Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi fare - Drogheda to Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 09-07-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the ballpark fare is for a taxi going from Drogheda to Dublin Airport? Just with one of the local firms, e.g. Caffrey's or Sullivans, etc.

All recommendations welcome! Time would be around early am..

I am guessing around €40.

Also the fare from Dublin Airport back to Drogheda I am guessing would be much the same?

Comments

you could ring and ask them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Most should do it for 50-55 quid, and may even strike a deal if you ask them to do both directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Early morning fare, plenty of drivers will snap your hand off to do it for 50 euro max.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

urbanledge wrote: »
    you could ring and ask them?

Or wait for some answers and recommendations from a variety of people here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

http://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-fare-estimator/

Suggests €68-€80 that's travelling at a premium time (between 8pm and 8am) with pre-booking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Most accurate reply would be to a phone call to some of the taxi firms. Quicker too.

Most accurate reply would be to a phone call to some of the taxi firms. Quicker too.

Yeah going to do that now too. I don't trust the taxi calculators either, as they can only be rough estimates or just wrong.

I am guessing around €50 as Dublin - Drogheda is usually around €80 (depending on time of day). I actually think Sullivan cabs might do a €50 airport deal. Or it could be €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

There is a 6am bus from the bus depot direct to the airport , takes 35 mins or so . That could be a cheaper option for you also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

andrew1977 wrote: »
    There is a 6am bus from the bus depot direct to the airport , takes 35 mins or so . That could be a cheaper option for you also.

Yes the 100X - excellent service , runs every hour , on the hour, non-stop Drogheda to Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Front page of the leader says Sullivans does it from 40€ www.droghedaleader.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

riveratom wrote: »
    Or wait for some answers and recommendations from a variety of people here ;)

Yeah, a variety of people who do not know the exact answer to your question!

Just ring them will you and stop wasting everyone else's time!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

Can vouch for sullivans. Get them a few times a year. 45euro each way im charged

Yeah, a variety of people who do not know the exact answer to your question!

Just ring them will you and stop wasting everyone else's time!

Go read my OP again and tell me where I was looking for an exact answer. Don't bother posting and you'll save your own time! You don't speak for everyone else who is freely giving of their time. Probably because, you know, that's how a forum generally works.

Front page of the leader says Sullivans does it from 40€ www.droghedaleader.ie

Yep that's what I recalled myself! I was pretty sure it was €40 alright.

Advertisement