Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ebay

Options
  • 09-07-2014 3:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hello,
    I bought three Garth Brooks tickets from a seller on ebay a few months ago. Since I bought them from a third party, I contacted the seller and told her I wanted a refund. She told me she will not give me a refund, even though she will be getting the ticketmaster refund herself next week, along with the money I gave her from them. Is there anything I can do here to get her to pay me a refund, or do I just have to lie to the loss of it?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

chance a paypal claim against the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

and leave bad feedback. make it clear you feel she was morally dishonest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 gizafagila

Check the refund specifics on the actual advert before you bother with the claim. It might say no refunds given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Pay pal have certain time limits in which to raise a dispute, 45 or is it 90 days. Check that first.
    It's a shame that the only people that will double their money on this fiasco is the ticket touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

sgarvan wrote: »
    chance a paypal claim against the seller

Pretty sure there is zero protection on tickets regardless of the circumstances
    Items purchased off eBay:
    Items are eligible unless they are excluded below:
    Real estate, motor vehicles, capital equipment, travel tickets, and events tickets
    Intangible items
    Services
    Items purchased using PayPal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal

It's a shame, and I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm not sure there's anything you can do OP. It's worth trying a dispute anyway though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ebays policy
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html
    If you bought a ticket to a canceled or postponed event
    If the event was canceled: Contact your seller for more information about what to do next.
    If the event was postponed: Wait for rescheduling information. Make sure you keep your tickets. Your original tickets will still be good for the new date.

If you want a refund, open a case in the Resolution Center.

If you sold a ticket to a canceled or postponed event
    If the event was canceled: In some cases, you can get a refund from the ticket outlet automatically. In other cases, you may have to return the tickets. Please refund your buyers and ask that they return the tickets to you.
    If the event was postponed: If a buyer opens a case for a ticket refund, we encourage you to work with the buyer to resolve the issue. If the event is rescheduled, you may be able to get a refund from the ticket outlet, or you can relist the tickets.

For more details on getting a refund, contact the ticket outlet where you originally purchased your ticket.

I don't think the gigs are officially cancelled yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Send ticketmaster the numbers of the tickets and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This is the chance you take when buying tickets from touts. Those that bought tickets from an outlet and sold them on will make a considerable profit and those that bought them from the touts will be left with no sympathy from Ticketmaster.

OP, the seller you bought the tickets from clearly has no morals. Leave bad feedback and try to raise a dispute with PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Contact your bank, you might be able to do a charge back, I did this with a faulty computer component which the seller had agreed to refund me for but never did when it was after the Paypal 45 day dispute period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

If the concerts don't go ahead (I'll bet you a grand they WILL go ahead), then you just download the refund form, fill in the details and send it off.

I don't think tickets purchased online or by phone have been dispatched yet, so only tickets bought directly from an outlet are in peoples hands - therefore if you have tickets from a third party, just download the form, fill in your bank details and ticket details and send it off. All details are on ticketmaster.

In anycase, the concerts WILL proceed. I ony wish Paddy Power would take bets on all five going ahead, but they told me they don't take bets on dead certs!

• Advertisement

delahuntv wrote: »
    If the concerts don't go ahead (I'll bet you a grand they WILL go ahead), then you just download the refund form, fill in the details and send it off.

I don't think tickets purchased online or by phone have been dispatched yet, so only tickets bought directly from an outlet are in peoples hands - therefore if you have tickets from a third party, just download the form, fill in your bank details and ticket details and send it off. All details are on ticketmaster.

In anycase, the concerts WILL proceed. I ony wish Paddy Power would take bets on all five going ahead, but they told me they don't take bets on dead certs!

I also think the concerts will go ahead in some form or other but now that the promoters have started the refund procedure, new tickets would be needed for any new shows ( I think) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

emeldc wrote: »
    I also think the concerts will go ahead in some form or other but now that the promoters have started the refund procedure, new tickets would be needed for any new shows ( I think) :)

refund process starts Monday - just info has been given today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

How much does the tickets cost.

refund process starts Monday - just info has been given today.

........ and so the plot thickens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I bought mine online and got them months ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A reasonable solution would be to get face value return from seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I cannot see these shows going ahead. It would take a major climbdown by the council AND sorting of the threatened legal injunction AND Brooks to accept the messing.

Its made a mockery of our image.

I would put twenty quid on it with any one person here that 5 shows in croker are not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

There are going to be huge numbers of people in this position. Hopefully it'll make people think twice about buying from touts in the first place. How do you even know the tickets are official and not duplicates/forgeries?

I'd contact ticketmaster directly. How will the tout get the refund with no physical ticket?

How will the tout get the refund with no physical ticket?

Do they need the ticket if they paid using a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ticketmaster have details of their refund process with FAQ's here ...

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/gbrefunds.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

ruskin wrote: »
    Hello,
    I bought three Garth Brooks tickets from a seller on ebay a few months ago. Since I bought them from a third party, I contacted the seller and told her I wanted a refund. She told me she will not give me a refund, even though she will be getting the ticketmaster refund herself next week, along with the money I gave her from them. Is there anything I can do here to get her to pay me a refund, or do I just have to lie to the loss of it?:mad:

Print, complete and return WITH the Garth Brooks tickets to PO BOX 4695, Dublin 2. Refunds may take 10-21 working days to compl
    ete after receipt of the form.

https://awseu.inbenta.com/OnlineResources/ticketmasterIE_en/GARTH_BROOKS_OUTLET_SALE_REFUND_REQUEST.pdf

If the tout bought by credit card they will automatically be refunded. The third party with the ticket gets nothing. That's my understanding.

If the tout bought by credit card they will automatically be refunded. The third party with the ticket gets nothing. That's my understanding.

Yea that is mine too.

gctest50 wrote: »
    Print, complete and return WITH the Garth Brooks tickets to PO BOX 4695, Dublin 2. Refunds may take 10-21 working days to compl

https://awseu.inbenta.com/OnlineResources/ticketmasterIE_en/GARTH_BROOKS_OUTLET_SALE_REFUND_REQUEST.pdf

This cant work along side if the tout paid by credit card, surely ticketmaster wont be refunding a ticket twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

ruskin wrote: »
    Hello,
    I bought three Garth Brooks tickets

serves you right . everyone knows he has friends in low places

This cant work along side if the tout paid by credit card, surely ticketmaster wont be refunding a ticket twice.

If you buy online I don't think you get a physical ticket. You get an A4 printout with a bar code. That's all I got for the last couple of gigs I booked for, the last one being "the Eagles". Maybe someone could clarify what you got for the Brooks concert when booked online.

But surely otherwise anyone who buys a physical ticket could sell it on and then get a credit card refund? (Even if the concert wasn't cancelled). I can't ticket refunds working without a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

gctest50 wrote: »

That only applies if one bought them directly from TicketMaster, please note point 10

10. Question - I purchased tickets from unauthorised ticketing sellers. How can I get a refund?
    Answer - Individuals who purchased tickets from unauthorised ticket sellers will need to contact that ticket seller to obtain a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

What a scum bag OP but then anyone who sells tickets above face value is a scumbag IMO.

I don't think you have any comeback though. If the seller digs their heels in there's feck all you can do about it.

Wouldn't stop me trying all avenues and becoming a bit of a nuisance to them though.

• Advertisement

If you buy online I don't think you get a physical ticket. You get an A4 printout with a bar code. That's all I got for the last couple of gigs I booked for, the last one being "the Eagles". Maybe someone could clarify what you got for the Brooks concert when booked online.

Usually you can request a physical ticket, that was what seemed to be on sale on ebay. Surely no one would be silly enough to buy e-ticket on ebay? Sure the same e-ticket could be sold to dozens!

Advertisement