Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holidaylettings.co.uk and payment to bank account

Options
  • 09-07-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm planning a holiday to the Costa del Sol in October and have found an apartment through Trip Advisor/Holiday Lettings. The apartment looks lovely and the price is right, but there are only three reviews (all positive I should add). The owner wants a 20% deposit transferred to her bank and the balance 6 weeks prior to arrival. Do I have any comeback on this method of payment should something go wrong? Is there any way of further vetting this apartment or anything I should look out for? It would be my first time renting an apt this way and am a bit nervous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

I've used holiday lettings a couple of times and wondered the same first time around. Check when the landlord joined holiday lettings, once they have been reg for a few years you know there should be no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

ncmc wrote: »
    Do I have any comeback on this method of payment should something go wrong?

Little or none worth talking about. you have to completely trust the person renting the apartment.

Advertisement