Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ebay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

emeldc wrote: »
    If you buy online I don't think you get a physical ticket. You get an A4 printout with a bar code. That's all I got for the last couple of gigs I booked for, the last one being "the Eagles". Maybe someone could clarify what you got for the Brooks concert when booked online.

You always get the choice of a printed (barcode) ticket or a physical (posted) ticket during the checkout process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

If you buy online I don't think you get a physical ticket. You get an A4 printout with a bar code. That's all I got for the last couple of gigs I booked for, the last one being "the Eagles". Maybe someone could clarify what you got for the Brooks concert when booked online.

Another poster now says you get the option of both at checkout, very confusing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Skid X wrote: »
    You always get the choice of a printed (barcode) ticket or a physical (posted) ticket during the checkout process.

Oh right, thanks. I never noticed that. That complicates things a bit........... Doesn't it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Ok a tout buys the ticket online via a credit card, sells it on. The tout will get refunded and will the person who does the postal return get rejected a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Another poster now says you get the option of both at checkout, very confusing to me.

When you buy from ticket master you can choose to be sent a physical ticket or an electronic ticket.

Touts tend to buy physical tickets because an e-ticket could be forwarded about and printed by many, so most people wouldn't be silly enough to buy one from a tout.

Given it's probably a physical ticket the OP has, I don't see how the tout can get a refund without it.

Of course, if the OP bought an e-ticket from a tout, all bets are off.

Also, no guarantee the tout ticket wasn't a forgery to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oh right, thanks. I never noticed that. That complicates things a bit........... Doesn't it :confused:

Not really, no. If the original buyer bought online with a card they automatically get a refund to the card. Whether the ticket itself is one you print yourself or get posted to you is irrelevant, its worthless either way.

All you can do really is to send it in and hope it was bought over the counter.

Ok a tout buys the ticket online via a credit card, sells it on. The tout will get refunded and will the person who does the postal return get rejected a refund?

Of course they will. 400,000 tickets were sold. There wont be more than 400,000 refunds issued.

Given it's probably a physical ticket the OP has, I don't see how the tout can get a refund without it.

There was nothing mentioned about having to return tickets. The opposite actually. They said if you bought online you do absolutely nothing. The refund is issued automatically.

They will refund all the credit cards then as tickets arrive in the post , any that were already refunded will be filed away neatly in the bin.

That's how it looks to me.

If you bought from a tout who bought online you won't get a refund from Ticketmaster.

When you buy from ticket master you can choose to be sent a physical ticket or an electronic ticket.

Touts tend to buy physical tickets because an e-ticket could be forwarded about and printed by many, so most people wouldn't be silly enough to buy one from a tout.

Having a physical ticket or an e-ticket makes no difference if the tout paid with a debit or credit card
    1. Question - I bought my tickets over the phone, online or on my mobile. How will I get a refund?

Answer - No action is required on your part. On 15th July a full refund including service charge will automatically be refunded to the card used to make the purchase. Please allow 7-10 working days for the refund to reach your account.

• Advertisement

If you bought one 2nd hand just forget about it. Save yourself the stress and write it off.

Skid X wrote: »
    Having a physical ticket or an e-ticket makes no difference if the tout paid with a debit or credit card

Ah, OP is buggered so. I never knew that's how ticket refunds worked. Mind you, I'd never buy a ticket from a tout.

Ah, OP is buggered so. I never knew that's how ticket refunds worked. Mind you, I'd never buy a ticket from a tout.

I reckon the OP's only chance lies with Paypal/Ebay, Ticketmaster won't help.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/gbrefunds.html
    10. Question - I purchased tickets from unauthorised ticketing sellers. How can I get a refund?
    Answer - Individuals who purchased tickets from unauthorised ticket sellers will need to contact that ticket seller to obtain a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

delahuntv wrote: »
    If the concerts don't go ahead (I'll bet you a grand they WILL go ahead)....

In anycase, the concerts WILL proceed. I ony wish Paddy Power would take bets on all five going ahead, but they told me they don't take bets on dead certs!
    Boyle sports were taking bets on it

http://sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/bookmaker-odds-suggest-all-five-gareth-brooks-concerts-not-to-played-in-croke-park/

Garth Brooks Specials
    All 5 dates to be cancelled – Evens
    What nights will the gigs go ahead if they do proceed with 3 gigs only?
    Friday, Sat, Sunday – 4/6
    Sunday, Mon, Tuesday – 2/1
    Friday, Sunday, Tuesday – 5/1

I can't see any on their site now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

There was a thead on this in adverts.ie thread. One person said to contact the seller and tell them that you will contact ticket master and tell them that you bought the ticket from an unauthorised person. I believe that this breaches the terms and conditions of the ticket and a refund will not be issued to anyone. The OP in that thread did that (after being ignored by the seller) and the seller immediately offered a refund to the OP. Worth a shot. Nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

joeguevara wrote: »
    There was a thead on this in adverts.ie thread. One person said to contact the seller and tell them that you will contact ticket master and tell them that you bought the ticket from an unauthorised person. I believe that this breaches the terms and conditions of the ticket and a refund will not be issued to anyone. The OP in that thread did that (after being ignored by the seller) and the seller immediately offered a refund to the OP. Worth a shot. Nothing to lose.

The seller would be worse off financially.

Buyer says nothing = seller keeps money and automatically gets refund. Seller gains
    Buyer complains to TM = seller keeps money and is declined refund. Seller gains
    Buyer complains to TM = seller returns money and is declined refund. Seller loses, but fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

slimjimmc wrote: »

Buyer says nothing = seller keeps money and automatically gets refund. Seller gains
    Buyer complains to TM = seller returns money and is declined refund. Seller loses, but fair

or buyer contacts seller, tells them they are going to contact TM unless seller gives money back seller gives money back and gets a refund off TM = both people happy

buyer contacts seller, tells them they are going to contact TM unless seller gives money back, seller does not give money back, buyer contacts TM, TM cancels refund, Buyer in no worse off a position as they are now, seller does not get a double whammy of money, buyer although loses out has satisfaction that they cost the seller the double refund!

The best scenario is that the buyer does not actually contact TM but gets their money back and seller gets a refund for their original money sent. This is the most equitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

I cannot see these shows going ahead. It would take a major climbdown by the council AND sorting of the threatened legal injunction AND Brooks to accept the messing.

Its made a mockery of our image.

I would put twenty quid on it with any one person here that 5 shows in croker are not going to happen.

Are you giving odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

slimjimmc wrote: »

First things first...

OP - is the ticket a physical ticket or is it an electronic ticket?

If it's physical, bring it to a kiosk and try get it refunded.

As for telling the seller that you'll contact ticketmaster about reselling.. 50/50 is still better than no chance...

If I were the OP I would contact them again and say you don't expect the refund until they themselves have been refunded by ticketmaster, but you do expect to be refunded what you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHPhoto

Paypal won't get involved if it is outside 45 days since the transaction occured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

For any poor unfortunate soul that bought Garth tickets on ebay and think you can get a refund here is the response from Ebay & Paypal both stating the 45 day rule. How the hell they expected you to put in a claim for a gig that might be cancelled is beyong me anyway here is the response you will get after you contact the seller direct who obviously will not reply to you.
    Ebay Ireland
    Thank you for contacting eBay regarding the "2 Garth Brooks Tickets that you purchased.

I do understand your concern as you haven't recieved any refund yet. I have reviewed your account details and can see that you have not file any case in the eBay Resolution Centre within the timeline and therefore you will not be covered under 'eBay Money Back Guarantee" (eBMG).

Paypal:
    Thank you for contacting PayPal. We recently received your dispute for the
    following transaction:

Case ID: PP-0??????
    Amount: 215.5 EUR

Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot continue with this investigation
    because your complaint was filed 45 or more days after the original
    transaction date.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Did you pay by credit card through your paypal account?

I did indeed

You can try do a chargeback through your credit card company?

How do I go about doing that?

I'm not 100% sure as I have never had to do it myself but I'm sure a bit of googling will come up with what you need to do.

Worth a try I spose

I'm not 100% sure as I have never had to do it myself but I'm sure a bit of googling will come up with what you need to do.

Contact the phone number on the back of the credit card and find the exact procedure with the financial institution in question.

I did it and had to write a letter explaining the details with any evidence of trying to resolve directly with the retailer. It's not quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement