Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uppa baby vista travel system _ worth money? where to buy?!

Options
  • 09-07-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering does anyone know where is the cheapest place to order a travel system from? Is it worth going up north to get one? Does anyone know of any baby shops doing sale offers on the uppa baby vista at the moment?? I have spent the week looking at travel systems and I think this is the one for me. It's very light n easy to move and ive a bad back. Would love to hear opinions of others are they worth the money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

You're right in that it's very light and easy to move. However, have you tried carrying it folded? It is FAR from light, and I wouldn't like to attempt it with a bad back!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If you've a bad back I'd get an all in one light stroller. Like the Bugaboo bee or a babyjogger. The Vista is very heavy because it's designed to carry two children.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I have one and don't find it heavy when folded. There's a knack to carrying it. Believe me I carry it up and down the stairs daily. Brilliant buggy, one of our best buys. Dd is six weeks so we are still using the pram. I bought in Bella baby which was slightly more expensive than I'd seen else where but I was happy to pay the extra for the piece of mind if something went wrong with it-they are the only shop which sticks it in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I dont think its all that heavy either. when folded I hold it by the bar going between the two wheels - its very comfortable to hold.
    We got ours in Tony Kealys. If there is a baby /pregnancy fair coming up you might get a discount from with tony kealys or bella baby at them as they usually do a discount on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I have one too,im no hulk hogan and I dont find it heavy.ive done miles of walking with it,find it great with the maxicosi car seat,loads of storage space.got mine on euro baby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you sure you want a travel system at all? The three wheeler strollers are lighter, smaller and you can clipa carseat onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

I don't know about the Uppababy system.

I reckon that the name alone is 50% of the cost. We were looking at it and the price was hefty. And it is heavy compared to other systems. In the end, the sytem was quoted to us for about €1000 for car seat & base, moses type basket attachment and frame. For a while I didn't even think there were other options to a travel system (first time father).

Had a chat with my sister who is a midwife and has 4 kids and she said to got for the stroller option (I always thought strollers were for older kids). Seeing as we got a stroller and attachable car seat for €130 new, we are delighted. Much lighter than the uppababy and much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Strollers are grand but a lot don't face the parent for newborns or lie completely flat. I wasn't very keen on our cheap stroller, I use the good one far more.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

Hiya, we had an uppababy vista, sold it recently. What I liked:
    Very sturdy
    Roomy pram bit
    You can maneuver with one hand
    Adjustable handle (we are both tall , so really important)
    Folds easily

Now what I didn't like:
    Found it massive, even folded (we live in an apt, so space is v limited)
    Had to use adapters for cosy maxi seat
    We had issues with the frame; took quite a while for it to be fixed, was a hassle

We got very little use out of it as little man hated lying flat as w baby, and later on we just got a mclaren which is SO much lighter and folds into nothing. Not sure what I would do if I were expecting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

lazygal wrote: »
    Strollers are grand but a lot don't face the parent for newborns or lie completely flat. I wasn't very keen on our cheap stroller, I use the good one far more.
    Our stroller comes with an adjustable handle which allows you to push the stroller with baby facing towards or away from you. And it lies flat or can be adjusted into sitting position for older children. Just doesn't have a common brandname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Did people who have this buggy use the carry cot for sleeping all of the time instead of having a separate Moses basket?

Also, reading other reviews, they say it's fine for town but suspension not good for bumpy roads because the wheels are too firm. Anyone else find this?

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Marz66 wrote: »
    Did people who have this buggy use the carry cot for sleeping all of the time instead of having a separate Moses basket?

Also, reading other reviews, they say it's fine for town but suspension not good for bumpy roads because the wheels are too firm. Anyone else find this?

Tia

I had been given a moses basket from someone so didnt get much use of the carry cot, expecting again now so will probably use the carry cot instead of the moses basket as my son was the lenght of the moses basket at 5 weeks.

I live quiet rural on a small country road - i dont find it too bumpy - but i would rather a few bumps to a puntured tyre a mile from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Thanks silly, that's good to know. I definitely like the sound of no punctures!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

Marz66 wrote: »

Tia

I think it was smooth riding on all surfaces that I encountered

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I find it pretty smooth too. And I use the bassinet for her to sleep in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I bought a moses basket but baby preferred the pram top that came with uppa baby vista so she slept through the night in that up to five months.
    I do all terraine with it,done some rocky paths up a hiking trail and not had a problem.
    Babys almost nine months,still using wheels daily with maxi cosi car seat but have yet to use buggy part.

Advertisement