Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with O2 Handset

Options
  • 09-07-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Everyone

I'm just looking for advice on the below. I purchased a new iPhone 5s from an o2 store this day last week. I've been having some problems with it since. At times, the home button can take up to 7 pushes to work, it freezes if I'm using an application and a phone call comes in so that I can't answer the call and sometimes the phone can become unresponsive to touch - so that I have to switch it off to get it to work again.

I took it back into the o2 store today and told them about the problems. Typically, when they used it for a minute, the problems didn't arise so they say they can't do anything about it. They did let me know that I have 28 days to come back to them with it, but that they'll have to see the problem in action. Now I completely understand that they do need to see it happen, rather than take my word so I agreed to leave and come back again when it's happening.

There's just a small niggle in the back of my mind that I have more rights in the first 7 days. They assistant in the store told me this wasn't so - but I just wanted to check here for advice that I amen't missing some important deadline. It was an expensive purchase and so far their advice is that maybe I have too much on it - but it's only half full.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hi Everyone

I'm just looking for advice on the below. I purchased a new iPhone 5s from an o2 store this day last week. I've been having some problems with it since. At times, the home button can take up to 7 pushes to work, it freezes if I'm using an application and a phone call comes in so that I can't answer the call and sometimes the phone can become unresponsive to touch - so that I have to switch it off to get it to work again.

I took it back into the o2 store today and told them about the problems. Typically, when they used it for a minute, the problems didn't arise so they say they can't do anything about it. They did let me know that I have 28 days to come back to them with it, but that they'll have to see the problem in action. Now I completely understand that they do need to see it happen, rather than take my word so I agreed to leave and come back again when it's happening.

There's just a small niggle in the back of my mind that I have more rights in the first 7 days. They assistant in the store told me this wasn't so - but I just wanted to check here for advice that I amen't missing some important deadline. It was an expensive purchase and so far their advice is that maybe I have too much on it - but it's only half full.

Thanks in advance.

Legally speaking you're not entitled to a return in 7 days, some networks allow a change of mind within 7 days in store, O2 and I think Vodafone and Three do not. O2 used to do so.

They have to verify the fault in store because if the phone is later returned as working fine, quite often the staff member is charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

In order for a iPhone to be replaced under its warranty, it must be sent back to Apple.

A bit of a pain, but you can call Apple yourself and they will oblige by sending a courier out to pick up the iPhone of you, or you can simply drop back to the O2 store and they will send it back to Apple on your behalf.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I'd deal with Apple directly instead of o2, if apple confirm a fault id expect o2 to credit back the period you are without a phone.... While apple repair it.

Advertisement