Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a cat license wtf?

• 09-07-2014 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

first dogs now a cat license on the way i am learning.

this country is losing the run of itself.

no way i am licensing all my cats. even at 5euro a cat i'd be looking at 200 euro in total. ffs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

no way i am licensing all my cats. even at 5euro a cat i'd be looking at 200 euro in total. ffs

Anyone with that many pussies should have to pay more! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I see no problem. If dogs have to be licenced so should cats. I'd also support mandatory microchipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You have 40 cats? Are you farming them for their fur or their meat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Somebodies been watching too many Monty Python repeats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

crazy cat man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

if they come looking for money of me i'll just tell them take the cats. my largest cat bruno would tear their faces off anyway. he s a mean machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

If there's gonna be a cat license, does that mean there will be legal ownership and responsibility?
    will be interesting to see how that affects cats straying into gardens and the like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

An animal that isn't suitable for a leash , such as a cat and likes to wander off by itself isn't suited to urban living.
    Cats should be banned from our towns and cities totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    An animal that isn't suitable for a leash , such as a cat and likes to wander off by itself isn't suited to urban living.

I don't agree with that, but I do think that owners should be responsible for them and that they shouldn't be allowed to roam freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lala_Moore

A license for a cat whaaaaaaat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

People want rights when it comes to their cats but none of the responsibilities. Im all for a cat license and hopefully it makes people think twice about leting their cats go wherever they want and use whoevers garden they want as a toilet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lala_Moore

Majority of folk I know are responsible cat owners, I myself don't own any but this is stupid, its probably not going to be enforced properly any way , just for the government to get more money....dog licences have not stopped idiots who think leash rules do not apply to them, doubt it will for cats.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm against. Another disguised tax and another creeping state intervention into private life. Most people are responsible pet-owners, having to pay a tax into the bloated state will not alleviate issues with poor owners.

ZeroThreat wrote: »

One of the most hated counter arguments coming up: "On the continent".

On the continent, cats live in urban areas, and don't roam, or trespass on others property, and somehow, the cats don't descend into alcoholism as a result of the captivity. Owners who want their cats to be out and about, train them to walk on a leash and bring them on the tram and the bus.

People who dont act responsibly should be banned outright.
    I'm against. Another disguised tax and another creeping state intervention into private life. Most people are responsible pet-owners, having to pay a tax into the bloated state will not alleviate issues with poor owners.

If this was going into animal welfare services then I would be all for it. However, Im inclined to agree with you, that its going back into the hole to pay for the bloated health and social bills.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, before this conversation continues, would you be good enough to provide a link that backs up what you're hearing?
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

kylith wrote: »
    I don't agree with that, but I do think that owners should be responsible for them and that they shouldn't be allowed to roam freely.

I'd happily abide by this with respect to my cat if my neighbours abided by it with respect to their progeny.

kylith wrote: »

It's virtually impossible to stop a cat from travelling, unless it's keep indoors all the time. Even if you try fencing off your garden, a cat will find someway out, they're amazingly agile and dexterous animals.

Btw, when were these new cat licenses announce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I think it's a wind up lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,062 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rabbits next :pac:

DBB wrote: »
    OP, before this conversation continues, would you be good enough to provide a link that backs up what you're hearing?
    Thanks,
    DBB

A quick google turns up nothing.

IBTL...

• Advertisement

Hello, this is an announcement.

I am the wallet inspector. Please open your wallets and present them for inspection.

Thank you.

They'd probably bring in more money if they charged a special levy on boob jobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭samantha fortune

why would u need 40 cats .... zero cats is more than enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

syklops wrote: »
    A quick google turns up nothing.

IBTL...

Which is why I asked for a link, because I'm pretty sure the op is winding ye all up.
    OP, I'm locking this thread now. By all means pm me to reopen it when you find a link to back up your thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement