Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House reconfiguration

• 09-07-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All , looking for a recommendation. I want to change the layout of my house, not to build on as such but to knock interior walls, reconfigure kitchen etc. Can anybody recommend a good and imaginative architect? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

Hi All , looking for a recommendation. I want to change the layout of my house, not to build on as such but to knock interior walls, reconfigure kitchen etc. Can anybody recommend a good and imaginative architect? TIA

Unless you have enough in the budget to take on both, I'd say it's an engineer you need rather than an architect. The engineer will have to assess what loads internal walls are bearing at the moment and how to maintain the structural integrity of the house if you want to remove any.
    If you know what you want done, a good engineer would probably be able to do up whatever drawings are necessary as well.

Advertisement