Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to Miss Match

• 09-07-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

So today my family was invited to cousins house for dinner.
    Now I had forgotten that today Argentina was playing today in the semi-final(Argentina fan). My cousins have sky but they do not have RTE, I know ITV is free but you have to get that from other channels but I cannot take that risk as they might have pin lock that they might not know and I know for sure they do not have an active sky subscription just a free box so therefore I might not eb able to view ITV from the other channels.
    So my only option is by using my phone, anyone know a good app or site that can be used my an s4 which gives good quality streaming, thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So today my family was invited to cousins house for dinner.
    Now I had forgotten that today Argentina was playing today in the semi-final(Argentina fan). My cousins have sky but they do not have RTE, I know ITV is free but you have to get that from other channels but I cannot take that risk as they might have pin lock that they might not know and I know for sure they do not have an active sky subscription just a free box so therefore I might not eb able to view ITV from the other channels.
    So my only option is by using my phone, anyone know a good app or site that can be used my an s4 which gives good quality streaming, thank you

Assuming you're in Ireland, get the RTE player app

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Assuming you're in Ireland, get the RTE player app

And will that show the full match stream live or just commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

RTE Player streaming is shyte.

Try filmontv app it has access to BBC and ITV.

It's free for SD. Which given you're using a portable device should suffice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I don't think you need to pin to access 'Other Channels'. And do they not have RTE through Sky? Channel 102.

RTE Player or FilmOn will let you watch it live too.

Turtwig wrote: »

I have started the download for that aswell.
    Thank God I am going at 9.40 atleast I will be able to watch 1st half

• Advertisement

I don't think you need to pin to access 'Other Channels'. And do they not have RTE through Sky? Channel 102.

No I don't think so, but I have downloaded those both apps as a back up if everything fails.
    Thanks guys saved me a good match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

You don't need a pin to access other channels and rte won't be available if you are just using you're skybox as a free view box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

I watched the penalties in Holland v Costa Rica on my phone on 3g on RTE player without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

If they're using it for freeview then you'd imagine ITV would be tuned in. Otherwise, you could come down with a mystery 24hr illness ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

kev1.3s wrote: »
    You don't need a pin to access other channels and rte won't be available if you are just using you're skybox as a free view box.

What channels are available if you use the skybox as a free view box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

urabell wrote: »
    I watched the penalties in Holland v Costa Rica on my phone on 3g on RTE player without any issues.

I've watched all the games on rte player app on my phone using wifi. Don't have Rte on the tv. And it's worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

RTE player has been almost perfect for me throughout the tournament even through a vpn. Worth checking your cousins WIFI speed when you arrive.

Even with 3g it's quite good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BBC not showing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

jonny24ie wrote: »
    BBC not showing it?

No, they've shown the matches either on ITV or BBC but not both

Mushy wrote: »
    What channels are available if you use the skybox as a free view box?
    There are to many to list but rte is defenantly not on it due to licensing restrictions, if you take you're viewing card out you can see what is available free.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Don't go to dinner. I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Dont rely on the Film On app. It has been showing a message since the first week of the world cup that something to do with FIFA asking them to block coverage of the world cup.

Rte player is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Just stay at home and watch it? 940 is a bit late for dinner?

Yea just tell you couldn't wait till 9.40 and have already eaten.

Well it all worked well.
    At first the film app did not work because of Fifa so I was worried because I had uninstalled the RTE app, but then I decided to use their wifi, when I arrived to my astonishment the match was already on everyone tuned to itv :)

• Advertisement

THREAD CLOSED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

Turtwig wrote: »

Well it all worked well.
    At first the film app did not work because of Fifa so I was worried because I had uninstalled the RTE app, but then I decided to use their wifi, when I arrived to my astonishment the match was already on everyone tuned to itv :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Eh...don't go?? what idiot puts on a dinner during the world cup unless its a planned thing specifically to watch the game?

My local gah team have changed their "challenge" (ie friendly game) from Saturday to Sunday at 7.30pm...typical gaa. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jesus I would have loved to go to a dinner at the in-laws over watching that game last night. Hindsight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I came in here expecting Miss Match to be some sort of sexy show. I am highly disappointed but still somewhat aroused.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I came in here expecting Miss Match to be some sort of sexy show. I am highly disappointed but still somewhat aroused.

You need counselling :D

Advertisement