Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Loyalty Line and cancellation?

Options
  • 09-07-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im looking for a direct phone number to the loyalty dept of UPC, im sure I saw it here a few weeks back but cant seem to find it in the search options. I am paying nearly 80euros a month for exactly what new customers are paying 30euros a month for (even after 6 months it only jumps to under 60euros). I rang them up asking them for a different offer and the woman told me that the "best" she could do was a reduction of 3 euros because I had 2 cable points in the house and they couldnt reduce it anymore. Basically, I have phone, broadband and digital tv and there are 2 cable connections bringing them all together.

But I have had enough of paying so much more that the new customers. Has anyone had any luck dealing with the loyalty department and getting an upgrade? I wouldnt even care about a delay of a day or two if they needed to make new connections etc. At this stage i actually will move to Sky if they wont help me. Has anyone got any advice on how to play this in my favor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hi, Im looking for a direct phone number to the loyalty dept of UPC, im sure I saw it here a few weeks back but cant seem to find it in the search options. I am paying nearly 80euros a month for exactly what new customers are paying 30euros a month for (even after 6 months it only jumps to under 60euros). I rang them up asking them for a different offer and the woman told me that the "best" she could do was a reduction of 3 euros because I had 2 cable points in the house and they couldnt reduce it anymore. Basically, I have phone, broadband and digital tv and there are 2 cable connections bringing them all together.

But I have had enough of paying so much more that the new customers. Has anyone had any luck dealing with the loyalty department and getting an upgrade? I wouldnt even care about a delay of a day or two if they needed to make new connections etc. At this stage i actually will move to Sky if they wont help me. Has anyone got any advice on how to play this in my favor?

Yeah, ring them and cancel. A week before it was due to be disconnected they rang me and I got a one year deal of €35 euro for home phone digital max (all channels except sports and movies) and 200mb broadband. Extra 6 euro for another box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Try retentions on 061-272190 or 1890 940 140

Advertisement