

That's a contender for ridiculous post of the year.
    The woman was asking to be raped in that skirt kinda thing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement