Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i write a lettr of explanation along wit a police report/court report request

Options
  • 09-07-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I have my mcCIC all filled out and sent off.

Unfortunately i have a few criminal convictions from a few years ago (all over 6 years) and nothing major, but myCIC came back requesting additional documents on the convictions i.e. a police report / court report.

I have just received this and it breaks them down into greater detail but also makes things looks a lot worse than they are.

Should i write up a document explaining that i deeply regret these actions, they were from a number of years ago and I have been in no trouble whatsoever since?

I was worried this could become an issue.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Also, there are court appearances on these reports that didnt show up on the original police cert (as i was not convicted of them) should i send everything or ignore those as they have no way of knowing about them?

Also, when i go into my myCIC account, the option for additional docs or letter of explanation is no longer there, if i do send one should i combine it with the police/court reports?

Cheers

Advertisement