Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Walderstown road races

• 09-07-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Practice is on Saturday 12th.
    Racing on Sunday 13th.

Walderstown is located approx 6 miles outside Athlone on the Mullingar Rd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wont be going, wil be watering the muck out my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wont be going, wil be watering the muck out my back garden.

Haha ffs and marking out steps for a bricky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Going away with the mrs for the night on Friday , it's been a very long time since we managed to get away just us without the kids or having to worry about them, so not a chance of being able to stand up on my own two feet Saturday let alone being on the bike!

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Going away with the mrs for the night on Friday , it's been a very long time since we managed to get away just us without the kids or having to worry about them, so not a chance of being able to stand up on my own two feet Saturday let alone being on the bike!

So go to the race on Sunday never mind Sat....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

anyone heading over from Dublin northside tomorrow? I'll be leaving at approx 0930

• Advertisement

The_Chap wrote: »
    anyone heading over from Dublin northside tomorrow? I'll be leaving at approx 0930

Andy,

Just to let you know that roads close at 8am tomorrow absolute madness TBH but they had trouble the last few years with Traffic. Racing starts at 11 but you will not get the bike in on circuit if you arrive after 8.

I am heading from Meath you are more then welcome to tag along but I will be leaving at 6am :eek::eek::eek:

Separate's the men from the boys at that time in the pissings of rain I tells ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Andy,

Just to let you know that roads close at 8am tomorrow absolute madness TBH but they had trouble the last few years with Traffic. Racing starts at 11 but you will not get the bike in on circuit if you arrive after 8.

I am heading from Meath you are more then welcome to tag along but I will be leaving at 6am :eek::eek::eek:

Separate's the men from the boys at that time in the pissings of rain I tells ya.

Update : Roads close at 8am to traffic passing through the circuit. Anyone arriving after that will have to pay to pass the barrier.
    I will be there approx 09.30.
    Racing will start approx 11am.
    Wonderburger is leaving home approx 8am ( not 6 am)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Update : Roads close at 8am to traffic passing through the circuit. Anyone arriving after that will have to pay to pass the barrier.

What's parking like ? - I've been meaning to attend for ages.

The burgermeister texted me the same, unfortunately I can't leave earlier than 0930 so will have to chance it, hopefully see you around

Hope all had a good day, got there at 12, later than expected but saw some good racing
    Found out wife's uncle had his camper there so had a nice vantage point at the first corner :-)

Pretty much had the road to myself coming back so made "good progress" to get home for dinner on table when I walked in - happy days

• Advertisement

Was a good day as no incidents, looking forward to Armoy all ready. Love that track....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

This is on the wk-end.

Worth going to? €15 to enter.

http://www.foremcrc.com/

Any tips if you've been before for good viewing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Last corner before the startline is worth a watch and the first at the end of the straight is good....watching some serious braking

This is on the wk-end.

Worth going to? €15 to enter.

http://www.foremcrc.com/

Good event and nice technical track...I like the course. And very well run.

Advertisement