Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access BIOS

Options
  • 09-07-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I know that the usuall way to access BIOS is to press a key when your computer is starting up before it gets to the sign in screen. Problem is my Pc cuts straight to the sign in screen I don't see the screen where i'd have to press a key to access the BIOS. Any help on this? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

It's either the Esc key or F12 (depending on the system). Try rebooting and tapping one of those to get in. Start tapping the key as soon as the machine powers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Often F2 key. Google your model!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

Cheers for the help lads but no luck and other problems have came up, ive made a new thread about the new issus but as im a new user it won't let me post a URL to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you're using Windows 8 you have to do it through the Windows UEFI BIOS thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGiG1oljjZI

I am using windows 7 but now im having trouble with windows explorer.exe

• Advertisement

I sorted it out cheers for the help

Advertisement