Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 10 Mile Race in Cork City - Sept 14

Options
  • 09-07-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2014/07/blarney-half-marathon-in-september.html

St Finbarrs AC have replaced their annual half marathon in Blarney with a 10 miler in the the city which takes in the Marina/Blackrock etc.
    A nice route.

Takes place on Sunday 14th September, with Charleville Half Marathon on 21st & Cork to Cobh 15 mile race on 28th.

Pick your Dublin Marathon training runs from that bunch! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Very fast course, run majority of it several times a week. Pity so close to the Charleville Half thou. Will be doing Charleville instead I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

viperlogic wrote: »
    Very fast course, run majority of it several times a week. Pity so close to the Charleville Half thou. Will be doing Charleville instead I'd say

I was thinking of doing both... Am I fooling myself and putting myself under too much pressure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I for one am delighted to see a ten miler in Cork at this time of year so am glad Finbarrs have changed to this. The marina will ensure very fast times as well, should attract a decent crowd.

My plan is to race this all out, and following week run 7 miles easy + Charleville at marathon pace (20m total) as a build up to DCM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Still no link for entries on the finbarrs website.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

snaphook wrote: »
    Still no link for entries on the finbarrs website.

Entries should open pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Very disappointing to hear that the half is gone. Only ran it last year for the first time and really loved it.
    Reckon the Charleville half will steal the thunder from this race IMO. If it was two weeks either side of the
    CHM i'd sign up for it no probs. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

Too bad I've already entered the Athlone half that's on the same day otherwise would have been on for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Charleville half and Cork to Cobh would be pencilled into most people's calendar this time of year so it's in for some stiff competition.

A few weeks earlier and this would attract more numbers a reckon as would give more time for recovery etc

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Any update on when entries will be opening for this? Ta

Entries for the John Buckley Sports Cork City 10 Miler are now open.

2014RaceFlyer.jpg

You can enter direct in John Buckley Sports, by mail or online via Precision Timing.

More info on the Running in Cork site.

The 10 mile race is being organised by St.Finbarr's AC.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be running this, as work commitments have put paid to the CHM the week after. So nicely timed St.Finbarr's A.C. :D
    Looking forward to giving it a good lash as it seems to be a course that could give a pb if the weather plays ball, fingers crossed.

Mr.W

Looking forward to this, ran a 1:04:50 in the John Tracey 10 mile at the start of the year and have gone faster since during a half marathon so hoping to run around a 1:02:30 this weekend.

The latest updates for this race can be seen here... http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2014/09/preview-of-john-buckley-sports-cork.html

Just back from a very enjoyable race, made even better by sneaking in under the 65min mark. .and I mean sneak..a couple of seconds to spare! Interesting course with some nice parts down by the river and castle but there was a headwind for many miles which proved challenging for everyone I reckon. Pretty good turnout , I saw numbers around 700 and would imagine it'll only grow from here.
    Well done St.finbarrs A.C.
    Nice t-shirt btw !

Over the moon with my new PB time of 62:13 especially with that wind we had to deal with for many miles. Will write up a full race report later tonight or tomorrow. Well done St.Finbarrs on a well ran race.

Advertisement