Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre/Evision installation

Options
  • 09-07-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I am due to get eFibre and eVision installed tomorrow. I was just wondering if both will be installed on the same visit? Also, what exactly does the install entail? My phone socket is on the opposite side of the room from the TV. Will they need to run a cable across and if so what is involved, drilling etc??

I would just like to know as I am in rented accommodation so I need to look into what is permitted and what is not. Not necessarily looking for a response from a rep, just anyone that has had it installed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kel98 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am due to get eFibre and eVision installed tomorrow. I was just wondering if both will be installed on the same visit? Also, what exactly does the install entail? My phone socket is on the opposite side of the room from the TV. Will they need to run a cable across and if so what is involved, drilling etc??

I would just like to know as I am in rented accommodation so I need to look into what is permitted and what is not. Not necessarily looking for a response from a rep, just anyone that has had it installed.

Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi kel98

In most cases the efibre & evision is installed at the same time, while there can be exceptions to this on occasion this cannot be foreseen until installation.

I can confirm that a wire will need to be run from the modem to the evision box - this would not require drilling through walls but will require basic tacking of the cable along to the position you intend the evision box to be (usually along skirting board so it's not really seen).

Thanks
    Al

[/font]

Advertisement