Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Hi,
    Thanks for all the effort you have put into this thread. It is appreciated.
    Two questions.
    - I have two sat feeds from a dual LNB into my AA2. Will Nowso's channel list work or do i need to do a separate scan on tuner 2 to ensure i can watch and record two different SAT channels at once.
    - Is it still the case that Spark can not do Series link or is there a plugin that will facilitate this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the Channel list works with both sat tuners - thats how mine is set up , add saorview and you can record 2 and watch a 3rd channel

there is no Soarview on the channel list as the frequencys vary so much . just a quick terrestrial tune and organise can sort that out - note the rte1+1 issue earlier that if you tune a terrestrial channel thats not on you may need to reboot

no plugin for series ling but you can set timers to record every tuesday at 7 or every monday to friday etc etc so you can worka round it

Thanks, i take it the RTE1 +1 issue is the same for RTE jr. when it goes off air at 7pm?

AlanG wrote: »
    Thanks, i take it the RTE1 +1 issue is the same for RTE jr. when it goes off air at 7pm?

if you want it in you can scan the frequency and delete it afterwards lol

ill test it again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

This may seem like the strangest question .

have a SAB Unix Triple Tuner , Tempted to go with Enigma but for now I figure its best to learn on the Default SPARKS

have my NAS connected and Sorted CROSSEPG 7 days working, Have the recording they way I want it.
    Happy enough with all that .
    Only Issue I have is the FONT
    its awful. I can see I can alter the font , but where do I get an Alternate font from. Needs to be slightly Bigger/Bold

Or do I just mod something from the OS itself and load that.

• Advertisement

i havnt found a different font

your doing well to have the NAS working

The NAS Working was the easy part (Fluke) , Found sorting the Crossepg to be a little confusing . but then again I did that with out finding this thread . FFS every time i googled for Sab Unix Triple i either got a for sale add or the Elite Thread for the Enigma2 users

also Cancel sky today , That was an Ordeal . I am not sure How many times I said "I would still like to proceed with the Cancellation" .

If I find out how to alter fonts I will post it up

edit : Apparently you can just change it to want you want , place a .ttf file from \Windows\fonts on a usb and Import via the fonts setting in setup . I shall try a few this evening and see what I like :D

Helsinki.ttf used , Much easier read from across the room , and it is as I described above , just copy the files from font on windows 7 to a usb , you can preview them at the font change window , when you find the one you like just exit and save , system will reboot .

Now , TV WALL Icons ?? how do I update this , when I select download from online they do not update, so is it a database someone has that I can import

Joeface wrote: »
    Helsinki.ttf used , Much easier read from across the room , and it is as I described above , just copy the files from font on windows 7 to a usb , you can preview them at the font change window , when you find the one you like just exit and save , system will reboot .

Now , TV WALL Icons ?? how do I update this , when I select download from online they do not update, so is it a database someone has that I can import

to get a decent set of icons do auto channel list update for 28.2

then delete all channels and reload you channel list and they will still be installed

Loaded a couple of different windows 8 fonts - there working fine actually better than the original fonts

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    to get a decent set of icons do auto channel list update for 28.2

then delete all channels and reload you channel list and they will still be installed

Hi Nowso , thanks for the pointers so far , Pretty sure I did exactly as above . but no Joy . I did find a pack/zip on line with what was suppose to be most of the picon's but after install only the MORE4 logo appeared in the tv wall.

any other advice ?? I no this part isn't important but its the flashing lights that fool us all , So I need a Pretty TV wall :D

in the menu / channel / auto channel list

load the astra 1n/sa/2f/ eutelsasat auto channel list

that should load picons go through a few channels n see

then go to system basic / fact default and delete all channels

then reload your channel list

Helsinki ttf didnt work good with rte so im using verdana ttf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Hi - complete novice looking for some help.

Picked up a SAB triple tuner a few weeks back and struggling to wrap my head around it. Flashed it with Enigma2 but amongst the many issues I was having was that it crashed every few hours. Found Spark to be much more stable so trying to focus on that. All I need from the box is a decent EPG and the ability to record or pause live TV. Don't need any of the bells and whistles offered by Enigma2.

These are some of the issues I'm having -

1. I can't update the firmware. It has .69 installed. When I go into the Spark section in the Menu I get an error to say login failed and I can't select the Upgrade Software menu.
    2. I can't load Nowso's channel list. I get an Invalid XML error.
    3. I have no idea how to get CrossEPG working. It's asking me to enter providers lists.
    4. YouTube channel won't play.

I'm definitely connected to the Internet - can FTP in to the box.

Would appreciate any help / pointers.

Many thanks.

R

1 and 4 are the same problem ie internet

either your internet settings are wrong or its your router , is your dhcp on ? etc

2 when you update your fimware that may help

3 i use the internal crossepg not the plugin

hit the epg button and hit f1

1 and 4 are the same problem ie internet

either your internet settings are wrong or its your router , is your dhcp on ? etc

2 when you update your fimware that may help

3 i use the internal crossepg not the plugin

hit the epg button and hit f1

Thanks for the info. The Internet seems to be working fine. DHCP is on. The box has an IP address. I can FTP into it and view the web server. Any idea how I could troubleshoot any further?

what router are you using ?? wired . wifi

try updating the firmware via the other method download it and load it . the link was posted in the last few pages

what router are you using ?? wired . wifi

try updating the firmware via the other method download it and load it . the link was posted in the last few pages

It's a wired connection. The router is a UPC2425.

I've tried downloading the firmware and updating via USB but I get the message

"Update failed. STBID unmatch."

I tried it first with the latest firmware for the Amiko Alien 1.2.74. When that didn't work I figured it was because the box was a SAB Triple Tuner so found the latest firmware from SAB (1.2.73). Got the same error message.

check you got the right version for your box in the sab menu

one guy in the last few pages changed the stbid in the version.xml of the lastest amiko firmware to match his box and it worked and loaded the channel list then

check you got the right version for your box in the sab menu

one guy in the last few pages changed the stbid in the version.xml of the lastest amiko firmware to match his box and it worked and loaded the channel list then

This hasn't worked out too well for me. My box won't boot into Spark now. I keep getting this error -

IDENT Error-STB MODEL

I'm trying to install the rescue image but no joy. I can find instructions for the Amiko Alien 2 but not for the SAB so not sure if they're different.

• Advertisement

there shouldnt be much difference . try the 1.54 for the sab

there shouldnt be much difference . try the 1.54 for the sab

I downloaded 1.2.65 from spark-tv.com. I formatted a USB stick to FAT32, created a folder called spark and copied mImage.tar.gz and userfsub.img.tar.gz into it.

I'm following instructions from here -
    http://www.amikostb.com/downloads/Spark_Recovery.pdf

But I'm getting a message flashing on the LED display. It says T TO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

remoteboy wrote: »
    I downloaded 1.2.65 from spark-tv.com. I formatted a USB stick to FAT32, created a folder called spark and copied mImage.tar.gz and userfsub.img.tar.gz into it.

I'm following instructions from here -
    http://www.amikostb.com/downloads/Spark_Recovery.pdf

But I'm getting a message flashing on the LED display. It says T TO.
    T TO means it cant find or read the files. In this case you have to unzip them
    QUOTE:
    *.RAR or *.ZIP file (this should result two files (“userfsub.img” & “mImage”)
    .tar and .gz are zipped files

T TO means it cant find or read the files. In this case you have to unzip them
    QUOTE:
    *.RAR or *.ZIP file (this should result two files (“userfsub.img” & “mImage”)
    .tar and .gz are zipped files

Spot on. That's loaded and installed the rescue image for me. Cheers.

hopefully one last question on spark, what plugins should I be using say something to improve recording or just leave as default .

so far its running fine. bit slow on the channel swap but that's not real an issue

oh Portal , it's there any thing worth adding here

If you want to add city for weather on portal

i only have one plugin turned on and that can effect quicken up the channel switch depending on the version u use

reboot from the power every so often helps it run well aswell

One more question. Is it normal for these boxes to crash if they're left in standby for a couple of days? My SAB seems to be having real trouble waking up.

sometimes they can take a while to reboot

Hi,
    I have my box set up with spark. Time is from Sat and using Cross EPG as recommended. I can record to USB no problem when the box is on but if I set a timed recording and put the box in standby it does not power up to record the program. I have tried with Power Save in MISC settings set to on and off.
    Any advice?

• Advertisement

if its overnight does the download of the crossepg interfere with recordings set after it ?

Advertisement