Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many other files are currently in use by 16-Bit Programs

Options
  • 09-07-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Computer boots up fine, get onto desktop grand but after I press the start button and select something it does not open. After that the start button is "frozen" and when I try select something from it I get that annoying error noise. When I shut down the computer it stays on "shuting down" and does not shut down I have to hold the power button in to shut it down. Any ideas how to fix it? I also can't assess the boot menu on start up as it cuts straight to the sign in screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

You could have posted this in your other thread.

Quickly tap F8 while the machine is powering up, can you get in to Safe Mode?

What operating system are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gary ryan

I'm using windows 7, ive tried tapping F8 while it was starting up like it was suggested in the other thread but it did not work unfortunally, what other ways is there to get it into safe mode apart from on boot up and using the start button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

gary ryan wrote: »
    I'm using windows 7, ive tried tapping F8 while it was starting up like it was suggested in the other thread but it did not work unfortunally, what other ways is there to get it into safe mode apart from on boot up and using the start button?

That's not how you get in to Safe Mode.

You could try a live CD, eg Trinity Rescue CD.

Download the .iso file (on another pc if you can) and burn it to a cd. Stick the cd in and see if the machine boots from it.

Cheers for the help going to do it now but before I do I just encounterd "windows explorer.exe" has stoped working windows is checking for solutions. Could the problem be something to do with that?

Ive resloved the issues thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

gary ryan wrote: »
    Ive resloved the issues thanks for the help

What was causing the issue?

A windows update did not install correctly and was causing script issues, so I reinstalled it and so far ive had no issues.

Advertisement