Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Study after 5pm City Centre

Options
  • 09-07-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know somewhere that a person could study after 5pm til about 9pm around the city centre. UCC is closed early AFAIK and the public library on grand parade closes at 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I'm not aware of anywhere. It's a long shot, but you could try the College of Commerce. They might allow you to use their facilities if you're a registered student of another institution, or for a fee. I think UCC Quadrangle Reading Room is open late but you need to be a registered student to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I think they've a place out in CUH for the med students that can be accessed by regular students too, as I remember a few months back a friend of mine had auto check in activated on her FB account which gave us bit of a fright when it stated she was out at CUH, turned out she was using some sort of study facilities out there.

Past that, I wouldn't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I'm not aware of anywhere. It's a long shot, but you could try the College of Commerce. They might allow you to use their facilities if you're a registered student of another institution, or for a fee. I think UCC Quadrangle Reading Room is open late but you need to be a registered student to use it.

Is there a few tables there to study? What about UCC library members who are not current students but have paid the years membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I imagine as long as you're a member of the library you could use it, wouldn't be full this time of year anyway. There are a lot of tables, it's the room on the ground floor facing out to the Quad. Kampus Kitchen used to be open later than most places on campus, not sure if it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

If you're really stuck there is that 24 hour cafe in Winthrop Street which I've seen people get coffee and study in. Webworkhouse/Cafe Eco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

UCC library has terrible hours for the summer alrite- there's supposed to be a food business IT centre that's open for good hours- I've still yet to find it tho :(

Advertisement