Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling direct debit

Options
  • 09-07-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

I tried doing it over the phone but after all the details and so on I was told I couldn't do it over the phone. I've got 2 babies so going into the bank and waiting around is not an option and my insurance company advised me to cancel it by closing time tomorrow.. Is there anything I can do? I don't have online banking set up just yet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Synyster Shadow,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You can cancel a direct debit via 365 Online, to get set up straight away for online banking please call our activation team on 1890 365 500. More information can be found here 

Alternatively, you can download the form to cancel a direct debit on our website here 

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

How do i get the Unique mandate reference

Hi Synyster Shadow,

Yes, if you call 1890 365 500 and speak to the Activation Team they will get you set up. You will need your account number and you will be asked some verification questions.

Details on the activation process can be found here 

Thanks

Nicola

How do i get the Unique mandate reference
    Hi Synyster Shadow,

I just noticed you have edited your question, once you are registered for 365 Online you will be able to retrieve the Unique Mandate Reference from the direct debit payment in your recent transactions.

Alternatively, the UMR can be obtained from the company that the direct debit payment is going to. If you contact them directly they will be able to provide you with this information.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement