Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm activation on an inhibited point - HKC panel

Options
  • 09-07-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello All,

I wonder if anybody can explain the following.

On a particular HKC panel there has been a history of false/ nuisance alarms due to one particular point (mounted on a skylight), P67. Last week I set the alarm while inhibiting the point (i.e. 0#4*67) but today (i.e. 7 days later with nobody entering the house) it has generated another nuisance alarm on this point. I confirmed through the log that the point had been inhibited.

Anybody know what is going on??

Thanks,

Leo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Did you press Yes after the point number?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

Thanks for the reply.

I did indeed press 'yes' & the panel displayed something like:

'P67 inhibited'

& then continued the exit tone.

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I've never had to press yes after inhibiting a zone. It just takes slightly longer as the display shows" P67 is inhibited" "System Arming" . Pressing yes just skips the "P67 is inhibited" from being displayed and goes straight to system arming.

The same happens while arming with multiple open zones and you press "0#4 ** " if you don't press yes the display shows all the zones being bypassed . Pressing yes just speeds it up to "System arming".

OP are you sure it's an alarm you're getting and not a Tamper? Are you certain it's P67 .

Thanks for the help.

Looking at the SMS msg sent & yes, definitely an alarm activation on P67.

I wrote out the sequence for arming (& took a picture) so I'm nearly certain I inhibited the problem point.

I assume with a HKC system that there cannot be a zone 67 & a point 67 on the same panel? It may have said 'Zone 67 inhibited' rather than 'Point 67 inhibited'.

Is there by any chance a time limit on an inhibit? Can the engineer set the panel up to disregard a user inhibit after a specified time period?

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

leo738 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help.

I wrote out the sequence for arming (& took a picture) so I'm nearly certain I inhibited the problem point.

I assume with a HKC system that there cannot be a zone 67 & a point 67 on the same panel? It may have said 'Zone 67 inhibited' rather than 'Point 67 inhibited'.

Is there by any chance a time limit on an inhibit? Can the engineer set the panel up to disregard a user inhibit after a specified time period?

Leo
    What panel is it? If it a 1070 then code #67? When it says zone 67? Press No then it will inhibit Point 67.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

leo738 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help.

Leo

You can have a zone 67 and point 67. Check the log and when it says "user inhibit " press "0" and it'll show you when and what was inhibited.

After the panel has been disarmed any previously inhibited zones/points are re armed. There is options in the engineer menu that might have been changed.
    The engineer might have set it accidentally so when the zone closes it is re armed. In your case the faulty sensor showed a brief open circuit and then closed. The panel then un bypassed that zone. Then the faulty sensor tripped again causing the alarm..
    Can't think of the menu it's under at the moment ..

stuartkee wrote: »
    What panel is it? If it a 1070 then code #67? When it says zone 67? Press No then it will inhibit Point 67.

Many thanks! I think this is the reason. I'll give it a try.

Regards,

Leo

Advertisement