Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help!

• 09-07-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

My mother who is due to be mother of the bride on Friday was just trying on her wedding outfit and realised that the coat she is wearing over her dress still has the security tag on it! We have no idea how we have only just noticed this as it is as clear as day hanging on the back. Also have no idea how the alarm didn't go off when we exited the shop! She got the outfit up north so there is no possible way we could bring it back tomorrow and get them to remove it as the wedding is Friday. Does anyone know if any shop will remove this tag? My mother seems to be of the notion that only the shop it's purchased in will remove it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

anna080 wrote: »
    My mother who is due to be mother of the bride on Friday was just trying on her wedding outfit and realised that the coat she is wearing over her dress still has the security tag on it! We have no idea how we have only just noticed this as it is as clear as hanging on the back. Also have no idea how the alarm didn't go off when we exited the shop! She got the outfit up north so there is no possible way we could bring it back tomorrow and get them to remove it as the wedding is Friday. Does anyone know if any shop will remove this tag? My mother seems to be of the notion that shops don't remove them!

If you have the receipt and explain what happened I'm sure they would. The only thing is not all security tags are the same, it happened me before and brought the item to new look. They had no problem with taking it off but they physically couldn't. Had to bring it back to Topshop in the end to remove it. They didn't really ask any questions either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What shop is it? Do they have a branch here?
    Ideally you'll need to find a shop with a silinar removal tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

whiskeyman wrote: »
    What shop is it? Do they have a branch here?
    Ideally you'll need to find a shop with a silinar removal tool

It was bought in mcelhinneys in athboy. We got it before Xmas so now frantically searching trying to find the receipt! If it can't be removed she will just have to buy another coat to go over it but we live in a small town but not much variety in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Ring mcelheneys and explain the problem to them.

Ask them to organise a courier to bring it to athboy and back or ask them to make arrangements with a shop in your area to have it removed.

They are a reputable shop and should take responsibility for their mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

does it have ink in it or is it just a sensor for alarm.

if the later get someone with a snips nibble away at it till you get to the bar that joins them then snip that.

or else find a big magnet thats usually what they use to remove them.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    does it have ink in it or is it just a sensor for alarm.

if the later get someone with a snips nibble away at it till you get to the bar that joins them then snip that.

or else find a big magnet thats usually what they use to remove them.

It's the big red and white circle. To be honest I'm too afraid to go hacking away at it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Great suggestion from rosebush. It really is the stores fault and they should do all they can to help.
    Let us know how u get on!
    Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

I think oasis or coast have 'circle tags'. If there's one nearby give them a call and see if they will help. I'm sure if you explain to them what has happened they should try and help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

anna080 wrote: »
    It's the big red and white circle. To be honest I'm too afraid to go hacking away at it myself

I think the red is a dye in those ones I'm not sure.

Try a couple of different stores if you're net a shopping centre it will obviously be easier.

They're not to difficult to get off you just need to be careful you don't damage your top whilst doing so.

It comes straight off if you can get your hands on a magnet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

If you know anyone that owns or works in a clothes shop they should be able to take it off. I used to work in clothing wholesale and used to get returns back with lots of different types of tags and one shop used to be able to take them all off for us

• Advertisement

Job done guys! A woman my father works with has a sister who works in a shop and she opened the shop there especially for us! It came off in two seconds! Phew! Disaster avoided!! Thanks for all the advice x

Advertisement