Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ebay

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

delahuntv wrote: »
    If the concerts don't go ahead (I'll bet you a grand they WILL go ahead), then you just download the refund form, fill in the details and send it off.

I don't think tickets purchased online or by phone have been dispatched yet, so only tickets bought directly from an outlet are in peoples hands - therefore if you have tickets from a third party, just download the form, fill in your bank details and ticket details and send it off. All details are on ticketmaster.

In anycase, the concerts WILL proceed. I ony wish Paddy Power would take bets on all five going ahead, but they told me they don't take bets on dead certs!

Can we have that grand please? We bought 3 sets of tickets in Jan on ebay at an average cost of €150 a ticket so that we could auction them for our charity. We have NO chance of ever getting it back. Paypal insurance only lasts 45 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

GinaH wrote: »
    Can we have that grand please? We bought 3 sets of tickets in Jan on ebay at an average cost of €150 a ticket so that we could auction them for our charity. We have NO chance of ever getting it back. Paypal insurance only lasts 45 days.

If they aren't physical tickets (i.e. they're printouts):

As was mentioned earlier, get in contact with the seller(s) and tell them you want the face value of the tickets refunded. When they say no, tell them you'll be contacting ticketmaster and informing them of the row and seat numbers for whichever dates that were sold against the T&Cs for higher than their face value and the seller is refusing to refund the face value.

If they are physical tickets:

Fill out a refund form and send them back with it.

If they aren't physical tickets (i.e. they're printouts):

As was mentioned earlier, get in contact with the seller(s) and tell them you want the face value of the tickets refunded. When they say no, tell them you'll be contacting ticketmaster and informing them of the row and seat numbers for whichever dates that were sold against the T&Cs for higher than their face value and the seller is refusing to refund the face value.

If they are physical tickets:

Fill out a refund form and send them back with it.

So the seller gets to keep their big profit?

erm, you kinda can't prevent that if they won't refund you.

Or you could do your best to recoup at least some of it.

Up to you entirely, you have options to get some or most of it back.

Are they physical tickets or a print-out of e-tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

We have NO chance of ever getting it back.
    Have you contacted the seller? A lot of people seem to be presuming that anyone selling tickets is an immoral swindling scumbag who would never dream of returning money.

Two sets are print and one set is an e ticket. Looks like I best try Joe Duffy. Will never be silly enough to but tickets on ebay again.

rubadub wrote: »
    Have you contacted the seller? A lot of people seem to be presuming that anyone selling tickets is an immoral swindling scumbag who would never dream of returning money.

Have tried...the silence is deafening

Two sets are print and one set is an e ticket. Looks like I best try Joe Duffy. Will never be silly enough to but tickets on ebay again.

Contact the sellers.

If the sellers of the hard copy tickets don't want to refund you the extra you paid on top of the face value, then I'm sorry - it sucks - but there's nothing you can do about that amount.

However

With the 2 non-electronic tickets, you can claim back their face value.

Regarding the e-ticket, engage NOW with the seller. Tell them you want your money back, if they say no, tell them you'll be contacting ticketmaster about how they illegally sold on the tickets for more than the face value. If they offer to return some of the money, it's up to you whether you want to accept such a deal.

I would hope any money you've raised so far from raffle ticket sales won't have to be returned. **** situation, but you should at least be able to get the face value of 4 of them back. Better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

They can stop the refund on those tickets though. Whether or not they will stop the refund is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes. Like it or not, that's the idea of profit. It's not the seller's fault that you wanted to pay over the odds.

With the 2 non-electronic tickets, you can claim back their face value.
    If the buyer paid in cash at an outlet I think this is hte case. Some buyers will buy by CC online and have them posted out, rather than go for e-tickets. These will be refunded direct to the card.

If someone paid in an outlet by CC I am not sure what happens

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/gbrefunds.html
    1. Question - I bought my tickets over the phone, online or on my mobile. How will I get a refund?
    Answer - No action is required on your part. On 15th July a full refund including service charge will automatically be refunded to the card used to make the purchase. Please allow 7-10 working days for the refund to reach your account.

2. Question - I bought my tickets at a Ticketmaster ticket centre. How will I get my refund?
    Answer - Customers are required to complete a refund form and either post this to Ticketmaster or hand the completed refund form to a Ticketmaster Ticket Centre. In both cases, customers will need to return the form WITH your GARTH BROOKS tickets. Please make a note of the show date and your seat details and retain the left hand portion of the refund form for your records.

Question 2 would suggest if they paid by CC in an outlet they still have to go back. However my friend had tickets for a cancelled gig a few years ago and they wanted the tickets back and he kicked up a fuss saying he could not make it into them and didn't see why he shoudl have to pay for postage and they refunded the CC.

tell them you'll be contacting ticketmaster about how they illegally sold on the tickets for more than the face value.
    This is not illegal. the only time I heard of ebay caring about ticket sales was for the likes of live 8 or possibly other charity gigs.
    Have tried...the silence is deafening
    Did the seller have many sales before, or current sales? fingers crossed they just might not be online much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Regarding the e-ticket, engage NOW with the seller. Tell them you want your money back, if they say no, tell them you'll be contacting ticketmaster about how they illegally sold on the tickets for more than the face value. If they offer to return some of the money, it's up to you whether you want to accept such a deal.
    Is it illegal, under what law?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rubadub wrote: »
    If someone paid in an outlet by CC I am not sure what happens

This rarely happens now - every local agent to here is cash only. Might be a few that still take CC but the costs involved have put most off.

It's part of the terms and conditions of the agreement with ticketmaster into which you enter when you purchase a ticket from them. Breaking a contract isn't illegal, apologies, but it is actionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

"11. Question - I purchased tickets from unauthorised ticketing sellers. How can I get a refund?
    Answer - Individuals who purchased tickets from unauthorised ticket sellers will need to contact that ticket seller to obtain a refund."

Ticketmaster won't care, they state not to purchase tickets from unauthorised sellers on their site...tickets...etc...

only chance of a refund if you did is if you have a physical ticket not purchased over the phone / online...

1st reply

I will only be getting refunded cost price for the tickets and that is what I will be refunding anyone who bought from me. I am not obliged to repay anything as the 45 day buyer protection has passed and the tickets were purchased second hand but I will refund cost price when I receive it.

- barginjewellery Reply in your email program or through My Messages
    Respond Now

We paid her 320 and face value is 130

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ticketmaster won't care if you bought from someone else. It's far far too late to be sending a ticket/ringing to ticketmaster now in an effort to stop them refunding the tout as it's likely already been batch processed for a refund. They wouldn't have done it anyway and they are right not to. If you buy from a tout, then tough ****. Noone forces you to buy touts and when you do, you only encourage them to continue to do it for future events.

It's funny, I never associated the word Ebay with the word tout. But as you live you learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's funny, I never associated the word Ebay with the word tout. But as you live you learn.

Whats the difference between a guy charging you €160 a ticket on the street outside the gig or the same guy selling it to you for €160 on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's part of the terms and conditions of the agreement with ticketmaster into which you enter when you purchase a ticket from them. Breaking a contract isn't illegal, apologies, but it is actionable.

The only terms and conditions I see say you can't resell if prohibited by law (which it's not at the moment) or if the Event Partner (Aitken/GB) prohibits it.
    Did the Event Partner prohibit reselling tickets? I suppose one way to know its to check if its printed on the ticket.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_ourpolicy
    6.8 You may not resell or transfer your tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event Partners may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event Partner is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.

From the T&Cs on my ticket:
    Tickets cannot be used for promotional purposes unless permitted by the Organiser. Tickets may not be resold for more than face value.

That's the bit I was thinking of.

Advertisement